Parents Supporting BMX? PLEASE read!

Related:
Create New Tag

1/9/2013 5:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2013 5:35 PM

ttt

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

1/9/2013 5:48 PM

My parents are the same way!

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

1/9/2013 5:51 PM

SickDude wrote:

My parents are the same way!

It sucks. Its not even my step dad, hes passive about it, he thinks its kinda cool I guess, but hes not involved with it. My real dad use to ride. He supports it, but I havent seen him in like 3 years. Only talked on the phone. From what I hear he use to go pretty hard but he got out of it for reasons I dont know.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

1/9/2013 5:52 PM

Just tell her exactly what you just typed, if she dosen't like it, tell her to fuck off.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

1/9/2013 5:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2013 5:55 PM

I think it's weird and kind of wrong that your mom doesn't support you in BMX. Parents are supposed to be the ones who support you in whatever you do, not try to force you do do things that you don't want to do. The fact that you stay out of trouble and make good grades makes the situation even tougher to get out of because you can't really improve in those regards to show her that BMX doesn't do anything wrong. One thing that it could be is that she doesn't like some of the guys who you ride with, and she doesn't want to tell you flat out that she dislikes you hanging around certain kids so she just denounces the hobby instead of telling you to quit hanging around certain dudes. Just out of curiosity, what did she think of your dad riding BMX, or do you not know?

|

Refs: element4all, kroller

1/9/2013 5:58 PM

Another thing that you might want to do is stress to her that you love riding bikes. If you're doing well in school, staying out of trouble, and spending a decent amount of time with your family while doing something that she knows you love and she has a problem with you riding, then that's fucked up because she has no reason to make you quit doing what you love to do.

|

Refs: element4all, kroller

1/9/2013 5:59 PM

I'm pretty sure almost my whole entire family thinks riding bikes are dangerous. Even cruising for god's sake, CRUISING. They always tell me to wear a helmet and use reflectors and stuff.. Not that they care after a while but then they remember eventually. Every time I go to the dirt trails, all I do is like launch myself and barely hop, yet they pray to god I won't die from it. I don't care about injuries, but the reaction from my parents just kills it for me and for them. Nothing else matters besides injuries, it's just their concern that honestly pisses me off deeply inside. This is probably why I can't even land a 360 after a year..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/9/2013 5:59 PM

She knows how much I love it.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

1/9/2013 6:02 PM

My dad used to be like that. He would put it down constantly only telling me I'll kill myself, I'll never make anything of it, and how I'll never be a "stunt biker". Now I don't live with him but those words are what motivate me to progress in my riding and be the best I can everyday and embrace every time I'm able to be on my bike.

|

1/9/2013 6:06 PM

FreddyDapice wrote:

She knows how much I love it.

Same here, it's just that their concern with injuries and killing myself just throws me over the top.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/9/2013 6:22 PM

My dad tries to make an attempt to atleast support me by buying me tubes and tires and driving me around to skateparks every once in a while, but he freaks the hell out when I forget or don't wear my helmet. Although I am happy he atleast makes an attempt.

|

WANTED:
-=-=-=-=-=-
gsport birdcages: black

1/9/2013 6:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2013 6:45 PM

My dad doesn't care either does my mum, but normally he'll just say "when you grow up you'll realize how stupid you look riding a little kids bike".

|

1/9/2013 8:33 PM

my dad supports me a shitload, even goes behind my moms back to order me stuff. =], my mom doesnt mind but whenever i sprang or break something shes like stop doing tricks on your bike. maybe she doesnt get what bmx is about.

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

1/9/2013 9:01 PM

My mom and dad support me 100% toward... Oh wait, they're both dead.

But as a dad, I try to support my kids in things they like to do. I see no reason for a parent to not support you being physically active and doing what you're passionate about. As long as your getting passing grades and keeping out of trouble, the parents job is to support you in your goals and dreams. Don't quit though, use it as motivation to get awesome!

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/9/2013 10:12 PM

Luckily my parents aren't like this. My dad and brother are all motocross. I never got into it, so I raced BMX as a kid and got my whole family into. Eventually they quit and I wanted to keep riding, so I started riding park on an 18in Hoffman. But I out grew it and just got back into the sport this summer. It feels good to be back. The rest of my family like cousins and uncle give me shit hardcore because I don't play "real sports". They are super anal. They came over one weekend. I was watching Dew Tour and they forced me to turn on football instead of, quote, "this stupid useless crap." I just choose to ignore them and ride anyways. That being said. Tell your mom to F off and just ride. See if your friend's family will take you with when they go to indoor parks and stuff. Good luck man!

|

Smitten In The Mitten

My Whip:

2013 Sunday Funday Aaron Ross Pro "

Ride For:

42North, Run Jelly Pandas, Michigan Local

1/9/2013 10:19 PM

my dad has started to support me in it ever since my mom passed a year ago. he lets me have my bike at school now and doesnt bitch at me when i go out to ride and stuff. also helps now that im 21. also because of being at school riding, ive met some of the locals and have gotten to know them. one is on Hyper flow team and another is on the hyper support team. and i know in the past year ive gotten better and my dad sees how pumped i get from that like i used to get when i played club soccer back in the day.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

1/9/2013 10:26 PM

Ehhh. My parents never supported it. But I ride for me and not them.I don't see what all the complaining is for, they could always disprove of it and not allow you to do it. Just remember they care about you. Dont forget your mom is a women and if you haven't learned it yet women say things when they really mean something else. She could simply put down the idea when she really just doesn't want you to get hurtnd knows it is likely!

|

1/10/2013 3:12 AM

my mom doesnt care or say anything, my dad just asks me if i need new tires or anything every now and again as a way of showing he loves me or some shit, its cool, but i never need anything lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/10/2013 4:15 AM

My dad doesn't really support me , he doesn't put it down so much but when he says i need to do a real sport i get so fuckin g pissed, i'm like how dare you not call it a sport!
But yeah just ride progress and when you'll be sponsored by Fly and Animal shove it up her face!

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

1/10/2013 4:31 AM

andyferly wrote:

My dad doesn't really support me , he doesn't put it down so much but when he says i need to do a real sport i get so fuckin g pissed, i'm like how dare you not call it a sport!
But yeah just ride progress and when you'll be sponsored by Fly and Animal shove it up her face!

MY dreams right there! aha, thanks for all the feedback, I decided i'm going to try and take all that negative shit to just try even harder and step out of my comfort zone. Hopefully to show her one day that you can make something nice out of BMX.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

1/10/2013 4:40 AM

andyferly wrote:

FreddyDapice wrote:

MY dreams right there! aha, thanks for all the feedback, I decided i'm going to try and take all that negative shit to just try even harder and step out of my comfort zone. Hopefully to show her one day that you can make something nice out of BMX.

Go for it brosky!

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

1/10/2013 7:08 AM

My dad supports me in almost whatever i do. I play basketball and football for my school, and he's always working with me on different aspects of each sport. And for bmx......he is always helping me anytime i need help fixing shit,and recently we have spent most weekends driving all over looking for good street spots. He is a good motivator too "that was a sketchy 3, tuck and spin you candy ass!!!" haha

|

Refs~ scamhype x 3, pikachu, kroller, Ivan, kingcitybikeco, powerhouse, and traded w/ Jr Faw &Kevin Burnette
Sold 24" complete to some kid on here Chris....something I think.

1/10/2013 7:43 AM

It bothers me to hear parents not supporting their kids. It only damages their relationship. I also consider it a mild form of abuse. And the way they talk about it could be considered verbal abuse.

My suggestion is to talk to a counselor at your school.

|

1/10/2013 1:13 PM

Fondue wrote:

It bothers me to hear parents not supporting their kids. It only damages their relationship. I also consider it a mild form of abuse. And the way they talk about it could be considered verbal abuse.

My counselor has two wheels.

|

1/10/2013 1:53 PM

My parents don't necessarily support it but they don't hate it. When get a new trick I'll tell them and they say good for you and congratulate ne or whatever but that's about it. My dad is chill about it and is more into it than my mom. Mom will get passed when I ask her to take me to the skatepark. Dad was into mountain biking through growing up and thought box was stupid but accepted it when I started riding a lot more.

|

Phone # 925 353 6162
Bought from: hookjrclc, scramhype, tito24, howlerfbm, pavimo, bmxkitten, others
Traded with: Kroller, the Balt, trentydoo

1/10/2013 1:58 PM

My Mom always walks in when I'm watching Dew tour on T.V. and she just sits there like "oh shit mother of god Fuck he almost fell".

She somewhat supports it, she gives me money to get into the indoor park and something to drink/eat.

My Dad said he'd buy me tubes,tires or what ever if they pop or what not.

Oh and btw, my 'mom' and 'dad' aren't my parents, my real parents live in England and I live with my Grandparents (2 people mentioned in my post). I call them my parents because I've lived with them since I was 4 and I don't know any different.

|

1/10/2013 4:31 PM

Just show her that riding BMX isn't bad. Make some good friends you can be proud of, and I guarantee she will support it. Show her how it helps you and how much you love it.

|

1/10/2013 9:01 PM

Turtletime wrote:

Just show her that riding BMX isn't bad. Make some good friends you can be proud of, and I guarantee she will support it. Show her how it helps you and how much you love it.

^
+1
If your mum doesnt understand it then it is up to you to show her. Two of my children both have made life long friends from the skate park. One still rides and if they were to stop it would be like cutting their right leg off. You just have to talk to your mum and explain to her how you feel after going for a good session, dont get angry just have a good open hearted debate.

My wife was a little skeptical at first when they started riding but once she saw the benefits she has become just as big a supporter as I am.

P.S. They are my daughters.

|

1/11/2013 12:45 AM

Fondue wrote:

lol i hope youre not serious

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/11/2013 5:08 AM

All my friends ride.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844