Edited Date/Time: 11/5/2018 7:17 PM

What do you ride the most and why?

Which one?

View Results

|

11/5/2018 7:16 PM

I ride BMX.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/5/2018 9:12 PM

Park, love the feel of transition riding.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

11/5/2018 10:36 PM

Street, because skateparks are boring. I like finding stuff to ride rather than just have a bunch of ramps around me. But, I do like trying to ride things differently from how they're intended in skateparks.
And I don't have the balls for trails anymore.
And vert is even scarier.
And flatland is too hard.

|

11/5/2018 10:50 PM

Park and street. I ride dirt pump tracks sometimes but actual trails are scary.

|

11/5/2018 11:54 PM

Love street but at the moment I have so little free time that it's just WAY more convenient to ride at the park 10 minutes away from me rather than the street spots that are 20 minutes away

|

11/6/2018 12:38 AM

Street is my favorite but I rarely get to ride good places anymore cause no one ever wants to or can't. Just the whole element is so cool to me cause you're riding stuff not made for riding (inb4 moral fags "hurr but trespassing & property destruction" or something)

I like park too though, but only if there's a street section/plaza. I only like to dabble on box jumps, pyramids, bowls, quarters/vert walls, etc. just not as fun for me. Grinding a hubba/rail > airing a quarter or jumping a box.

Not a fan of riding trails at all though. I've jumped doubles and 360ed a table before... but I just really don't like riding them. not sure why, I just feel so uncomfortable on the take off cause it's dirt

|

11/6/2018 12:43 AM

Street. I'd ride a street plaza kind of park if there was one anywhere near but I feel lost trying to ride transitions and stuff like that. Plus I love finding spots

|

11/6/2018 1:02 AM

I want to say street but I actually ride 80% in parks. I just don't ride much of the typically parky stuff.

|

11/6/2018 3:11 AM

I enjoy riding everything. But I mostly ride park, just because it's much more convenient.

I would love to ride more trails, but the trails local to me are crap, and with trails being so seasonal I hardly ever get a chance to ride them.

Street is cool, I love finding different spots. But it just isn't as convenient, you've got to go out on missions to find the spots. I know this is part of the enjoyment, but as an actual adult with commitments it just isn't realistic.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

11/6/2018 3:27 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I enjoy riding everything. But I mostly ride park, just because it's much more convenient.

I would love to ride more trails, but the trails local to me are crap, and with trails being so seasonal I hardly ever get a chance to ride them.

Street is cool, I love finding different spots. But it just isn't as convenient, you've got to go out on missions to find the spots. I know this is part of the enjoyment, but as an actual adult with commitments it just isn't realistic.

That last paragraph sums it up perfectly. At the moment I'm only getting about 3 hours a week to ride (if that) and I don't wanna spend 2 of those hours travelling between/searching for spots when I could just go to a park and get a solid session in

|

11/6/2018 4:14 AM

I ride primarily street, but I'm also only 6 months into bmx, so my street riding is curbs, banks, and the occasional ledge. I enjoy riding park for the ease of grinding, but I'm garbage on quarters and bowls. I made a small kicker ramp last night so I hope to be able to learn more "air" type tricks. Right now, it's just footjams, hopping up and down things and tire rides for the most part.

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

11/6/2018 4:37 AM

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

I ride primarily street, but I'm also only 6 months into bmx, so my street riding is curbs, banks, and the occasional ledge. I enjoy riding park for the ease of grinding, but I'm garbage on quarters and bowls. I made a small kicker ramp last night so I hope to be able to learn more "air" type tricks. Right now, it's just footjams, hopping up and down things and tire rides for the most part.

Kerbs, banks, and the occasional ledge is literally all I need and I'm happy for hours!

|

11/6/2018 6:18 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Kerbs, banks, and the occasional ledge is literally all I need and I'm happy for hours!

This is the reason I don't find looking for spots too bad, I like riding stuff that can be found in so many places. Every once in a while I stumble upon something more epic and ride it, then I know where it is and have one more go-to spot in the bag.

|

11/6/2018 6:27 AM

freestyle bmx

|

fack off

11/6/2018 6:55 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Street is my favorite but I rarely get to ride good places anymore cause no one ever wants to or can't. Just the whole element is so cool to me cause you're riding stuff not made for riding (inb4 moral fags "hurr but trespassing & property destruction" or something)

I like park too though, but only if there's a street section/plaza. I only like to dabble on box jumps, pyramids, bowls, quarters/vert walls, etc. just not as fun for me. Grinding a hubba/rail > airing a quarter or jumping a box.

Not a fan of riding trails at all though. I've jumped doubles and 360ed a table before... but I just really don't like riding them. not sure why, I just feel so uncomfortable on the take off cause it's dirt

Dude, we gotta hook up next summer or something. We're only about an hour apart. I'm dying for a real street session. Riding around a city trying to find spots until we get kicked out. I miss that shit!

So, I grew up riding street. Being 15 minutes away from a major city made it an easy choice. My buddies and I also had a nice little spot in the woods behind an elementary school where we built dirt jumps. We had a set of doubles, a wall/tree ride and a dirt bowl. It was a nice little setup although I only hit the jumps a few times a year. I waited until everybody was done with the dirt and wanted to go ride the neighborhood.

Now at 35, I'm trying to learn how to ride ramps and parks. It's pretty fun and would probably be even better if I knew some tricks to do. Next year, I want to hit a few different parks around the way.

|

11/6/2018 9:01 AM

Street because its an adventure, although I have been riding parks more because I dont have time to ride around as much. Once the mail slows down a bit and I get more than 1 day off every 2 weeks Ill get to ride street more frequently.

|

11/6/2018 9:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2018 9:15 AM

56% saying street. I do wonder how many people have understood the question and answered it factually. The question isn't what do you prefer riding, it's what do you ride most?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I reckon the outcome would be slightly different.

Also interested to know, who rides trails the most? Very jealous.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

11/6/2018 10:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2018 10:27 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

56% saying street. I do wonder how many people have understood the question and answered it factually. The question isn't what do you prefer riding, it's what do you ride most?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I reckon the outcome would be slightly different.

Also interested to know, who rides trails the most? Very jealous.

Okay, since I'm at skateparks more now, I changed my vote.

Why? Because I don't have much of a choice.

|

11/6/2018 10:49 AM

I ride street the most, mostly because my time at the park is usually fairly limited and that's where I work things out. I ride street more because...well I live in one of the best cities for it and 90% of the fun is riding around searching for spots and setups that nobody else has seen or have just recently been constructed. There's a few brand new ledges down on the East River that I found a couple months ago and it was absolute heaven. No cops, no traffic, no security, nobody around but me and my bike. That's why I love street.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

11/6/2018 11:10 AM

Ride the homeless Sean burns style

|

11/6/2018 11:34 AM

i ride street because its right there(grew up racing, riding trails and street never had parks), going to a park is out of the way and more of an annoyance plus im terrified of quarter pipes/box jumps. i have one park thats 20 miles from me i actually enjoy since its just ledges rails and banks. but i can ride street with a 5-10 min drive rather than 30+ mins.

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

11/6/2018 12:07 PM

AaronMellien wrote:

What do you ride the most and why?

Everything because if you don’t your missing out on tons of fun. Plus, just because I also race say every 1-2 months. On my normal bike vs the carbon and TI guys and still win or top 3. And the bike control from racing is unquestionable top notch

|

11/6/2018 12:15 PM

All the above lol...im just happy being on two wheels. Don't limit yourself to just one type of riding. Have a go at it all. Race tracks are even fun when no one's there

|

11/6/2018 12:43 PM

I ride street more because of the variety. I mean variety could be had for park but just have to travel.

|

11/6/2018 1:44 PM

dead goon wrote:

Dude, we gotta hook up next summer or something. We're only about an hour apart. I'm dying for a real street session. Riding around a city trying to find spots until we get kicked out. I miss that shit!

So, I grew up riding street. Being 15 minutes away from a major city made it an easy choice. My buddies and I also had a nice little spot in the woods behind an elementary school where we built dirt jumps. We had a set of doubles, a wall/tree ride and a dirt bowl. It was a nice little setup although I only hit the jumps a few times a year. I waited until everybody was done with the dirt and wanted to go ride the neighborhood.

Now at 35, I'm trying to learn how to ride ramps and parks. It's pretty fun and would probably be even better if I knew some tricks to do. Next year, I want to hit a few different parks around the way.

I’m down, or even this Fall/Winter, I ride in all the seasons. I love Baltimore but getting people up here together to go down is somewhat of a challenge. I’ve been dying for a good street session too, I think next weekend we’re hitting DC spots at least finally. Place is loaded with spots too. Also I’ll definitely be hitting Charm up once it gets cold enough for that too so I’ll likely see you there at some point

|

11/6/2018 2:35 PM

I only ever used to ride street, occasionally plazas but i got burned out on it, so built up a trails / tranistion bike and now i ride everything.

|

Ride everything

11/6/2018 2:43 PM

I ride Street mostly, I'm progressing a lot and would like to go to more parks but there's not many by me, the ones that are close are full of skaters, so I have to throw on the plastics

|

11/6/2018 3:59 PM

Park for me. I have parks both near my work and my house so it's easy.

I enjoy street, but it's not as fun solo (vs running in to other regular riders or skaters at the park) also I live in a *really* hilly area so just going exploring is hard work.

I drive out to dirt jumps occasionally but it almost always ends in a crash...usually on an oppo hip, my nemesis. I want to practice jumps more though. I told myself I'd do some racing next year.

|

11/7/2018 5:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2018 5:50 AM

I prefer street and if I had more time to ride Street would be where you’d find me. But I ride park most often because I typically only get an hour or two session and I feel like I spend my time most productively when I’m at a park.

Anymore if I ride street, it’s toss my bike in the bed of the truck and drive around looking for spots, park truck ride spot, leave and repeat for a few hours. I miss the days I could cruise around the city all day long.

|