Park frames

Related:
Create New Tag

12/1/2013 7:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/1/2013 7:51 PM

Why does everyone seem to dislike "park" frames? I know the low standover is a bit weird for some , even calling them "scooter frames". I personally like them , and would ride a Total frame if they hold up on street. Do you automatically presume what someone riders , based on their frame? Would you ride one?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/1/2013 7:50 PM

low standover feels like shit.
No I dont presume what people ride I dont even look at peoples bikes when they ride by really.
No I wouldn't.

|

12/1/2013 8:04 PM

Everyone I've ever seen with a Total or Failure frame, was a park rat. Not saying everyone's like that though

|

12/1/2013 8:25 PM

Mankind justice frame is sick. But other than that ehh. I ride my seat midway and on a park frame if you did that it would be like slammed on a normal frame

|

12/1/2013 8:26 PM

Low standover is just more suitable for park riding, makes the bike easier to throw around. Its not for everyone tho.

just another bmx stereotype I guess to presume that if you ride that frame you must be a certain kind of rider.

I don't like the divide between riders these days, we all do the same thing, its stupid.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/2/2013 8:04 AM

I have rocked low frames, they feel squirrelly to me.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/2/2013 9:29 AM

I have no problem with people who ride them, and it's their choice, but:

IMO they look stupid.
To me it feels like there isn't really a bike there, as if I'm on top of the bike instead of 'in' the bike.
They are theoretically slightly weaker.
I'm 6' which isn't particularly tall, but I cannot sit comfortably on a Total Hangover Frame, even when I'm stopped and my feet are on the floor.
They only 'help' with one trick (Whips).
I really don't see how a 7" standover would make any difference for whips at all compared to an 8" high frame.
So many good riders have high standovers and high seats and have no problems with whips for example:
Drew Bezanson
Morgan Wade
Dean Cueson
Dennis Enarson
Stevie Churchill
Scotty Cranmer
and so on.
Joe Johnson was landing Double Whips and getting over triples I believe back in the early 90s when seats where super high.

Like I said I don't hate riders that ride them, but I really don't see the point, especially when they only benefit one trick. If you really want one get one.

|

12/2/2013 3:32 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Everyone I've ever seen with a Total or Failure frame, was a park rat. Not saying everyone's like that though

They aren't good for street apparently. Bummer

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short