Part change advise

Related:
Create New Tag

7/21/2017 1:28 PM

Hey guys, just bought the we the people zodiac 2017. Managed to find it very cheap at a bike shop near me! Literally half price! smile so fortunately not only have I got a great bike for the budget but a little left over to upgrade, I would like to shift a bit of weight and also a recommendation for a set of pegs. Like I previously mentioned been off the seen for a while so catching up but slowly ha! Thanks everyone :D here a link yo specs! http://m.vitalbmx.com/product/guide/Complete-Bikes,6/WeThePeople/Zodiac,10571

|

7/21/2017 2:09 PM

Personally I wouldn't upgrade a thing. Don't fix it if it isn't broke haha. But seriously the bike is fine as is

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

7/21/2017 2:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2017 2:22 PM

GCBMX69 wrote:

Personally I wouldn't upgrade a thing. Don't fix it if it isn't broke haha. But seriously the bike is fine as is

Okay great! Do you know where the added weight is compared to other bikes? As I know the parts are better but still weighs a good kilogram more? Oh and the pegs? Any recommendations?

|

7/21/2017 2:31 PM

GCBMX69 wrote:

JoshHM wrote:

Okay great! Do you know where the added weight is compared to other bikes? As I know the parts are better but still weighs a ...more

hubgaurds, fat seat, . all the little things add weight. no big deal

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

7/21/2017 2:37 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

hubgaurds, fat seat, . all the little things add weight. no big deal

Ahh okay! I thought so! The reason I ask is just to gain the knowledge and know where to look as opposed to necessarily actually doing anything! Thanks a lot!

|

7/22/2017 9:09 PM

Get some 100 psi tires. Im not sure but most completes come with 60 psi tires.

|

7/22/2017 9:31 PM

Hub guards and pegs should be good. I'd also get a cassette, but that's just me. Looks like a nice bike though.

|

7/22/2017 11:10 PM

Hubguards and a guard sprocket are always nice if the bike doesn't have it included . Then a nice seat is good too .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/23/2017 9:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2017 9:33 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Hubguards and a guard sprocket are always nice if the bike doesn't have it included . Then a nice seat is good too .

Cheers guys! And funny enough I just bought a decent seat and some nice pegs! All's good! Will look at the tyre thing!! smile also comes with hub and sprocket guards smile just looked up and comes with 100 psi tyres so all is good!!! Cheers guys! Much appreciated!

|

7/23/2017 10:43 AM

That's a pretty nice bike man probably won't break anything for a while. I run a 2014 salt plus wheel which is so knocked out of true yet it still rolls smooth. Only thing I'd say to upgrade right now would be tires, but that's optional. I'd just wait until you wear out the back one and get a new set, give a broke friend the front tire.

Sadly, a lot of people lose interest in bmx before ever getting to the milestone of breaking parts on their first bike. So I'd let time tell you whether or not you should replace parts. I think you could ride that thing for a long long while before it requires any upgrading, however some high end individually picked parts will ALWAYS feel a little more solid. It shouldn't make a huge difference. As you go through parts you build preferences, but the reason you can't 360 will never be your frame's geometry, or the upsweep of your bars.

TLDR; just ride it

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/23/2017 1:48 PM

Spenlard wrote:

That's a pretty nice bike man probably won't break anything for a while. I run a 2014 salt plus wheel which is so knocked out ...more

Will do man! I did read it all ha! Gonna just have fun and then upgrade when I really need to other than what I've already bought! Switched the seat because it saved me almost half a kg which when I chuck the pegs in will just take it back to the original weight! Which is fine by me! So will do! I used to bmx for a few years about 8 years ago now so know I enjoy it but still want to keep spending down ha!

|

7/24/2017 4:45 AM

Don't look at the weight man just see how it feels. My bike is almost 29 lbs with 3 pegs, guards, brakes and a fat seat and it feels great. No need to lighten up

|

7/24/2017 12:47 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Don't look at the weight man just see how it feels. My bike is almost 29 lbs with 3 pegs, guards, brakes and a fat seat and it ...more

Yeah! Came today! Haven't ridden it yet! Gonna be sick!

|