Pathetic stuff you did as a beginner?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/5/2013 9:11 AM

What embarrassing things did you do when you started bmx?

I used to not put my anti-spin bolts in the dropouts, so the pegs were always bent and pressed against the frame haha

|

8/5/2013 9:32 AM

I put foam in the front of my shoe so foot jams didn't hurt lol

|

Street. Park.

8/5/2013 9:49 AM

I would disconnect people's straddle cables at the skatepark. It's still a fun prank once a month

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/5/2013 9:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2013 9:54 AM

i ran two rear pegs, then switched to 4 pegs even though i couldn't grind or do peg tricks.
now i run one rear peg for feebles

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

8/5/2013 10:03 AM

tomdon wrote:

I would disconnect people's straddle cables at the skatepark. It's still a fun prank once a month

I died laughing at this XD XD XD XD

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/5/2013 10:06 AM

tomdon wrote:

Real life lol

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

8/5/2013 10:06 AM

tomdon wrote:

i do this to my friend... its so funny to see his reaction when his brakes dont work

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

8/5/2013 10:32 AM

crazyclark wrote:

i ran two rear pegs, then switched to 4 pegs even though i couldn't grind or do peg tricks.
now i run one rear peg for feebles ...more

i was worse, i rode 4 pegs and a gyro, and i could not even grind or bar, i could not even manual for the longest time

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

8/5/2013 10:34 AM

asked about stuff more than i actually rode around.... that's the worst

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

8/5/2013 10:36 AM

Put my pedals on on the opposite side and and stripped the cranks threads clean out. They were shit anyways.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

8/5/2013 10:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2013 10:52 AM

When I first got metal pedals, I went up a roll-in to hit a box jump and when I tried to get off my feet stuck and I just slid down the ramp on my face.

Spent like $70 on a gyro setup and couldn't figure it out so I got rid of it. All I needed was $3 for a longer straddle cable (The one that came with the brakes couldn't go around the seat tube)

|

8/5/2013 10:54 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

When I first got metal pedals, I went up a roll-in to hit a box jump and when I tried to get off my feet stuck and I just slid ...more

lol.... bmx, your doing it wrong

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

8/5/2013 11:08 AM

I rode a Mirraco...thats embarrassing enough.

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/5/2013 11:14 AM

realityisajoke wrote:

SickDude rides a mirraco I think

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/5/2013 11:40 AM

realityisajoke wrote:

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

hahaha poor guy...seriously.... he has my sympathy.

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/5/2013 11:49 AM

i always walked my bike up the smallest of hills rather than just powering up them. also took me a really long time to hop up a curb

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

8/5/2013 11:52 AM

hmuifulikefriedchicken wrote:

i always walked my bike up the smallest of hills rather than just powering up them. also took me a really long time to hop up ...more

Same. And I'd ride my tires at max PSI all the time cause some people did it and thought it made rolling faster and whatnot. Then I took it too far one day and if you've ever seen the video where I took the aftermath of my still new FAF tire, then yeah, you know what I mean.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/5/2013 11:55 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Put my pedals on on the opposite side and and stripped the cranks threads clean out. They were shit anyways.

I did this. I switched my cranks around cause my sprocket bolt got seized in the cranks so I drilled it out & flipped my cranks around. They were those aluminum Odyssey phat black widow cranks for anyone interested haha. So I flipped them around to put my sprocket on and I have no clue how but I managed to thread my pedals in.. the left pedal was on the left side still but in the right crank arm, vice versa for the right pedal. Rode like that for awhile then my left pedal felt loose one day & I tightened it but nothing happened, so I super glued it -_____________-

didn't work & then I had my dad inspect the threads & he saw they were stripped. Not sure why the other arm's pedal boss never stripped though.

|

8/5/2013 11:57 AM

realityisajoke wrote:

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

realityisajoke wrote:

Watch his bike check... it looks not too shabby now... but yeah it's still a mirraco

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

8/5/2013 12:10 PM

I rode 4 pegs and couldn't grind.

|

8/5/2013 12:33 PM

I don't know whether this is pathetic or awesome lol. Me & my friends made a chopper out of my old mountain bike & some shitty BMX parts we had laying around from our first completes. It was pretty boss lolages.

This wasn't me but when i first started riding there was a kid at our skate park with the longest BMX i had ever seen. Poor fucker couldn't afford to replace anything & he could barely ride the thing! Sooooo... We took the bars off, spun the stem round backwards & then put the bars back on facing forwards.it was pretty damned cool.

Its a shame, when all this happened Digital Cameras cost the earth & phone cameras didn't even exist! I'd love to find the Chopper but the guy that had it last turned into the biggest douche on the face of the earth & i haven't spoken to him in about 10 years!

|

8/5/2013 12:36 PM

Went to the skatepark and sat on my bike. Hate seeing people do this now.

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

8/5/2013 12:40 PM

I did all kinds of odd things. But it has been so long most don't really stand out.

I think the worst a buddy of mine did was rattlecan his WHOLE bike (tires, seat grips and all) a gross pine green. It was chrome.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/5/2013 12:46 PM

this thread is gold lets keep it alive

My first real bike was a kink gap (still running frame cranks and wheels) and so I only looked at Kink parts, and my frame is/was blue. At the time, darryl tocco was running a blue version of his signature frame. (Btw i also only watched kink videos) so I thought i had the same frame as darryl tocco, when in reality i was/am riding a half chromoly stock frame

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

8/5/2013 12:51 PM

I asked a bunch of questions. I also told the guys at the park i was better at street and the street guys i was better at park

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

8/5/2013 12:53 PM

I had my forks on backwards because it made my bike feel twitchier, which I thought would help with 180's. I also used to tighten the side bolts on my stem first, then the compression cap, and had no idea why the front end was so loose.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/5/2013 1:50 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

realityisajoke wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

Watch his bike check... it looks not too shabby now... but yeah it's still a mirraco

I got two mirraco frames.. Nigel Sylvester rode for mirraco.. Dave Mirra's Freestyle BMX is still a great game.. c'mon, fellas!! lol

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

8/5/2013 2:45 PM

My friend is rocking a Mirraco Chocolate. OK its not the highest quality Frame. Uncapped Wishbone, the Head Tube is drilled for Gyro Tabs then it has filler covering them up because the Frame is Brakeless. He likes it though, seems to ride quite well. I'm just waiting for it to fail miserably so i can convince him to get a BSD Forever, It has the same Geo, its just a shit load better!!

|

8/5/2013 2:52 PM

^i love the soundtrack to that game.

I still ask people a lot of questions sad I also ask the better riders to teach me shit on a daily basis.

I am such a noob i didnt even know that was unacceptable.

|

8/5/2013 2:52 PM

My tires on my bike never stayed over 10 psi.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.