Pedal Help

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2011 6:19 PM

I have some pretty new eclat plaza pc pedals, and they wont stay tight on the spindle. Does anyone know how I can keep them tight? I tried using a lock washer, but it didnt work. Maybe I should try loctite?

|

4/10/2011 6:23 PM

is it coming loose from the crank arm or is the actual pedal spindle coming loose and making the pedal body wiggle?

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

4/10/2011 8:49 PM

the pedal comes loose from the spindle and wiggles

|

4/10/2011 8:57 PM

if its unsealed bearings u have to take out the first nut, there another one under it that u need to tighten up. tighten it then put the other nut back on. that nut holds the other one in place. if its sealed bearings then one thing u gotta know is the outside where u can put an allen wrench isnt to tighten the pedal. its just a dust cover. u have to take that off and tighten the nut on the inside

|

cocain is a hell of a drug
reppin the RATCHET!

4/11/2011 4:24 AM

Just use locktight or whatever it's called. The pedal is loose from the spindle but tightening it on the crank will fix it.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

4/11/2011 4:56 AM

locktite but let it sit for a couple hours before you ride, so before you go to bed apply, sleep, ride.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

4/11/2011 10:27 AM

do all of the above and make sure that ur left pedal is in the left crank arm and right is in the right arm...

|

4/11/2011 11:42 AM

idk if its the same, but on twisted pcs, you have to take off the dust cover, take off the first nut, and then tighten up the one in the inside. then put some locktite on the threads and put the first nut back on. lastly put the dust cover back on.

there you go, thats what i had to do to mine

|