Pedal threads are fucked.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/30/2013 6:06 PM

so i have these salt cranks i want to see if i can fix because on one pedal threads are really messed up when i try to put a pedal on that side it goes on but it doesn't end up straight. wondering if there is anything i can do to fix it like re-thread the pedal boss or whatever you want to call it, what would i need to fix it. :/

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

7/30/2013 6:28 PM

You could try to re tap it but that probably wont work unless the threads are just a little messy.
You could always have a shop put a helicoil in there.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

7/30/2013 6:49 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

You could try to re tap it but that probably wont work unless the threads are just a little messy.
You could always have a ...more

Idk i put a pedal on but the pedal looks kinda crooked.

|

7/30/2013 6:58 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

You can try to put the pedal on from the back side of the crank arm. Idk if it will even start, but sometimes you can straighten out jacked threads by going in from the opposite way, in a pinch.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/30/2013 7:09 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

You can try to put the pedal on from the back side of the crank arm. Idk if it will even start, but sometimes you can ...more

I think it would word but the pedal threads don't go far enough the threads are kinda messy in the middle.

|

7/30/2013 8:45 PM

if you have access to a lathe or a milling machine you can rethread the whole thing if you don't try getting someone to put a helicoil in for you. other than that the easy way would be to ride it till you can pick up some new cranks or buy a new crank arm

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

7/30/2013 8:48 PM

this happened to my friend. we just screwed it in as far as it would go and left it xD

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

7/30/2013 8:50 PM

good work. when i was 10 i tore the threads off on my 1PC cranks and ended up using a plasma cutter (Didn't have access to a welder) and bonded the pedal and the crank together

|

The first breath is the beginning of death