Pedals stuck..

Related:
Create New Tag

11/7/2013 11:36 PM

Ok so I've tried to put wd40 in it and everything... Me and friends have tryed are hardest to get it off, but the fucker just won't come off... What can I do without damaging the crank? The pedals very stuck.. The other pedal came off no problems...

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/7/2013 11:52 PM

left side is reverse threaded, try going the other way

|

11/8/2013 1:14 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I know.. I've tryed both ways

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/8/2013 5:32 AM

Did you try putting the wrench on it and giving it a firm crack with a hammer? Usually loosens it up.

|

11/8/2013 6:43 AM

BNC wrote:

Did you try putting the wrench on it and giving it a firm crack with a hammer? Usually loosens it up.

Use a rubber mallet......

|

11/8/2013 8:01 AM

BNC wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Use a rubber mallet......

A hammer would be better in this situation.

Although that didn't work for me once, so I had to use a ~4ft pipe on the end of a spanner to get enough leverage. I ended up breaking 3 spanners trying to get it off, but it worked.

Moral of the story is grease your Pedals every time you put them on.

|

11/8/2013 8:24 AM

Leave it and it'll be better for pedal grinds

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/8/2013 8:33 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Leave it and it'll be better for pedal grinds

I got to get it powder coated.... Then what happens when the pedal wears out?

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/8/2013 10:01 AM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Ah just checking, sometimes people don't realize that & spend forever trying to get it off that way. But try spraying WD40 in through the back of the pedal boss of the crank so it makes its way to the threads, then try again in a little while

|

11/8/2013 10:14 AM

try putting the wrench against the ground and stand on the crank arm make sure you go the right way

|

BikeCheck Refs:

BEASTASSDICKwink,Flocka Myers, ecuadevil,White Knight, bmxing12 ,obiwan chromoly,ScramHype, Hatebreeder,SnM An1mal,isnowyaznV2

11/8/2013 12:20 PM

Buy new cranks.

|

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

11/8/2013 4:34 PM

Materials needed:
Wrench that fits pedal
3-4ft pipe that fits over wrench

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/8/2013 4:38 PM

As noted. WD-40 that bitch, spray that shit everywhere and it WILL come loose.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/8/2013 10:03 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Ah just checking, sometimes people don't realize that & spend forever trying to get it off that way. But try spraying WD40 ...more

That's what I did... When I put in the wd40 the first time... It still didn't come off...

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/8/2013 10:33 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

That's what I did... When I put in the wd40 the first time... It still didn't come off...

Crank that bitch TO THE MAX in the right direction. I tightened mine for a few months before I realized it was reverse-threaded and forgot. -______-

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

11/8/2013 10:56 PM

You've probably stripped the crank thread. That happened to me when I was noob. The only fix is to buy new cranks and pedals.

|

11/8/2013 11:03 PM

brianoob wrote:

You've probably stripped the crank thread. That happened to me when I was noob. The only fix is to buy new cranks and pedals.

I'm getting those pedals off... Ok end of story... I could go out and buy new cranks but you know what I don't feel like it... I'm not going to be defeated by a pedal and crank... I am no bitch... I'm not Ganna give up... Those pedals will come out... I don't care if I have to use 4 m80/s and blow up my crank..

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/8/2013 11:24 PM

brianoob wrote:

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

I'm getting those pedals off... Ok end of story... I could go out and buy new cranks but you know what I don't feel like it... ...more

Well if you do end up somehow getting them off the thread is still stripped so you won't be able to put another pedal on unless you helicoil it.

|

11/10/2013 7:38 PM

Up or down? It's the left crank arm...
Photo

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/10/2013 7:48 PM

if you're positive that's the left arm, put the wrench on the other way so it's parallel with the crank arm if you're looking at it from above, and just step on it and it should come loose since that side is righty loosey

|

11/10/2013 7:59 PM

I can't the bolts at a wird angle so I cent step on it....

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/10/2013 8:27 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

if you're positive that's the left arm, put the wrench on the other way so it's parallel with the crank arm if you're looking ...more

I tryed to crank the fuck out of it and nothing..... I'm just Ganna take it to my lbs

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/10/2013 8:39 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

I tryed to crank the fuck out of it and nothing..... I'm just Ganna take it to my lbs

yeah that's your best bet, if you have a table vice or something you could try clamping it in that and going at it

|

11/11/2013 10:55 AM

what I do is put a pretty heavy duty wrench on it then position it so it will stay then slam it with a 2x4

|

11/11/2013 11:39 AM

First, is your crank still attached to your bike? if not, put your cranks back on your bike cuz doing it without is way harder. Second, try pb blaster. sometimes when wd40 doesnt work i use that stuff

|

11/11/2013 1:24 PM

When it's like that on the crank stomp on it

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

11/11/2013 2:25 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

I'm getting those pedals off... Ok end of story... I could go out and buy new cranks but you know what I don't feel like it... ...more

Funny, seems the exact opposite is happening.

|

11/11/2013 7:07 PM

get a torch lighter and heat that mother fucker up and ttake that pedal off

|

11/11/2013 9:21 PM

I got it off I went to the bike shop and used their long ass wrench and the vice.. It was a battle but I won

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/11/2013 9:22 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

if you're positive that's the left arm, put the wrench on the other way so it's parallel with the crank arm if you're looking ...more

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

yeah that's your best bet, if you have a table vice or something you could try clamping it in that and going at it

We'll anyways thanks Sunday for all the help

|

Bang Bang bmx