Pedals, what is your favorite and a question about what's out there.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/13/2020 9:07 AM

I did a search and learned a little. Most threads were a couple of years old though. Year and a half... So I figured why not ask.

I have the Twisted PC that came on my Easter, I think and I also have some Shadow ones. I actually forget the name of them but they're pretty thin and I like them. However I think I liked them better with my winter shoes and now that I'm riding my vans more I went back to the Odyssey.

But for me I feel like I want something flatter. And not super thin like the Shadow ones. Thicker but flatter. At least I think. The Twisted PC seem like they have a pretty aggressive concave shape.

Now I saw pictures of the Twisted PC pros and they seem to look flatter with less of a concave to them. Is that true?

I also like the look of the Cult DAK's and might want to try some of them. They look only slightly concave.

But yeah, I don't feel like the Twisted PC's are ideal.

What say you all? I know there is one guy on here that says to buy MTB pedals but I forget what kind. Honestly I'd rather buy cheaper plastic ones cuz I don't have a lot of extra money. But it sounds like metal is grippier. I'm not sure grippier is necessarily what I'm looking for over the fact that I think I would just prefer a flatter profile.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

4/13/2020 9:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2020 9:11 AM

Metal all the way! My friends always go through plastic pedals in about 6 months, and I’ve been running the same metal pedals for nearly 4 years. Stolen throttle sealed pedals. Worth every penny! They’re pretty flat and have a perfect sized platform, spin smoothly and the pins have never failed me.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

4/13/2020 9:17 AM

Odyssey triple traps...

You're welcome 😃

Unrelated note...
(You asked a while ago about any music recording I might have, my first recording ever since the internet, is posted on the corona BMX thread)

|

4/13/2020 11:56 AM

The options for pedals does indeed open up when looking at MTB stuff, I’m about to pull the trigger on some Crank Brothers pedals.

Other than that, maybe Odyssey Grandstands, BSD Safari, or Dakota Roche comes to mind.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

4/13/2020 12:26 PM

Yeah the Cult Dakota Roche's is what I meant with the DAK's. They seem pretty flat and a good width.... I'm gonna look at them again...

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

4/13/2020 12:37 PM

twisted pros have concave. they are nice.

|

4/13/2020 12:46 PM

I liked the BSD safaris for a long time then I tried the WTP Logic pedals. I really dig them. The body is a little longer and the square pins really grip....

I went back to BSDs I had for my new build because I wanted black pedals, and I am just not that comfortable on them anymore. I am now waiting for my shop to get me a set of the black logics..

|

4/13/2020 1:52 PM

Twisted PC Pros for me and I love them. Nice and big platform and the perfect amount of concave. Super grippy too...especially with my new Sk8-Hi Pro BMX's or any Vans really.

|

4/13/2020 4:03 PM

Premium slim metal have had the same pair for almost ten years. Cant stand the feeling of plastic pedals I need the grip from the metal pins and the durability.

|

I believe in hub guard protection

4/13/2020 4:36 PM

On my 3rd pair of fly metal Ruben’s. Also rode premium slim metals for a while and had snafus shortly.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/13/2020 5:22 PM

liking my odyssey grandstands for plastic

crupi are my favorites for metal but I don't wanna mess them up on my bmx bike.

I wanna try s&m metal pedals or snafu anorexic ones next. Looking for something light with replaceable pins.

|

4/13/2020 10:01 PM

AK's smile especially if you like em THICC!

|

4/13/2020 11:22 PM

Colony Fantastic plastic pedals, light and cheap

|

4/14/2020 7:36 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

AK's smile especially if you like em THICC!

It's funny, I went back and looked and I think the other pair they sell, I think their called Nylon's I think I liked those better looks wise. They look flatter to me. Although Dakota's don't look too concave either.

|

4/14/2020 10:13 AM

Magnesium Josh Stricker Primo Tenderizers

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

a08's Street Build

a08's Ohio Standard - STOLEN - REWARD IF FOUND

WTB: Odyssey GTXR Detangler in black (the one with the knarps), Chrome GSport Birdcage Rims, Black profile elite front hub, 25T Profile Blackjack sprocket, Odyssey Highway/Superhighway bars 9.5" in chrome.

4/14/2020 10:23 AM

I ride the S&M GNS, (Grip n Slide) pedals. They are light and tough.

|

4/14/2020 11:59 PM

Animal Hamilton plastic pedals ...

|

4/15/2020 1:45 AM

I run metal mtb pedals. Currently I’m riding the xpedo spry pedals. Hollow chromoly axle and magnesium body. Both pedals weigh less than one plastic premium slim pedal I was riding. I do have some crankbrothers Stamp 11 pedals I havent put on yet. Those are a titanium spindle, titanium pins and a magnesium body.

|

4/15/2020 8:24 AM

Mulletsnax wrote:

I run metal mtb pedals. Currently I’m riding the xpedo spry pedals. Hollow chromoly axle and magnesium body. Both pedals weigh less than one plastic premium slim pedal I was riding. I do have some crankbrothers Stamp 11 pedals I havent put on yet. Those are a titanium spindle, titanium pins and a magnesium body.

I like that you know all the lightweight stuff. Is valuable info. However your budget is a lot bigger than mine for bikes. My guess is neither of those are cheap eh? I do like the IDEA of keeping it light though. smile

|

4/15/2020 10:23 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Odyssey triple traps...

You're welcome 😃

Unrelated note...
(You asked a while ago about any music recording I might have, my first recording ever since the internet, is posted on the corona BMX thread)

Triple Traps? More like Triple the shin scars!
All joking aside, personally my favorite pedals are the Twisted PC's but the Pros seem to fit the description you have a bit better. However if you're going thin and wide then the S&M GNS pedals seem like a great fit, or maybe the Primo tenderizors or whatever they're called?

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/15/2020 10:59 AM

Yeah the pros look less concave in the pics. I might just have to try them. I've been riding the normal pc's last few days and they're not bad though... But they seem extra concave and I feel like that doesn't work for me as well as flat.

|

4/16/2020 7:03 PM

Currently running the demolition Alloy pedals, but my favourite of all time are Fly Rubens. Even the plastic ones feel good, but their platform is noticeably narrower. I’ve been running these Demolition pedals since early 2017, as well. So the up front cost is there, but the longevity more than justifies it IMO.

|

4/20/2020 6:39 PM

BigMeanPunk wrote:

I liked the BSD safaris for a long time then I tried the WTP Logic pedals. I really dig them. The body is a little longer and the square pins really grip....

I went back to BSDs I had for my new build because I wanted black pedals, and I am just not that comfortable on them anymore. I am now waiting for my shop to get me a set of the black logics..

Yeah unfortunately while the BSD pedals (tried Safari and now Jonesin) are not bad, they don't really grip very well.

Bigger pins needed, revising the slippery embossed BSD logo in the middle would also help. The opposite side with the Jonesin logo is notably better for grip.

|

4/21/2020 6:31 AM

I have never once felt a difference between plastic pedals. They just grip badly depending on how worn they are.

But I ride rattly S&M 101s so I don't really care what I ride if it grips well (by virtue of being metal).

|

4/21/2020 6:53 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

I have never once felt a difference between plastic pedals. They just grip badly depending on how worn they are.

But I ride rattly S&M 101s so I don't really care what I ride if it grips well (by virtue of being metal).

I think Shoes > Pedals when it comes to grip. assuming of course there are pins on the pedals.

when i lose grip, i generally feel its time for new shoes.

|

4/21/2020 8:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2020 8:44 AM

A08 wrote:

Magnesium Josh Stricker Primo Tenderizers

I just picked up a set of magnesium stricker pedals and a set of regular alloy tenderizers , you can really feel the difference in weight in materials , I’ve snapped plastic ,magnesium , and metal pedals in the past , a nice thick alloy pedal I find is most trustworthy , I have been running alloy fit macs most recently and before that I snapped a set of snafu anorexia pedals , the snafu anorexia pedals are actually mountain bike pedals , learned the hard way not to run mountain bike style pedals , they are designed for mountain bikes which have a shock to absorb allot of the landing impact which is why they are so slim and light and also why mountain bikers can get away with carbon cranks , snapped the spindle on those anorexias on a backflip and almost broke my ankle

|

4/21/2020 11:48 AM

I have Odyssey Jim Clinski pedals on both my BMXs. My main bike has the PC version that uses metal pins. My Metal Dagger is a mid school beast with original magnesium JC pedals. I only ride with metal pins, straight plastic always slip on me.

|

4/21/2020 1:45 PM

Animal Rat Traps

|

4/21/2020 3:17 PM

Metal pedals, always!
It can be aluminium or magnesium (my choice), and from the millions of choices of plastic pedals, there are probably one or two that I kinda like, but that's it. Metal pedals forever!
Leave the plastic for the pegs. Now that was a great idea! Steel pegs are hardcore, but in this case I'm gonna be a weight weenie and go with the aluminium/plastic ones haha!

|

4/21/2020 5:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2020 5:36 PM

I use both One Up composite pedals and Canfield Crampons Ultimate. I like a large slim pedal and these check both those boxes. Slim pedals keep your feet closer to the axle for a much better feel imo.

|