Pedals with big platform

Related:
Create New Tag

1/29/2017 6:31 AM

I always rode the ody twisted pc and i really like it how strong it is never broke one and i do pedal grinds too but i feel like i need to move on to something else what has bigger platform but same strenght. I usually put extra screws in it so its more sticky so built in screws also a good option but its cost so much more then some 0.50$ or even less for screws. What would you recommend? How can i tight my pedals so it wont spin that much? I tried to overtight on the twisted pc but it didnt work out

|

1/29/2017 8:23 AM

grandstands

|

1/29/2017 9:01 AM

Duo Resilite

|

1/29/2017 10:02 AM

I wore down to the bearings in a day doing pedal slides on odyssey twisted pedals. And cracked a duo resilite on the first day of riding them.

Demolition trooper are good plastic pedals. But the longest lasting I've had so far are fbm nice. The platform isn't particularly big, and they kind of dig into your feet a bit though

|

1/29/2017 10:26 AM

tiho wrote:

grandstands

This, the odyssey grandstands have a big platform. Hence the name.

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

1/30/2017 12:47 AM

The eclat AK pedals are super wide, and they don't spin much because there's no bearing in them, and the pedal bodies are left/right switchables which is cool if you grind more one side, but these are expensive.

A lot cheaper, I love the BSD pedals, because these are decently wide and have a lot of pins.

|

1/30/2017 5:33 AM

I heard the eclat plazas are pretty big. I love odyssey twisteds though. They feel perfect to me.

|

1/31/2017 7:01 AM

Odyssey Grandstands

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."

1/31/2017 7:12 AM

My vote, Eclat AK! Best pedals ever

|

1/31/2017 3:53 PM

I'm not really a fan of odyssey but the one thing they do that I have that I love are the grandstand pedals

|

1/31/2017 8:47 PM

Had Grandstands thinking they'd be awesome but they weren't anything special and made my feet sore after a while . I'm know for recommending stuff other than odyssey but this isn't a biased review , I just wasn't too happy for a 30$ plastic pedal when a 20$ one ( Was riding a Fit Mac before and they're amazing ) was better . They are slightly bigger though .

Odyssey Twisted pedals are my favourite pedal by far too , but they are small . They're currently updating it to have a bigger platform and you can count on me getting them ASAP , my first year or two biking that's all I rode .

Éclat AK pedals are like 90$ here FUCK paying that much , id love to try them though.

I was running Merritt PC pedals and those are by far the best pedals I've ridden lately. I ended up selling them new ( 2nd pair ) and I regret it . Also I run Éclat contra pedals currently with metal pins on one side , and much prefer the Merritt ones .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/1/2017 2:03 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Had Grandstands thinking they'd be awesome but they weren't anything special and made my feet sore after a while . I'm know for recommending stuff other than odyssey but this isn't a biased review , I just wasn't too happy for a 30$ plastic pedal when a 20$ one ( Was riding a Fit Mac before and they're amazing ) was better . They are slightly bigger though .

Odyssey Twisted pedals are my favourite pedal by far too , but they are small . They're currently updating it to have a bigger platform and you can count on me getting them ASAP , my first year or two biking that's all I rode .

Éclat AK pedals are like 90$ here FUCK paying that much , id love to try them though.

I was running Merritt PC pedals and those are by far the best pedals I've ridden lately. I ended up selling them new ( 2nd pair ) and I regret it . Also I run Éclat contra pedals currently with metal pins on one side , and much prefer the Merritt ones .

Ye i heard about the bigger platform twisted but probably ages till its available. Same on the ak thats a whole lot of money for a pedal (have the seem feeling withthe shadow interlock supreme chain) why you dont like the contras? I was thinking to get them i liked the extra pins already added

|

2/1/2017 5:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2017 5:47 AM

Remember. The AK pedal has a lifetime warranty on the spindle, the bodies are replaceable, the pins are replaceable, and there's no bearings, it's a bushing design so all that space where a bearing would sit is what allowed them to make the spindle so big hence the lifetime warranty of bending or breaking the spindle. And the bodies are the same so you can swap left to right and right to left. Worth every penny to me! Beast pedals

|

2/21/2021 2:21 PM

seanthemechanic wrote:

Remember. The AK pedal has a lifetime warranty on the spindle, the bodies are replaceable, the pins are replaceable, and there's no bearings, it's a bushing design so all that space where a bearing would sit is what allowed them to make the spindle so big hence the lifetime warranty of bending or breaking the spindle. And the bodies are the same so you can swap left to right and right to left. Worth every penny to me! Beast pedals

Do you still feel this way today? I'm about to grab a set.

|

2/21/2021 2:29 PM

I like turbos but they are a bitch if you need to get them out (even using grease)

|

2/21/2021 2:37 PM

I've been thinking about these...

Photo

Oh and this...

Photo

|

2/21/2021 3:13 PM

Primo turbos

|

2/22/2021 12:12 AM

Just no no no

|

2/22/2021 4:45 AM

Since this was dug up but there are some more current responses, I will add that brands should start posting the size of the platform consistently. JUST the pedal body size.

I have been looking to replace my Grandstands, and want to go alloy (probably just going to get the Alloy Grandstands) but I have noticed no brands really list the size of the pedal body.

They should.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/22/2021 7:23 AM

Shadow makes some nice big ones. https://www.albes.com/collections/bmx-pedals/products/shadow-surface-pedal
Also Stolen bikes used to make some that were quite nice to. Dont know if they still make them though. Nevermind. Here they are https://www.albes.com/collections/bmx-pedals/products/stolen-thermalite-bmx-pedals

|

Husky Nation Member

2/22/2021 4:23 PM

I’d rather be able to ride my bike after I get a shinner

|

smile

2/22/2021 4:28 PM

Get Hutch pedals with Urchin cages. Best setup ever.

|

2/22/2021 4:40 PM

oldstreetthrasher wrote:

Get Hutch pedals with Urchin cages. Best setup ever.

My triple traps ain't got nothing on those lethal mofos...

|

2/23/2021 1:12 AM

Just ride a plank with screws and bearings in it best solution

|

2/23/2021 2:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2021 2:23 PM

Big platforms: animal rat trap, federal command, haro sd

|