Pedals with oversized spindles

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2018 10:04 AM

Which ones are the best or your favorite and why?
Also which ones are most affordable?
Been looking into the pedals for a while since I snap the ends off 2 regular spindles a year..always the right one.

|

2/1/2018 10:12 AM

NateBrown62 wrote:

Been looking into the pedals for a ...more

Grandstands wink

|

2/1/2018 10:19 AM

JCPCs! smile

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/1/2018 12:14 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

Been looking into the pedals for a ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

Grandstands wink

I did not know the grandstands had an oversized spindle

|

2/1/2018 12:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2018 12:18 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

I did not know the grandstands had an oversized spindle

It's pretty thick; they use bushings instead of ball bearings to keep the pedal thickness down while allowing for a thick axle.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/1/2018 12:20 PM

It say 14mm axle on the site but this doesn't look very OSPhoto

|

2/1/2018 12:26 PM

I've heard nothing but terrible things about grand stand pedals.

I highly recommend JC PC's or Eclat Contra pedals.
Not sure if the spindle is over sized on the Contras but that is what i've been running the last five months and i haven't bent the spindle yet.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/1/2018 1:01 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

Huh, I remembered them being thicker? Oh, well.

I'd highly recommend the JCPCs. Only set of pedals I've had long enough to wear out(2 years); every other set of pedals I've had have snapped in under 3 months due to crankarm/pedal grinds and landing to flat.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

2/1/2018 6:23 PM

yeah, I've been abusing my jcpc's for almost 10 years now. all other pedals last me 6 to 18mo

I want some TI jcpc spindles, they might hold up

|

wallride a bus everyday

2/1/2018 6:33 PM

buttmeate wrote:

yeah, I've been abusing my jcpc's for almost 10 years now. all other pedals last me 6 to 18mo

I want some TI jcpc spindles, ...more

Didn't BlueSix or someone do Ti spindles for them?

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

2/1/2018 7:14 PM

Grandstand pedals weren’t even that great . Get Deity pedals , slim and strong

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/1/2018 7:18 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

Youre right...I thought they were a lot thicker than that...

Either way, i like the price and large platform.

Thats a bit disappointing though, Ill admit.

|

2/1/2018 7:56 PM

Anyone ran kink or eclat pedals with os spindle? I think the AK pedals have them idk what the kink ones are

|

2/2/2018 1:47 AM

What constitutes an oversized pedal spindle?

|

@coupd_tat

2/2/2018 1:56 AM

How do people feel about mtb flat pedal like RaceFace or Crank Brothers?

|

2/2/2018 3:49 AM

Really any spindle that is substantially thicker than a normal one

|

2/2/2018 4:06 AM

NateBrown62 wrote:

He does have a point, how thick is a "normal" spindle? It's equivalent to asking "how long is a piece of string?" or "how deep is a hole?".

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

2/2/2018 5:10 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

I've heard nothing but terrible things about grand stand pedals.

I highly recommend JC PC's or Eclat Contra pedals.
Not ...more

Mine are over a year old AND I was at my heaviest weight of 273 lbs with the PC ones. Still going strong.

I love em. The wider platform is super comfy for those with wider/larger feet. I want to try the Twisted Pros since I had those before they were awesome too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/2/2018 5:27 AM

NateBrown62 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

He does have a point, how thick is a "normal" spindle? It's equivalent to asking "how long is a piece of string?" or "how deep ...more

Photo
One is from an eastern pedal one is from a stolen thermalite and one is from a pedal off of a hyper bike from Wal-Mart
Can you tell them apart
I will tell you that the middle is the stolen pedal and I really like those but they always break in that same spot because the threaded part is tiny

|

2/2/2018 7:03 AM

NateBrown62 wrote: Photo
One is from an eastern pedal one is from a stolen thermalite and one is from a pedal off of a hyper bike from Wal-Mart
Can ...more

Again, I'll recommend the JCPCs. The spindle is pretty thick at the end and has no threaded section for a preload nut. They're held together and adjusted by the pins in the pedal body.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

2/2/2018 7:04 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

He does have a point, how thick is a "normal" spindle? It's equivalent to asking "how long is a piece of string?" or "how deep ...more

NateBrown62 wrote: Photo
Can ...more
p1p1092 wrote:

Again, I'll recommend the JCPCs. The spindle is pretty thick at the end and has no threaded section for a preload nut. They're ...more

I might have to give them a shot

|

2/2/2018 7:10 AM

I'm loving my new BSD safari pedals. They feel great and I haven't had a single slip on them. They spin well and feel really solid.

|

2/2/2018 9:07 AM

NateBrown62 wrote:

It's important to remember that all the stress is going to the far left of the spindle. It's thickest point is quite a bit thicker than your average pedal, then it thins out as it goes further out as you don't need much material there.

|

2/2/2018 9:58 AM

NateBrown62 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

It's important to remember that all the stress is going to the far left of the spindle. It's thickest point is quite a bit ...more

Most the down force goes to the inside but doing any spin trick you will put a lot of outward force on the pedals eventually stretching the thin part on the end. I'm lucky that the first time it happened I didn't eat shit..just did a 180 over a pyramid and came back around to do something else and when I turned the pedal just slid right off the axle

|

2/2/2018 10:06 AM

These are ones I've found so far. Anyone know of any more?
Photo

Photo

Photo

|