Peg length

Related:
Create New Tag

12/20/2018 8:38 PM

I'm gonna get 4 Merritt gfe pegs when I build up my next bike so I was wondering what's the difference between 4.25 and 4.75 riding wise like what does it change while you are riding.

|

12/20/2018 8:40 PM

Those lengths are child’s play. Order some 12” pegs from Bulletpup. Steezy

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

12/20/2018 9:20 PM

Last year I went from 4" to 4.5" and I'll never go back to shorter pegs

pros:

-easier to lock into and stay in crooks. My crooks improved so much after getting longer pegs. I struggled crooking small down rails (not handrails) but now I can do them easily and have crooked a few handrails

-hard 180s are easier. I'm not sure of the mechanics behind it but I got better at hard 180s out too. that or I just magically got better at them

-more room to grind on, so if you're wobbling around on like a rail or something you'll have a tiny bit of extra room before slipping off

cons:

-paranoia of catching your pegs on the underside of a rail. I never thought about that until someone I'm friends with pointed it out, but if you're like me and usually ride parallel to whatever it is you're grinding you typically get pretty close to it when hopping onto it so you might clip your peg on the way up if you add that extra bit. I know I've chinked up a few times when hitting rails but luckily haven't fully clipped it yet. I try not to think about it because I know it's mostly a mental thing but still

-your socket might not fit it anymore. I know the Animal tool just BARELY reaches my female axle bolts anymore. so be cautious of that. no one wants to be on a road trip or something only to realize their old socket/extension no longer fits

|

12/20/2018 10:46 PM

*Obligatory 0" peg comment.*

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

12/21/2018 1:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2018 1:13 AM

I love my 4.8 venoms. They just feel really locked in.

|

12/21/2018 3:15 AM

Went from 4" to 4 .5" . I dig the extra "lock".

|

12/21/2018 4:56 AM

Here's the thing, the longer the peg, the smaller dick you have.. so if you're like me and Steve, you'll have the biggest peepeesmile

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

12/21/2018 5:49 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Here's the thing, the longer the peg, the smaller dick you have.. so if you're like me and Steve, you'll have the biggest peepeesmile

At least our pegs get some action.

|

12/21/2018 6:39 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Well you're gay so it doesn't really matter lmao.

|

12/21/2018 8:17 AM

^lmao y'alllaughing laughing

|

12/21/2018 8:52 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

AaronMellien wrote:

Well you're gay so it doesn't really matter lmao.

His bf likes a big willy

|

12/21/2018 9:55 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

His bf likes a big willy

Photo
|

12/21/2018 1:53 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

At least our pegs get some action.

Best thing I've read in a while? touché, my friend

|

12/21/2018 2:27 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Those lengths are child’s play. Order some 12” pegs from Bulletpup. Steezy

Lol thanks!

I run 4.75" pegs and they feel so much better. Once you get used to the little bit extra clearance you need when pedaling around you will enjoy the feeling of extra security with whatever grind you choose.

Only thing that I notice is I occasionally get caught on the undersides of lips and rails but I also never did rails when I ran 4" pegs so...maybe they arent that much different.

|

12/21/2018 2:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2018 2:28 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Lol I run 12" pegs so that must mean...

|

12/21/2018 2:43 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

You have an innie.

|

12/21/2018 7:00 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

jbales wrote:

You have an innie.

Lets just say if I were a roll of 50 cent coins, id be a baby carrot.

|

12/21/2018 7:33 PM

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

12/21/2018 7:35 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Go to bed.

|

12/21/2018 7:45 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

jbales wrote:

Go to bed.

I am in bed! laughing

You go to bed!

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson