Pegs and everything about them...

Related:
Create New Tag

7/27/2014 4:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2014 4:02 PM

So I'm about to start trying to learn how to grind, and I know that most people use the pegs on the same side as they have their front foot on.

But I've always been told to have the pegs on the side which feels more comfortable, so I have them on my right side with my rear foot. Sometimes my foot hits the rear peg and when I bunny hop I like to press my rear foot down a little and I'm worried that I'll land on my pedal when I try to jump up on my box...

Is it easy to learn to ride with the pegs on the other side or do I just have to suck it up and learn to bunny hop without pressing my pedal down?

|

7/27/2014 4:05 PM

its easier to learn on the side its easier on
most riders nowadays grind both sides so i wouldnt worry
i used to think that i was better on my fuck footed side until i tried a pegless feeble and found it was a lot easier
try both sides and figure out which is better

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/27/2014 4:35 PM

Try to ride parallel on a curb then hop to it.

Do it both sides..

See which side feels more natural hopping up.

That's the side where you put pegs.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

7/27/2014 5:15 PM

Grinds such as feebles and smiths and double pegs really aren't that hard on either side. Smiths are pretty difficult and awkward feeling, I guess but other than that, grinds aren't that hard.

If you're left foot forward, I'm assuming you have an RHD hub, therefore, you're taking a big risk when trying to learn grinds on the side that has your chain and your sprocket and driver.

I would at least give grinding on your left side a solid try before throwing your pegs on the right side and risk breaking your chain or bending/breaking something on your bike.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/27/2014 6:01 PM

i ride with pegs on my right side. i feel more comfortable like that. its all personal opinoin when it comes to that.

|

i ride to stay young

7/27/2014 6:16 PM

Stocksy wrote:

Grinds such as feebles and smiths and double pegs really aren't that hard on either side. Smiths are pretty difficult and awkward feeling, I guess but other than that, grinds aren't that hard.

If you're left foot forward, I'm assuming you have an RHD hub, therefore, you're taking a big risk when trying to learn grinds on the side that has your chain and your sprocket and driver.

I would at least give grinding on your left side a solid try before throwing your pegs on the right side and risk breaking your chain or bending/breaking something on your bike.

But if I get a hubguard like this one wouldn't that prevent me from fucking up my chain and hub, I have a 25t sprocket so i thinks it's really hard to hit the sprocket since my box is only 12.5 inches high.

|

7/27/2014 6:18 PM

Stocksy wrote:

WTP_Simon wrote:

But if I get a hubguard like this one wouldn't that prevent me from fucking up my chain and hub, I have a 25t sprocket so i thinks it's really hard to hit the sprocket since my box is only 12.5 inches high.

it can happen
especially once you start doing stuff on ledges and stuff
those help, but its only going to protect the driver and hub, not the chain

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/27/2014 6:28 PM

Get left side drive

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

7/27/2014 6:35 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

Get left side drive

i too, enjoy LSD on occasion

|

7/27/2014 10:16 PM

I naturally grind on my back foot. At the moment I have my drive side on the right and just use the s&m cymbol dsg and a odyssey mds and I rarely have any chain issues. Just buy a decent chain and you should be right.

The more you grind the easier it gets. Take runs at ledges and rails and grind on both sides.

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/28/2014 8:18 AM

If your back foot is hitting your peg, you might wanna go with shorter cranks or you can try pulling your wheel as far back in the dropouts as it will go to get a little more room..and if your jumping on ledges or rails on your back foot side, you better make sure you keep your foot above whatever your jumping on..I learned that the first time I jumped on that side!! lol..foot got stuck in between the ledge and my frame and ate shit!! Lol

|

7/28/2014 11:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2014 11:57 AM

So I'm about to buy some hub guards now, I'm thinking about a G-sport gland mk3 in the front cause they are cheap and I've heard good things about them, but I'm not really sure what I'm gonna get as the rear hub guard. I need a drive side hubguard so that limits my choices a lot.

I have a salt hub from 2009, not sure which model, but I'm thinking about buying the Primo DSG hub guard but if anyone has any better suggestions please do give them to me smile

|

7/28/2014 12:22 PM

Get a gland and an s&m cymbal or the dg drive side guard, the primo slips super bad

|

7/28/2014 1:34 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Get a gland and an s&m cymbal or the dg drive side guard, the primo slips super bad

The s&m cymbal looks great but I can't find it on any european site for a decent price. The shippings from USA are too expensive as I live in Sweden. Are you sure the Primo won't work as long as I have a well waxed metal coping on my grind box?

If you think it won't work, could someone help me find some nice chromoly drive side hub guard in europe?

|

7/28/2014 2:13 PM

I def wouldn't go with the primo dsg. I have one and it took a ton of modding to get it to fit without the chain rubbing and making noise..if you can get it, the kink dsg is way better..it's thinner where it slides behind the dropout and the open ended slot makes install much easier.. You don't even have to take the wheel off..just spread the frame a little bit and slide it in..there's a pin thing that sits in the dropout that holds it centered and won't spin..and it's chromoly.. really, look for something besides the primo..I love their parts just not that one

|

7/28/2014 2:21 PM

lbphillyrider wrote:

I def wouldn't go with the primo dsg. I have one and it took a ton of modding to get it to fit without the chain rubbing and making noise..if you can get it, the kink dsg is way better..it's thinner where it slides behind the dropout and the open ended slot makes install much easier.. You don't even have to take the wheel off..just spread the frame a little bit and slide it in..there's a pin thing that sits in the dropout that holds it centered and won't spin..and it's chromoly.. really, look for something besides the primo..I love their parts just not that one

You mean this one? Cause it's available in Sweden so I could definitely consider this.

|

7/28/2014 2:31 PM

lbphillyrider wrote:

WTP_Simon wrote:

You mean this one? Cause it's available in Sweden so I could definitely consider this.

Yup! That's the one! I was a lot happier with that one than the primo

|

7/28/2014 3:07 PM

lbphillyrider wrote:

WTP_Simon wrote:

lbphillyrider wrote:

Did you have to spread your dropouts much when you mounted it? Cause I really don't want to bend or damage my frame, I know some hubguards replace the cone nut on the hub

|

7/28/2014 3:24 PM

And I only had to spread my frame a little to get my Primo DSG in. I have the plastic version.

I don't run 4 pegs much though.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/28/2014 3:34 PM

WTP_Simon wrote:

lbphillyrider wrote:

WTP_Simon wrote:

Did you have to spread your dropouts much when you mounted it? Cause I really don't want to bend or damage my frame, I know some hubguards replace the cone nut on the hub

No, not at all..I did it myself and I have a female axle too so it'll probably be easier with a male axle..you won't damage anything...and with a drive side guard you def don't wanna remove the driver nut so they just slide on over it

|

7/28/2014 4:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2014 4:02 PM

lbphillyrider wrote:

WTP_Simon wrote:

lbphillyrider wrote:

No, not at all..I did it myself and I have a female axle too so it'll probably be easier with a male axle..you won't damage anything...and with a drive side guard you def don't wanna remove the driver nut so they just slide on over it

So the kink one fits 14mm male axles? cause I haven't found any info on it

|

7/28/2014 4:36 PM

Yes it fits 14mm axles..female axle hubs have 14mm center axles which are just long enough to fit in the dropouts then the bolt goes into it..like I said, it'll be even easier with a male axle

|