Pegs and hub guards

Related:
Create New Tag

8/1/2013 10:32 PM

Do most pegs need like and adapter piece or what not, or could i just take the bolts off and pop them on as they are. (I want to try hang 5's but I have no pegs on my opposite side) Also I've gotten more confident in my hop height so I know I can grind low ledges and benches. Not sure if i need a hub guard or anything, I just wanted to make sure im not wasting money on something I wont need, or screwing myself of later by being cheap.

|

8/1/2013 10:56 PM

Hub guards make your hubs last longer. I ride 4 14mm pegs on 3/8 axles without adapters

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/1/2013 11:01 PM

future FBM wrote:

Hub guards make your hubs last longer. I ride 4 14mm pegs on 3/8 axles without adapters

How does that work? haha wouldnt that cause a little trouble? or is it fine 100%?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/1/2013 11:01 PM

ah , okay. I'll probably put off on buying hub guards for while. So then all I have to pay attention to is getting a peg to match the axle size ?

|

8/1/2013 11:08 PM

future FBM wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

How does that work? haha wouldnt that cause a little trouble? or is it fine 100%?

Once you tighten them down its fine. Literally been doing it since 09 when I started riding.

|

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/1/2013 11:09 PM

wawa011 wrote:

ah , okay. I'll probably put off on buying hub guards for while. So then all I have to pay attention to is getting a peg to ...more

3/8 or 3/8, 14mm on 14mm would be ideal. But 3/8-14mm is fine to with or without adapters

|

8/1/2013 11:10 PM

future FBM wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

Works fine, I'm doing this as well.

|

8/1/2013 11:11 PM

future FBM wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

brianoob wrote:

Wow that is really cool haha i never wouldve thought to do that! haha oh well! Maybe if i have to, i will! lol

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/1/2013 11:22 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

brianoob wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

Wow that is really cool haha i never wouldve thought to do that! haha oh well! Maybe if i have to, i will! lol

I lost my adapters or I'd use them, but it's fine without them.

|

8/2/2013 12:35 AM

Hahaha cool , just checked and my front hub has a 3/8" axle and my rear hub's 14mm. Just wanted to know if this is a deal or not.

( I dont need to run four pegs anytime soon because theres no way I could 180 up to a ledge yet. Also I get scared trying to hop up to anything higher than a curb on my opposite side.)

Photo

|

8/2/2013 1:15 AM

Pegs are pegs man. Buy em

|

8/2/2013 1:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2013 1:23 AM

3/8ths wont fit on your rear axle.

|

8/2/2013 1:53 AM

future FBM wrote:

got it.

|

8/2/2013 1:55 AM

brianoob wrote:

3/8ths wont fit on your rear axle.

haha i realized, but these pegs are sold individual and i just need one peg for now and my front axle is 3/8"

|

8/2/2013 8:09 AM

I have those pegs they're great, but pegs are pegs. The only pegs that will last longer are pegs made of 4140 chromoly. I know animal makes 4140 pegs

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

8/2/2013 10:33 PM

G-LandRider wrote:

I have those pegs they're great, but pegs are pegs. The only pegs that will last longer are pegs made of 4140 chromoly. I know ...more

I was in process of ordering them till I saw I didnt have enough in my account for the peg plus shipping. Gotta wait till monday now haha. Yea I assumed they were decent because they're made of chromoly but I probably wouldn't know the difference.

|

8/9/2013 8:59 AM

future FBM wrote:

Yo can you tell me if this is on right? the tab sticking out of the peg does really rest in the dropout like I've seen on other bikes but
I know its not going anywhere, made sure it was on tight.Photo

|

8/9/2013 10:13 AM

Yeah that looks fine to me.

|

8/9/2013 12:52 PM

Alright cool, hahah gonna get back into learning hang 5s now

|