Phone filming questions?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/2/2014 8:07 AM

I film with my phone and.. ive got an upgrade coming up soon so im just curious about what phone to get for filming. The Nokia Lumnia 1020 has a 41mp camera and HD and blabla, and the Samsung Galaxy s4 has a 13mp camera. I currently use the Galaxy s3 so either of these is already an upgrade from where im at. I just want to know if the Lumnia 1020 is worth getting over the S4 for filming purposes and if its compatible with the removeable fisheye lenses (the ones that you stick a magnetic ring around your camera and the fisheye magnets to it)? Any help is needed!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/2/2014 8:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/2/2014 8:30 AM

the galaxy s 5 is gonna have a16mp camera and a really good stabilizer plus slow motion video and coming out on april 11 but its gonna be pretty expensive
http://www.financialexpress.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s5-nokia-lumia-1020-sony-xperia-z2-expect-sharper-clearer-selfies/1229871
http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-camera-and-gallery-walkthrough

|

3/2/2014 8:25 AM

Unless you are printing wall sized posters I don't see why you would need 41 megapixels.

I'd just get a little camera to film with.

|

3/2/2014 8:49 AM

BNC wrote:

Unless you are printing wall sized posters I don't see why you would need 41 megapixels.

I'd just get a little camera to film ...more

I cant afford one and currently I have an upgrade aswell as NEED a new phone.

Im eyeing the fuck out of the s5 and it comes out the day after my birthday.. lol. I would just need to know what it would cost with an upgrade

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

3/2/2014 10:25 AM

dude you can get cameras on ebay for as little as 30 bucks(there is a sony knockoff that shoots hd and has the threads for lenses and costs about 30 bucks) which is way less than a new phone. I had it for 2 years but never really used it so i sold it to my friend who uses it all the time.

Whats wrong with your phone?

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/2/2014 10:28 AM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

dude you can get cameras on ebay for as little as 30 bucks(there is a sony knockoff that shoots hd and has the threads for ...more

Doesn't charge/stay charged.

|

3/2/2014 10:35 AM

so new battery and a charger? That is alot of money to drop for 20 dollars worth of stuff to pay for it. and it not even like ur phone is old or anything...

THe s5 would be better than the nokia because the of the windows os... it sucks... BUT there are alot of photographers and filmers who use the nokia for full projects...

i have heard somewhere (i cant find the article anymore) that the s5 shoots in 4k video too vs the normal 1080p of the nokia

|

Deviant BMX store

3/2/2014 10:42 AM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

so new battery and a charger? That is alot of money to drop for 20 dollars worth of stuff to pay for it. and it not even like ...more

Bought a new charger and it didn't work, and my battery worked fine in my friends phone. To get my phone insured costs $200 (some bullshit.) So its cheaper just to use my upgrade.

And yes the s5 shoots in 4k and im pretty sure has an optical stabilizer. I was considering the LG G2 for its Stabilizer and the Note 3 for its 4k, but it appears I maybe able to get both.

|

3/2/2014 10:43 AM

If your upgrade is going to have you stay around phones such as the S4, I urge you to look at the side by side reviews of the LG G2. The G2 beats the S4 in almost every aspect including the camera. Plus, the screen is a bit bigger too. Worth looking into anyway.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

3/2/2014 10:47 AM

Madtown608 wrote:

If your upgrade is going to have you stay around phones such as the S4, I urge you to look at the side by side reviews of the ...more

After some research I did add that to my list, due to its stabilizer. But the video quality is about the same as my s3 so im kinda iffy about it.

|

3/2/2014 10:50 AM

Madtown608 wrote:

If your upgrade is going to have you stay around phones such as the S4, I urge you to look at the side by side reviews of the ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

After some research I did add that to my list, due to its stabilizer. But the video quality is about the same as my s3 so im ...more

S3 is only 720 whereas G2 is 1080 and slow-mo capable and 60 FPS

|

Winter is over-rated

3/2/2014 10:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/2/2014 10:54 AM

go with whichever one is cheaper...as much as you try overall it is still being filmed with a phone and will be very similar either way...and they both have downfalls... the s5 has a better os but the nokia is overall a better camera..

|

Deviant BMX store

3/2/2014 10:53 AM

Madtown608 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

After some research I did add that to my list, due to its stabilizer. But the video quality is about the same as my s3 so im ...more

Madtown608 wrote:

S3 is only 720 whereas G2 is 1080 and slow-mo capable and 60 FPS

I read it was 720.. thats interesting. Thanks. Ill probably do this if my phone shits out before the S5 comes out

|

3/2/2014 10:57 AM

Yeah if you can afford to hold out, it looks like the S5 is the way to go. As far as the S4 and G2, I was just looking at side by side comparisons through different tech sites. It seems like the slow-mo is not for sure on the G2 because I've seen some that said it was, and found others that said it will be on the G2 Pro which will also feature 4K video.

|

Winter is over-rated

3/2/2014 11:04 AM

The lumia is much better. One shadow edit was filmes with it and looked awesome. If you dont like wp8 you can get a xperia z1.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/2/2014 11:13 AM

Olloclip

|

3/2/2014 11:14 AM

T-rider wrote:

The lumia is much better. One shadow edit was filmes with it and looked awesome. If you dont like wp8 you can get a xperia z1. ...more

Link to the edit?

|

3/2/2014 11:15 AM

T-rider wrote:

The lumia is much better. One shadow edit was filmes with it and looked awesome. If you dont like wp8 you can get a xperia z1. ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Link to the edit?

I will search it. The quality was amazing.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/2/2014 11:16 AM

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/2/2014 11:24 AM

Thats really not that bad. All its missing is the stabilizer and you can tell. Idk if I could deal with windows though.

|

3/2/2014 11:27 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Thats really not that bad. All its missing is the stabilizer and you can tell. Idk if I could deal with windows though.

You can always get a xperia z 1/2

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/2/2014 11:35 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

T-rider wrote:

Is it basically the same phone?

|

3/2/2014 11:40 AM

|

Deviant BMX store

3/2/2014 11:53 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

T-rider wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Is it basically the same phone?

Nope. Its android, has a 20.7mpx camera, really good in everything el se.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/2/2014 12:06 PM

Harry main also has a GS4 edit on YouTube that looks legit..

Right now I guess im mostly looking for an android phone with 4k, Optimal Stabilizer, and a decent amount of megapixels. Most of them appear to only have one or the other. The G2 Pro and Galaxy s5 sound promising but I doubt I can afford them.

|

3/2/2014 12:10 PM

There is a cheap acer with 4k recording.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/2/2014 6:38 PM

Megapixels have nothing to do with video and also, you can't upload 4k video anywhere at the moment so you'll have to downscale it to 1080p/720p anyway.

|

3/2/2014 6:50 PM

The only reason that simone barraco vid looks decent is because of the gear used to stabilize the phone, and the editing. I have a galaxy s3 and the quality is more than good enough for the average person. All phone videos are gonna look roughly the same unless you edit the footage, or use something like a tripod or glidecam setup which is stupid for a phone. (In some of those nokia lumina bmx vids, you can see the filmer holding a glidecam rig with the phone. looks fucking retarded)

|

3/3/2014 5:58 AM

Nokias are de with the best cameras

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER