Picking out a frame help

Related:
Create New Tag

12/24/2014 6:53 AM

Ok I got this ok mongoose scan r70 but it's heavy as hell it weights 27 pound and I wanna lighter bike and there's these frames in my budget first is this one the verde cartel frame it's a 21 inch I just have never rode a 21 inch top tube idk if it's too big and it's light but more for dirt would it mess my bunny hops up or how I ride at the park and would it be good for grinding Photo

But then there's this frame united rigal but it's 5 pounds Idk if that will make my bike heavy still but it's more for grinding that anything Photo

Idk guys I just want a frame that would glide when I hit ramps at the skate park and a frame that can handle grinds and a frame that's light and a frame that would be good at Manuel's and 360 just a all round frame what frame out of those two do you think would come close to all the thing I want out of the frame and pls guys I don't want no hate comments I just need advice and help

|

12/24/2014 8:23 AM

27 pounds is light
stop being a pussy

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/24/2014 8:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/24/2014 8:35 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

27 pounds is light
stop being a pussy

This 27 is light as fuck , scrawny kids these days probably couldn't even bunny hop on early 2000s bike

Buy a Hoffman condor

Heavier bikes are better to Learn on you need to build muscle

|

12/24/2014 9:13 AM

Omfg I been riding that bike for a year and a half now I wanna lighter bike and yes 27 is on the heavier side of bmx GODAMN all I want to know is which frame fits my style and I bet your bikes aren't no 30 pounds

|

12/24/2014 9:21 AM

Weight training is key

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

12/24/2014 9:45 AM

A frame is a frame is a frame. Get one with the coolest stickers and call it a day.

|

It’s all bmx

12/24/2014 9:52 AM

Credence CCR is the best out of those options

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/24/2014 10:01 AM

Haha guys I been riding a heavier bike for a long time and I wanna move to a lighter frame

|

12/24/2014 10:13 AM

I don't know shit about either of those. But the United is proud of its japanese metal and welds so I would DEFINITELY stay away from that. Have you looked on here for frames? Lots for sale, including mine. But if you want brand new I'd go with something else honestly

|

Smoke Drink Die

12/24/2014 10:16 AM

Zxzbmxteam wrote:

Haha guys I been riding a heavier bike for a long time and I wanna move to a lighter frame

pussy

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/24/2014 11:10 AM

Lighter bike won't improve your riding your going to be disappointed

|

12/25/2014 3:15 PM

What's it matter to ya'll? He has money to buy a new frame and wants to upgrade. There's nothing wrong with that.

|

Smoke Drink Die

12/25/2014 3:20 PM

Just get the one with the specs you like or the one you like most.
BTW 27lbs is not heavy, my kid rides a 27lbs bike and she is 12yrs old.

|

My FBM bike check

12/25/2014 10:08 PM

My bikes around 29lbs and i can do a good amount of tricks on it without hardly trying. Just takes time and practice. Also, ive gone from a 4.6lb frame to a 5.2lb frame and didn't notice a difference. The noticeable change in weight is rotational weight. If youre that concerned with your bike feeling lighter, get some folding tires and lighter rims. I would rather lose 4oz in rotational weight than 4lbs of frame weight. It really makes the difference.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/26/2014 3:48 AM

If i was buying a frame right now, i would buy from the 4 sale section. There is some bad ass frames from legit people. You'll save some cash & help a fellow member out.. you're new here and want to know who's legit we can help you out with that.. way easier then picking a frame for you.. You dig???

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

12/26/2014 6:24 AM

I would go in the for sale section, get a frame with a 75 degree headtube and a medium to longer back end and order it.

That should fit you.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

12/26/2014 7:40 AM

I swear y'all are stupid on this forums, who cares why the fucking kid wants a frame, he wants one, so fucking right off about how his bike ain't heavy and let the kid support the BMX industry rather than just backing out.

Pick a frame that you like the geometry off, if you think you are sticking to mostly grinding and trails, get one with a higher BB, longer chainstay and a 75* ht angle. It will give you the stability and comfortable feeling for trails and grinds, but the higher BB will offset that and give you some leverage/pop. It will work good for both.

Once you find a frame with GEO you like, or a few with GEO you like, just pick the brand you like more, the "features" (Invest Cast, Chain Tensioners, etc) you like, the stickers/colors it comes in..

As for weight, don't be a weight weenie, I never worried about weight and I have a 4 peg street machine, and she weighs 23lbs, it just happens.. All frames are generally around 5lbs, so don't go fishing for the lightest one.

Out of your two options though, I would say buy the Rigal Frame.

|

12/26/2014 2:10 PM

Thanks you blvck,stocksy,brian_griffin,hard bmx,colonydirt thanks guys this helps me thanks for not being a dick like the other peopl

|

12/26/2014 2:22 PM

Zxzbmxteam wrote:

Omfg I been riding that bike for a year and a half now I wanna lighter bike and yes 27 is on the heavier side of bmx GODAMN ...more

My first bike was a brakeless pegless Dyno that weighed in at 45 lbs. I could hop it bar height. Now my setup is probably 25 lbs.

Seriously though, 27 isn't terrible, but if you want to go lighter, do it.

If you ride street or park like it is street (grinds 180s and that's about it) you might want a shorter rear end and a steeper head tube angle.

If you ride the box and boost it, a longer rear end is more stable in the air and at speed, but spins are a touch slower.

Honestly any frame will work with any style within reason. You can ride street on a trails frame, like like you can ride a street frame on trails.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/26/2014 2:24 PM

Whats the TT length of your current frame? I think it was you who said you felt cramped on your current frame. A bigger frame is a must if that's true. I got a 20.75" for sale in the for sale section..just saying

|

Smoke Drink Die

12/26/2014 3:24 PM

Weight doesn't matter, my bike is like 28 lbs I got stem height hops but I also suck haha. Anyway, the Rigal is the better frame no doubt, my United Dinero rules

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

12/26/2014 9:32 PM

Learned to bunnyhop on a old mountian bike , easily 35 lbs . I was honestly so hyped , I thought I could truck a 25 stairs because I could bunnyhop , I was like,"This is just the beginning"

My friend following behind me said it was like an inch off the ground lol

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/27/2014 8:08 AM

I like lighter bikes I like going to the park and sometimes trails sometimes, I get so tired on my bike it's a mongoose I don't know what's it's angles and shit it is I looked up the rigal frame I might jugs get the 20.85 cause it's in between 21 top tube and a 20.75 top tube and it has a shorter back end I like to grind and do street and parks the yeagle frames perfect for me mongoose is shit it was the best bike I could of gotten at the time but I thinks it is heavy I can do 360 ,3 taps 180 footjam tail whips and bunny hop 3 foot on it I just want a new frame cause I want my bike lighter so I don't get tired easier and my frame is small for me and the drop outs are bent

|

12/28/2014 3:38 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

A frame is a frame is a frame. Get one with the coolest stickers and call it a day.

Not true, so many factors with geo these days.

|

When the river runs red, take the dirt road instead.