[Pics) Help with naming this frame

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2017 8:43 AM

Hi just picked up the hobby of cleaning up old bmxs recently, few years late lol
I just brought this bmx this week it came with No's elf handlebars. The serial for the frame is KB00H 12331 it also has a late 90s haro badge sticker on the front, I dont think its a haro.

Here's some flix
Photo

Photo

Photo

|

8/9/2017 8:46 AM

It's gotta be a GT

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

8/9/2017 8:59 AM

Or a powerlite

|

8/9/2017 8:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2017 9:06 AM

I'm not sure man there are a few brands with frames like this just a few minor differences, what model gt did u think?

Edit: notice the bottom tube / down tube it is sort of bent. There are also a couple of welded chain guard mounts. I can't find any engravements anywhere apart from serial no.

|

8/9/2017 10:54 AM

Haro tended to stamp their logo in their dropouts in the midschool era-this is a frame from roughly 96-03.

So did GT and Powerlite. It has a kickstand mount-which leads me down the path of not a legit BMX brand-more of a dept store knockoff-but I could be wrong.

Email Haro with the serial number-that sticker (what I can see of it) appears to be a factory headtube sticker-which means either the person who placed it got one from Haro, or it is a Haro.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/9/2017 1:30 PM

I'd say it's a rip off of a gt (/dyno/powerlite) if there's no stamps on it. Especially as it has welded on chain guard mounts

|

8/9/2017 8:42 PM

Here's a flic of the sticker. Its not a kick stand mount, its for the chainguard. I'll email haro too

Photo

|

8/9/2017 8:48 PM

The pedals look ancient

|

8/10/2017 12:43 AM

Pic Photo

|

8/10/2017 4:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2017 5:07 AM

Based on the head tube sticker, it's an old Haro. A cheaper model.Photo

However, that DT is obviously a GT sort of ripoff. That gusset behind the ST was something that Dyno did. It could be a cheap Dyno that was marketed to department stores.

|

8/10/2017 6:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2017 6:09 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Based on the head tube sticker, it's an old Haro. A cheaper model.Photo

However, that DT is obviously a GT sort of ripoff. That ...more

Perhaps so but I still can't figure out the name of the frame though or the age. Also on the headtube sticker then small dots on the top and below the haro emblem are letters reading "HARO" and on bottom "BIKES"

Perhaps it could be an old restoration where they re chromed it and put a haro sticker on it

|

8/10/2017 11:39 AM

Down between the chain stays (right behind the cranks) there is a kickstand mount. This is likely a department store bike. For a bit GT and Dyno had a department store line-could be one of them.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/25/2019 8:07 PM

It’s fairly simple if it has a kickstand or mount it’s a department store bike . Proper bmx bikes do not come with a kickstand

|

8/25/2019 11:29 PM

landon wrote:

It’s fairly simple if it has a kickstand or mount it’s a department store bike . Proper bmx bikes do not come with a kickstand ...more

yeah thanks for that 2 year old obvious advice dickhead

|