Plastic DSG rubbing on chain..

Related:
Create New Tag

12/16/2013 8:56 PM

Have any of you guys had this problem? It takes the Teflon coating off the top of my halflink chain and it's super annoying to hear the plastic sound when you pedal. I might just take a file to the guard and hopefully not screw up.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/16/2013 9:01 PM

Exactly that. Just file it down. It'll take a bit but it works , don't go to a bike shop because they'll charge you.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/16/2013 9:11 PM

I remember my primo alloy dsg moved on me a few times and went unnoticed. My chain actually ate up the guard lol. I though it was pretty weird especially since I never noticed till I took it off but my chain was undamaged.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/16/2013 9:12 PM

I have a modded GLAND and it rubbed. Eventually your chain just rubs it enough for it to wear down

|

My Cult 2 Short

12/16/2013 9:16 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I have a modded GLAND and it rubbed. Eventually your chain just rubs it enough for it to wear down

Yeah, but I like black chains and there's no point if a bunch of the color comes off..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

12/16/2013 9:34 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Yeah, but I like black chains and there's no point if a bunch of the color comes off..

Then get a file or grinder? Plus your chain would just be marked up on the inside/bottom where it makes contact. It wont hurt the chain.

|

My Cult 2 Short

12/16/2013 9:37 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Then get a file or grinder? Plus your chain would just be marked up on the inside/bottom where it makes contact. It wont hurt the chain.

Of course, materialwise, it's metal vs plastic. I'm just saying the Teflon coating is rubbing it all off of the top and stuff so there's no point in running my colored chain. I might go back to running my KMC Z 410 soon. That thing has been trusty since I had my Hyper Spinner Pro.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

12/17/2013 1:43 AM

Wow your concerned about the colour coming off your chain? Quite BMX now and take up fingering your arsehole in the shower

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

12/17/2013 6:46 AM

So youre upset because your chain, which is metal and is ALWAYS in contact with other metal, is losing its paint?

Regardless, get a KMC 410H. I have the black one and its not painted, its just natural black, like a spindle, axle, stem bolts, etc. So aslong as you keep it oiled and maintained, it will always be black.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/17/2013 6:12 PM

Gump wrote:

Wow your concerned about the colour coming off your chain? Quite BMX now and take up fingering your arsehole in the shower

this.

|

12/17/2013 7:41 PM

I once rode a kmc giant chain and it rubbed a hole right through the chain stay on my fly diablo frame.....I didn't give a shit about it and that frame is still riding today..... Function over looks

|

12/17/2013 7:41 PM

Gump wrote:

LOOOL

|

My Cult 2 Short

12/18/2013 5:56 AM

halflinks don't work with dsgs

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/18/2013 7:25 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

they do, you just have to use that spacer that comes with the dsg guard.

|

12/18/2013 8:44 PM

Gump wrote:

I already do, mate.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

12/18/2013 8:45 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

ivancuestabmx wrote:

they do, you just have to use that spacer that comes with the dsg guard.

Of course you HAVE TO use the spacer/insert that comes with the plastic DSG. I didn't use it the first time and literally kept tightening and made a huge indent in the damn guard.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

12/18/2013 8:46 PM

Anyways, the DSG is not great at holding itself. I have to tighten my axle nuts so DAMN much and the wheel still moved even the teeniest bit, but the chain is still tight.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

12/18/2013 8:57 PM

You suck.'get a scooter. I learned 360 today

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/18/2013 9:02 PM

SickDude wrote:

Screw off. I can almost 3 flat without tapping almost 50% of the time now. And I can 3 on a scooter too..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

12/18/2013 9:18 PM

anyone can fucking 3 on a scooter
why is this a point to brag about?

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/18/2013 9:19 PM

SickDude wrote:

Lolol doing a 360 on a scooter is no more impressive than pulling up just your front end on a bike which you probably can't even do that.

|

12/18/2013 9:37 PM

SickDude wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Lolol doing a 360 on a scooter is no more impressive than pulling up just your front end on a bike which you probably can't even do that.

I can't. I can only do peg wheelies. And it's way harder on a nice scooter because now instead of a tiny ass one this one fits me ahah

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/18/2013 9:57 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

anyone can fucking 3 on a scooter
why is this a point to brag about?

He thinks he's top shit.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

12/19/2013 1:25 PM

shadow chains dont fit primo guards. trust me i tryed

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/19/2013 2:32 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

shadow chains dont fit primo guards. trust me i tryed

it fits mine...

|