Plastic Hubgaurds pros and cons

Related:
Create New Tag

1/12/2014 6:01 AM

I'm riding a vandero 2 hub and I think I'm going to invest in some hubgaurds should I get the plastic barrier guards or the original alloy ones from odyssey. Photo

|

4 peg rida Kill the scoot

1/12/2014 6:16 AM

I have the Demolition Phantom front hub and guard for it and one thing I have noticed is once the finish came off it it started sticking to rails a bit more at my local park. A little more wax and I would be fine.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/12/2014 10:57 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I have the Demolition Phantom front hub and guard for it and one thing I have noticed is once the finish came off it it started sticking to rails a bit more at my local park. A little more wax and I would be fine.

I ordered the guard for the Rotator coaster, think it will happen to me ? It's alloy too.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/12/2014 10:59 AM

pro: slides good
con: you have to replace it more often

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/12/2014 11:08 AM

just get an alloy hub guard. it will slide just fine, and it will last much longer

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

1/12/2014 11:28 AM

crazyclark wrote:

just get an alloy hub guard. it will slide just fine, and it will last much longer

That's what I was thinking,

|

4 peg rida Kill the scoot

1/12/2014 11:46 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

lol basically all there is to it

or like plastics you can fuck around with for drive side to fit... but that's basically it

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/12/2014 11:50 AM

sketchytravis wrote:

or like plastics you can fuck around with for drive side to fit... but that's basically it

and plastics are cheaper

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

1/12/2014 12:14 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I ordered the guard for the Rotator coaster, think it will happen to me ? It's alloy too.

Rear no. Mine doesn't stick. My front one started to.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/12/2014 1:02 PM

You don't have to replace plastic hubguards as often as plastic peg sleeves from my experience. Alloy guards tend to bend in very easy and then you have to file them down or something, where as plastic guards bend in and your spokes file them out themselves.

|

1/12/2014 2:43 PM

Mine sticks to the rails at the local park when I double peg em.

Rear doesn't seem to stick at all smile

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/12/2014 3:47 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

crazyclark wrote:

and plastics are cheaper

not in the long run if you grind alot

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/12/2014 6:04 PM

Plastic will crack! Metal all the way

|