Plastic Pegs with anti spin bolts?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/15/2016 9:07 PM

Do they exist? If so where are they? I cannot find any it seems. I grind on the right and I grind A LOT so ones without anti spin pins are kinda outta the question since my wheels will come loose every session.

|

5/15/2016 9:25 PM

Yeah, I don't think they'll ever properly exist. The plastic pegs with the aluminum cores have a smaller diameter at the bottom, so drilling out holes for the anti-roll pins would cause the entire to weaken and snap. And the plastic pegs that go over chromoly pegs also take up the space where the pre-existing anti-roll pin positions are. Sorry, but you just gotta tighten the hell outta your pegs or stick to metal pegs.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/15/2016 10:16 PM

looks like I'm sticking with my good ol odyssey jpegs

|

5/15/2016 10:24 PM

I think Stolen has plastic pegs with anti spin bolts.

https://www.danscomp.com/products-parts/518837/Stolen_Thermalite_Peg.html

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

5/15/2016 10:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/15/2016 10:54 PM

A plastic peg with an all plastic design will slip and move more than a plastic peg with a aluminum / chromo core . The bit of metal showing will have contact with the dropouts . Also , depending on your set up plastic hubguards can really start those issues a lot faster than with metal guards .

You can always sandpaper the dropout and the area of the peg that makes contact with the dropout , that should help .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/15/2016 11:37 PM

They exist and work great. Tons of people in Canada run them.

http://www.bmxtransition.com/1664-Easy-Slider-Peg

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

5/16/2016 12:27 AM

Shadow little ones with the slick sleeves, gotta buy the plastic sleeves as an upgrade

|

5/16/2016 1:02 AM

one try kid wrote:

I think Stolen has plastic pegs with anti spin bolts.

...more

This. I used to run the Stolen Thermalite Pegs, they have 3 positions to place the pins when the peg wears out and they work great. I moved back to my Odyssey metals since I missed the loud sound. I have no complaints about the Stolen pegs.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

5/16/2016 7:46 AM

When you are grinding on the right side, the way the peg will rotate will actually tighten your axle bolts if I am not mistaken. Right side you are grinding forwards the pegs are rotating clockwise which tightens it? I have had not problems with my axle bolts loosening running 4 plastic pegs with no pins. My friend has metal pegs that I used to ride that I broke the spin pins and they also don't come loose. (He also has 4 pegs)

|

5/16/2016 10:48 AM

Just keep metal

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

5/16/2016 11:52 AM

RIDEboarder wrote:

When you are grinding on the right side, the way the peg will rotate will actually tighten your axle bolts if I am not ...more

I've always wondered why on one's ever bought out a hub with left hand thread for the left side. Wouldn't be a bad idea. I first thought that about 20 years ago when my friends peg would always come loose

|

5/16/2016 12:00 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I've always wondered why on one's ever bought out a hub with left hand thread for the left side. Wouldn't be a bad idea. I ...more

Demolition did with their Anorexia cassette, and I think their Ashley cassette too. And Shadow made a front axle replacement for their Rant front hub years ago.

I had the Anorexia cassette and it still came loose after awhile likely due to the vibrations

|

5/16/2016 12:53 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Demolition did with their Anorexia cassette, and I think their Ashley cassette too. And Shadow made a front axle replacement ...more

I never knew that, but I guess I never looked into it because I've never been a fan of pegs, and I'd grind on the right anyway.
I still think it's a legit idea that could be worked on

|

5/16/2016 7:37 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I never knew that, but I guess I never looked into it because I've never been a fan of pegs, and I'd grind on the right ...more

I read somewhere it'd be more costly to do so since the axle and hardware would have to be custom made (not sure how true that is but it sort of make sense), not to mention replacement parts wouldn't be that common unless more companies started doing it.

I think the way Shadow did it was just make them an upgrade you can buy afterwards if you wanted to. That way the hub comes with a standard threaded axle & nuts, and you always have the option to get the reverse threaded later on

|

5/16/2016 8:46 PM

RIDEboarder wrote:

When you are grinding on the right side, the way the peg will rotate will actually tighten your axle bolts if I am not ...more

Grinding forward on right = tighten
Grinding forward on left = loosen
Grinding backwards on right = loosen
Grinding backwards on left = tighten
So, depending on where your anti-roll pins sit when you tighten your hub, that may also affect your axle nut from loosening and your wheel from moving. I hold my pegs slightly when I tighten them so that they sit on the inside of the dropout and would prevent the peg from moving.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/17/2016 7:03 PM

Metal peg plus black PVC from a hardware store that has an ID matching the OD of the peg for a snug fit.

Cheap, easy, and the black PVC is less brittle.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/17/2016 7:42 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Metal peg plus black PVC from a hardware store that has an ID matching the OD of the peg for a snug fit.

Cheap, easy, and the ...more

Good idea, i'll try and find some. Good to see your still active here dave!

|