Plastic peg users

Related:
Create New Tag

8/30/2013 8:41 AM

Can't decide which plastic pegs to get, I've already got a set of metal ones on my other bike and plan on using both, so don't give me shit about how plastic pegs are dumb and whatnot, I'm just looking to hear from users that have experience with certain brands to help me decide which to get.

These are the ones I've considered so far but I'm open to any advice or recommendations...

Animal butchers
Eclat nathan peg
Cult butter

Thanx peeps

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/30/2013 8:43 AM

I was just about to post this, too. Also, throw in Fit OG's with the wizard sleeves.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

8/30/2013 8:45 AM

The Pleg V2s are supposed to be pretty good.

|

8/30/2013 8:45 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

I was just about to post this, too. Also, throw in Fit OG's with the wizard sleeves.

Cool we can kill two birds...

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/30/2013 8:48 AM

I have a set of Fit Wizard sleeves and im pretty stoked on them! they go over any 34mm OD metal peg and come in 2 lengths 100mm and 112mm. i've only had them a short tim but i think im sold on plastic.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/30/2013 12:48 PM

im riding some shadow little ones with plastic sleeves... really like em

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/30/2013 12:56 PM

i would go with butters because they come with an extra sleeve for free!!!!!!

|

LIFE BEHIND BARS

8/30/2013 12:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/30/2013 12:57 PM

double post

|

LIFE BEHIND BARS

8/30/2013 2:31 PM

I love my butters!

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

8/30/2013 2:41 PM

Butter pegs, Fit OGs with Wizard Sleeves, Demo Dumbchucks are pretty gnarly, they slide like nuts! But honestly, i say go with a plastic front, like a Gsport Pleg in the front, and a Primo Binary in the rear. It slides just right, the rear pegs normally go out quicker so i say do a combo of metal and a plastic front, depending on what you do. If you ride nothing but some type of grungy street with not a lot of smooth ledges, go with a metal rear and plastic front. Or a wizard sleeve rear and platic front. If you ride a lot of parks and stuff, just get 2 plegs and be happy.

If you ask me, i'd say do a Wizard Sleeve rear and a Butter front. Keeps weight and price down for basically the best combo.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/30/2013 2:50 PM

I wouldn't bother with Nathans. However much i love Eclat a Plastic Peg that is not replaceable at all? O.K you rotate them blah, blah, blah but if i am spending that sort of money on a Peg when there are literally 15+ Sleeved Pegs with all sorts of different compounds of Plastics to choose from!

There are lots of Pegs on offer, Obviously Animal Butchers are the most popular, then they kind've range in popularity. this doesn't mean they are any better or worse than others. Cult Butters have really good reviews, they come with an extra sleeve, The Inner Peg is Chromoly too which means if you were ever to go through the sleeve the inner core will not fall apart in 5 grinds.

I have been running OG G-Sport Plegs for years, i have had a couple of new Sleeve & i have passed them on to a friend now. They are by no means perfect though, i have seen them deform, crack & literally explode in one case! The Pleg V2 claims to have solved these issues with a new longer Core, which is still not the full length of the Peg & it is also Alloy. They have however managed to slim them down a little to the size of a regular Peg. I would personally give them a try. But the sensible choice would be the Cult Butter Peg.

|

8/30/2013 2:54 PM

Topsey wrote:

I wouldn't bother with Nathans. However much i love Eclat a Plastic Peg that is not replaceable at all? O.K you rotate them blah, blah, blah but if i am spending that sort of money on a Peg when there are literally 15+ Sleeved Pegs with all sorts of different compounds of Plastics to choose from!

There are lots of Pegs on offer, Obviously Animal Butchers are the most popular, then they kind've range in popularity. this doesn't mean they are any better or worse than others. Cult Butters have really good reviews, they come with an extra sleeve, The Inner Peg is Chromoly too which means if you were ever to go through the sleeve the inner core will not fall apart in 5 grinds.

I have been running OG G-Sport Plegs for years, i have had a couple of new Sleeve & i have passed them on to a friend now. They are by no means perfect though, i have seen them deform, crack & literally explode in one case! The Pleg V2 claims to have solved these issues with a new longer Core, which is still not the full length of the Peg & it is also Alloy. They have however managed to slim them down a little to the size of a regular Peg. I would personally give them a try. But the sensible choice would be the Cult Butter Peg.

That's what I was thinking tbh just cuz it make more sense financially.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/30/2013 6:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/30/2013 6:32 PM

I run chromoly pegs myself, so i would say the butters so you have a good peg underneath the plastic. Plus the butters come with the extra sleeve. You could go with the fit og's with the wizard sleeve, and the animal butcher sleeves fit the og's too. If i were you I would go with fit og's or cult butters so if you want to run metals again you can.

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.