Plastic pegs?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/23/2013 11:10 PM

Does anybody know if any plastic sleeves will fit on Oddyssey MPegs? I keep getting in trouble for using metal pegs in the skatepark so I'd like to get sleeves but all new pegs is expensive! If there are none what are the best plastic pegs out right now?!

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

12/23/2013 11:12 PM

fit wizard sleeves
both have 1.3 diameter

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/23/2013 11:13 PM

Getting in trouble by who? If you're getting hassled at by the local skaters or whatever, then fck them and do as you please. But if you damage the obstacles a lot, then yeah. And no, I haven't heard of any sleeves for the Mpegs at all. But yeah, take my tip into consideration unless they decide to beat you up or whatever.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/23/2013 11:27 PM

If odyssey mpegs are 34mm there are a lot of sleeves that would fit them.
Butcher sleeves get my vote as they are cheaper than wizard sleeves.

I'm using stolen thermalites sleeves on my kink lite pegs, they're a tad longer at 4.25 inches.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

12/24/2013 7:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/24/2013 7:26 AM

Get some PVC pipe with the same inner diameter (get the black PVC, it is less brittle) and cut it into the correct length. Get like 3 feet of it, and then just slide them on. Boom. Budget plastic sleeves. If they are a touch bigger, put some old innertube around the peg then slip them on (or electrical tape) to make a snug fit.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/24/2013 7:36 AM

I think eclats venom pegs are the best, be out soon.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/24/2013 7:48 AM

The PVC setup I suggested is for those on a budget, it's like 4 bucks, BUT you need a decent saw.

I think I may give it a run to see what happens sometime soon.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/24/2013 7:55 AM

For Serials Kris if You're getting hassled by little skater Douche Fags seriously kick em in their pathetic pussies & carry on Riding!!! If however it's the Parks owner/s then deffo recommended getting sleeves! The Fit ones supposedly last a LONG time! Where as Butcher Sleeves, I've watched a Friend go through a set in a day's Street session! It was ALL concrete ledges etc.. Depends what kinda Riding You want to keep doing?! If you're gunna be riding Street a lot more, then I would recommend getting Yourself some better "Street" Plastic Pegs, Liiiiiike.....

Eclat Venom Chromoly/Plastic Sleeved Pegs - 4" & 4.5"
SHADOW S.O.D Chromoly/Plastic Sleeved Pegs - 4.25"
Federal Chromoly/Plastic Sleeved Pegs - 4.25"
Cult Butter Chromoly/Plastic Sleeved Pegs - 4.1"
Fit O.G Pegs with Wizard Sleeves - 4" or 4.5"
United Stealth Chromoly/Plastic Sleeved Pegs -4"

|

12/24/2013 8:07 AM

if you want sleeves that lasted dan conway (pro rider, 4 pegger) 11 months and more, get the wizard sleeves
it will save you a lot more than buying other sleeves

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/24/2013 9:40 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Getting in trouble by who? If you're getting hassled at by the local skaters or whatever, then fck them and do as you please. But if you damage the obstacles a lot, then yeah. And no, I haven't heard of any sleeves for the Mpegs at all. But yeah, take my tip into consideration unless they decide to beat you up or whatever.

The police. It's posted on the board that you can only ride with plastic pegs and the cops are dicks when they roll around. Plus the ledges are real rough because they arent meant as much for bikes so they dont slide too well.

|

Deviant BMX store

12/24/2013 9:45 AM

Topsey wrote:

For Serials Kris if You're getting hassled by little skater Douche Fags seriously kick em in their pathetic pussies & carry on Riding!!! If however it's the Parks owner/s then deffo recommended getting sleeves! The Fit ones supposedly last a LONG time! Where as Butcher Sleeves, I've watched a Friend go through a set in a day's Street session! It was ALL concrete ledges etc.. Depends what kinda Riding You want to keep doing?! If you're gunna be riding Street a lot more, then I would recommend getting Yourself some better "Street" Plastic Pegs, Liiiiiike.....

Im looking into the fits. The sleeve looks wierd. Like most sleeves just slide on but these look like they encase the peg on the back too?

And thanks guys for the responses!

|

Deviant BMX store

12/24/2013 9:47 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Get some PVC pipe with the same inner diameter (get the black PVC, it is less brittle) and cut it into the correct length. Get like 3 feet of it, and then just slide them on. Boom. Budget plastic sleeves. If they are a touch bigger, put some old innertube around the peg then slip them on (or electrical tape) to make a snug fit.

I had it before and being a bigger guy they cracked within a session.

|

Deviant BMX store

12/24/2013 10:41 AM

Topsey wrote:

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

Im looking into the fits. The sleeve looks wierd. Like most sleeves just slide on but these look like they encase the peg on the back too?

And thanks guys for the responses!

yeah, most sleeves are like that
they are probably the best sleeves
ive seen butcher sleeves go from new to grinded through in a week of riding
the wizard sleeves after 11 months still were fine

|

12/24/2013 11:48 AM

I'd recommend Federal ones. They're slim and look really good , but slide like butter and are really quiet. They do tend to wear down a bit faster though , as with any plastic pegs.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short