Plastic pegs ruined bmx

Related:
Create New Tag

11/27/2019 4:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/27/2019 4:12 PM

I hate watching bmx now, plastic pegs have made bmx just not cool or gnarly anymore. It sounds like a toy. I don't mind the plastic pegs when it's riders with a sloppy style like brandon begin, but with people with dialed bikes and super clean styles like garret reynolds, it just makes bmx look like shit.

|

11/27/2019 4:47 PM

100% agree.

|

fack off

11/27/2019 5:23 PM

Apart from the lack of metal-on-metal sound, it makes little difference to me.

I do like that sound though!

|

11/27/2019 6:13 PM

I don't think plastic pegs ruined bmx but it did make videos more tame for sure. Personally I'm getting a little tired of getting kicked out of spots bc of guards hearing metal pegs

|

11/27/2019 9:20 PM

I think they’re ruining the environment more than bmx

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/27/2019 9:47 PM

People's dumbass opinions on what BMX should and shouldn't be are what's ruining it. Quit whinging about it and go ride your damn bike...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/27/2019 9:55 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

People's dumbass opinions on what BMX should and shouldn't be are what's ruining it. Quit whinging about it and go ride your damn bike...

Church!

|

11/27/2019 10:44 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Spongeworthy wrote:

Church!

Amen!

|

11/28/2019 12:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2019 12:25 AM

Imagine thinking Garret Reynolds, one of the best street riders currently, throwing whips everywhere, is ruining BMX.

Imagine thinking Brandon Begin, with his shitty turtle speed peg chinks, whose entire fame is based on his drug-addict lifestyle and retarded tennis balls in wheels and not on his lackluster level of riding, is good for BMX.

Imagine thinking BMX is cool and gnarly because of peg sound and being sloppy, instead of being technical and going big.

Imagine posting that shit thread.

|

11/28/2019 8:53 AM

Fatalize wrote:

Imagine thinking Garret Reynolds, one of the best street riders currently, throwing whips everywhere, is ruining BMX.

Imagine thinking Brandon Begin, with his shitty turtle speed peg chinks, whose entire fame is based on his drug-addict lifestyle and retarded tennis balls in wheels and not on his lackluster level of riding, is good for BMX.

Imagine thinking BMX is cool and gnarly because of peg sound and being sloppy, instead of being technical and going big.

Imagine posting that shit thread.

Photo
|

11/28/2019 9:05 AM

There are still plenty of riders riding metal pegs, there are so many different styles of riding these days, nothing’s ruined at all. Watch what you like and ignore the rest.

|

Ride everything

11/28/2019 10:46 AM

We never had plastic pegs back in the day...I got some this summer

I think they are overhyped, I dont think they slide much better except for on rails

If you are worried about the sound...put some headphones on, you wont hear metal or plastic

|

11/28/2019 11:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2019 11:01 AM

People putting rap “music” in bmx videos has ruined bmx more than anything

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/28/2019 12:27 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

That's false...its made it better than old rock n roll or death music

|

11/28/2019 12:55 PM

younggotti wrote:

Photo
|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/28/2019 12:57 PM

Im not a fan of many song choices on many edits but without sound I can still enjoy the riding.

I agree, a bad song can sometimes ruin the vibe of an edit but that can be said for all styles of music. No matter what song you choose, someone is going to love it or hate it.

|

11/28/2019 1:01 PM

younggotti wrote:

p1p1092 wrote: Photo

Why would u want to slap someone because Metallica and rolling stones songs dont get domekne amped up to ride

|

11/28/2019 1:01 PM

|

11/28/2019 1:06 PM

younggotti wrote:

younggotti wrote:

Why would u want to slap someone because Metallica and rolling stones songs dont get domekne amped up to ride

Photo
|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

11/28/2019 6:51 PM

younggotti wrote:

This, this is funny.

|

11/28/2019 6:53 PM

younggotti wrote:

Maybe for you, to each their own, I don't like crap. Infact I don't like a lot of things.

|

11/28/2019 6:55 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Im not a fan of many song choices on many edits but without sound I can still enjoy the riding.

I agree, a bad song can sometimes ruin the vibe of an edit but that can be said for all styles of music. No matter what song you choose, someone is going to love it or hate it.

I can enjoy a clip without any music, just hearing the bikes/ tyres and tricks noise is enough.

|

11/28/2019 9:37 PM

Naw man. I think frames have ruined BMX. Everyone seems to run them, nobody’s unique anymore smh.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

11/30/2019 12:40 PM

this website fucking sucks

|

11/30/2019 2:23 PM

Man I think the riders ruin bmx, there’s always gonna be one rider bitching about somthing ride what you like

|

12/3/2019 7:00 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Cellmember wrote:

I can enjoy a clip without any music, just hearing the bikes/ tyres and tricks noise is enough.

^^^^^^^

This... I mean I'm ok if the music track is not one of my choice, but I'd much rather hear the natural sounds of whats going on.
Same with
gun/shooting vids,
Trucks or Cars with Airbags or Hyrdos...

I want to hear the action sounds of whats going on there...

|

12/3/2019 9:53 AM

Sometimes I think BMX is too image obsessed these days. Cult and Shadow parts, black baggy cuffed chinos. Like everything has to be edgy and gritty. But then I look back to when I started riding and you had to have the skin tight jeans + t-shirts and run slammed seat and 2 pegs. Then I realize that BMX has always been trendy. The mass of people will always follow whatever the top few creative people are doing at the moment. If tomorrow Simone Barraco or Garrett Reynolds starts riding pegless, in about 6 months you'll see every rider with no pegs on.

Moral of the story, keep it freestyle and do your own thing. Fuck whatever the crowd is doing.

|

12/3/2019 2:59 PM

falloftroy20 wrote:

Sometimes I think BMX is too image obsessed these days. Cult and Shadow parts, black baggy cuffed chinos. Like everything has to be edgy and gritty. But then I look back to when I started riding and you had to have the skin tight jeans + t-shirts and run slammed seat and 2 pegs. Then I realize that BMX has always been trendy. The mass of people will always follow whatever the top few creative people are doing at the moment. If tomorrow Simone Barraco or Garrett Reynolds starts riding pegless, in about 6 months you'll see every rider with no pegs on.

Moral of the story, keep it freestyle and do your own thing. Fuck whatever the crowd is doing.

the entire world is image obsessed and literally everything follows its own trends why do people always act like this is specific to bmx

|