Plastic pegs that last longest?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/24/2013 4:31 PM

Im kind of new to the whole plastic peg thing not sure which are the best. I currently use primo binary pegs and love them they just wear a ittle fast imo but i got a pair for 18bucks so didnt mind. what would you guys recommend? also anyone tried the new stolen silencer pegs i realy like the look of them cause they are slightly longer?

if you've never tried plastic seriously give it a go i thought it sounded stupid but they work really well and less people chase you away from ledges because of less damage and noise.

|

2/24/2013 4:35 PM

I would reccomend getting a metal peg that comes with a platic sleeve like shadow little ones with the slicker sleeve

|

2/24/2013 4:39 PM

I Thought This Was America wrote:

I would reccomend getting a metal peg that comes with a platic sleeve like shadow little ones with the slicker sleeve

thats what the binary pegs are like, aluminium with a plastic sleeve. do you know how long the sleeve lasts on the slicker?

|

2/24/2013 4:40 PM

Plegs are the thickest plastic peg there are, but as stated above, if you're going plastic, use sleeves. The peg has more structural integrity because a metal peg is inside, but you still have that slide of plastic. Demolition Dumbchucks are good also, but I've seen a few crack. Personally, I'm one of those, "If it ain't steel, it ain't real," guys, but hey, to each their own.

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY

2/24/2013 4:41 PM

Jamie Wellington wrote:

thats what the binary pegs are like, aluminium with a plastic sleeve. do you know how long the sleeve lasts on the slicker?

They'll last as long as you're not grinding concrete. Concrete ledges will eat your peg up very quick.

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY

2/24/2013 4:45 PM

I have herd some good reviews about the demolition dumbchuck V2s and the Stolen Silencer

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

2/24/2013 4:46 PM

i have the KHE plastic pegs, they're only good for metal rails or VERY waxed cement, don't ever ride anything like concrete because i ate through a set of pegs in a day from riding at our local park and we only have 1 cement ledge.

|

2/24/2013 4:47 PM

Metal ones

|

2/24/2013 4:52 PM

if you don't have a park that makes you use plastic pegs then get aluminum or even steel pegs and carry around a brick of wax

|

2/24/2013 5:23 PM

sbc785 wrote:

if you don't have a park that makes you use plastic pegs then get aluminum or even steel pegs and carry around a brick of wax

Or if he has a park that makes you use plastics, USE METAL. Then proceed to argue with them when they yell at you that it's the same as skate trucks on the ledge/coping

|

2/24/2013 5:26 PM

yeah but they'll boot him out if he argues, that's how skateparks work

|

2/24/2013 5:39 PM

sbc785 wrote:

Big_ol_schlong wrote:

Or if he has a park that makes you use plastics, USE METAL. Then proceed to argue with them when they yell at you that it's ...more

Nah i just like the way plastic slides. I used steel for a long time just now prefer plastic.

|

2/24/2013 8:27 PM

I found a brand new looking Shadow sleeve that was cracked in half at the Flow this weekend.

|

2/24/2013 11:02 PM

Sleeves ftw, but nah in all seriousness I can't run just normal plastic pegs.. I feel like I am just going to snap them in half .. the idea of plastic pegs just sketches me out lol

|

"Faster, Faster, Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death" -Thompson
Save a tree, Ride a bike
Old Man.Bicycle.Friends - the most important thing in life.

Refs- Jetzy72-DMD-noendinsight666-ninjacat33-SuperstarDK-Skids007-Genesis-Four-Future FBM-mserno75-blueep3piece

2/24/2013 11:14 PM

Big_ol_schlong wrote:

Metal ones

with pvc tubing over them for at the park... someone on here told me about doing that in a thread

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

2/24/2013 11:14 PM

Skooter wrote:

Plegs are the thickest plastic peg there are, but as stated above, if you're going plastic, use sleeves. The peg has more ...more

makin me proud again

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

2/25/2013 9:57 AM

sbc785 wrote:

The UK doesn't have this problem with Metal Pegs not being aloud in Parks though.

|

2/25/2013 10:14 AM

Get some butchers!

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

2/25/2013 11:09 AM

Why don't they let metal pegs in some parks anyways?

|

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

2/25/2013 11:20 AM

motogrizz wrote:

Why don't they let metal pegs in some parks anyways?

If its concrete it wares down ledges and cracks making them hard to grind on skateboards

|

2/25/2013 11:21 AM

sbc785 wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

The UK doesn't have this problem with Metal Pegs not being aloud in Parks though.

Ive been to a couple that do have a problem with it

|

2/25/2013 11:22 AM

I would say get shadows or butchers, they have a softer plastic than the demolitions and primos which from my experience the harder plastic breaks easier

|

fly sunday mutiny gsport primo odyssey

My Loosefer WAN CLAN Facebook Instagram @dickfarts

2/25/2013 11:26 AM

shamu121 wrote:

I would say get shadows or butchers, they have a softer plastic than the demolitions and primos which from my experience the ...more

And i suppose you dont get much more street than butcher.
Any one who says plastics for pussies go check out butcher

|

2/25/2013 11:44 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

maybe your local parks but i have a buddy across the pond that can't have metal pegs at all 3 of his local parks.

|

2/25/2013 11:47 AM

sbc785 wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

sbc785 wrote:

maybe your local parks but i have a buddy across the pond that can't have metal pegs at all 3 of his local parks.

Really? Whereabouts does he live? And are they indoor parks, because I admit some of them might have a rule, but I'm fairly sure no public Parks do.

|

2/25/2013 11:49 AM

yes, indoor and i believe it's because they have Skatelite or something. Not sure on his exact location, he moved from the States to somewhere in the UK with his wife who is from there. I talk to him a lot and he saw that i mounted some plastic KHE pegs to my Honda Ruckus and he said he had the same pegs since he needed them at all his local parks...

|

2/25/2013 12:04 PM

sbc785 wrote:

yes, indoor and i believe it's because they have Skatelite or something. Not sure on his exact location, he moved from the ...more

Yeah OK my local indoor (well it's not indoor but it's privately owned, but anyone can go there) has Skatelite Ramps, when they were first built the didn't allow Scooters with Pegs (as the Pegs are closer to the ground so more likely to hit) but they removed that rule within days. I've never been to any Park personally that doesn't allow Metal Pegs.

|

2/25/2013 12:32 PM

ive had the stolen silencers for a couple weeks now. they're decent. i personally wished i had gotten shorter ones and i also dont like how the plastic sleeve sticks out a little further than the aluminum core but it probably has a purpose. they have been holding up pretty good and i have been abusing the fuck out of them on unwaxed concrete.
if i had to make the purchase again i would probably hold off until the cult plastic pegs come out. they are going to have a steel core and the diameter of the peg with the sleeve on is going to be the same as their doomsday peg which is like 1.5" i think. i dont like how fat a lot of the plastics are. also something to consider is that the stolens use a weaker aluminum than some of the other plastic peg cores, such as the animal butchers.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

2/25/2013 2:31 PM

ticaleb wrote:

ive had the stolen silencers for a couple weeks now. they're decent. i personally wished i had gotten shorter ones and i also ...more

you want shorter ones? cut them down...a pipe cutter will have the job done in 2 minutes.

|

2/25/2013 2:42 PM

sbc785 wrote:

you want shorter ones? cut them down...a pipe cutter will have the job done in 2 minutes.

Thought of that. Probably will get around to it sometime. Enjoying pegless life for now.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check