Plastic sleeves for pegs?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/9/2014 9:28 AM

Whats better? Looking at getting the shadow slicker sleeves. I mainly ride street and park occasionally

|

Bikes & bitches. We love running into scooter fags
Instagram: @ian_sino and @wethepeople_bmx_life

5/9/2014 9:37 AM

They only fit the Shadow Little One pegs. Check the OD of your pegs, Fit offers a universal fitting one.

|

5/9/2014 9:45 AM

Cult Butters are amazing if you're looking to get new pegs.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/9/2014 11:10 AM

Thats what I have the shadow little ones, do they really make a difference?

|

Bikes & bitches. We love running into scooter fags
Instagram: @ian_sino and @wethepeople_bmx_life

5/9/2014 12:15 PM

If you have little ones, go get the plastic sleeves for them.

|

5/9/2014 12:23 PM

Slides are faster and smoother, PLUS you do less damage to what you grind.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/9/2014 12:32 PM

Shadow Slickers are specifically designed for Shadow Little Ones. The tapering at the bottom of the Little Ones is mimicked on the inside of the sleeve. I believe they will also fit older Hoffman pegs because they had an identical design.

I just got Slickers and I honestly dont like them. I hit an icepick and since the plastic doesn't grip my dropout worth shit, my wheel moved and locked up and caused
me to eat it pretty hard. I kept them on and tightened the fuck out of my wheel and they haven't moved again yet, but ive been super cautious and only been hitting light grinds because of that incident.

They slide like butter but wear away extremely fast (nearly half way worn down from a day of feebles on concrete.)

If they do slip again and it wasn't just a fluke, I will cut the base off of them since I believe the tapered part of the peg will hold the sleeve on by itself.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/9/2014 12:44 PM

I'd go with the eclat venom based upon my experience with the nathan peg which use the same compound.
I've had them since December and they have loads of life left in them, I grind a lot, every session, never rough concrete tho.

Check em out.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/9/2014 1:28 PM

I like plastics for park use, smooth slides.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/9/2014 1:45 PM

i actually just am about to mod a friends slicker sleeve
he runs the anti slip pin on the inside of his dropout to keep chain tension, so we are going to mill out the back quarter of the sleeve so he can still run the anti spin pin
either that or just drill it out

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

5/9/2014 1:49 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

i actually just am about to mod a friends slicker sleeve
he runs the anti slip pin on the inside of his dropout to keep chain ...more

Just drill a hole the size of the threads in the sleeve and buy a longer bolt and run it through the sleeve and to the peg. Or cut the base off the sleeve and run peg on dropout. As I said, the tapering should hold the sleeve on just fine.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx