Plastic sleeves/ pegs

Related:
Create New Tag

7/6/2013 3:11 PM

So what's the deal a ith sleeves? I see all these pros with them especially animal butchers. Are they really worth it? Do the sleeves wear quick? I have 4 animal oh lites and I really don't run pegs anymore partially because I'm tired of my pegs sticking and busting ass. I don't want to drop $80 on pegs and then never use them.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

7/6/2013 3:47 PM

They're good. If you don't want to stick, go faster.

|

fack off

7/6/2013 4:13 PM

Get Primos those things are amazing.
My friend got 4 of those for his and it's beast.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/11/2013 2:54 AM

I just started running Cult Butter plastics and so far they're holding up well and slide amazing. Alex Kennedy runs the Primo plastics and he's a crazy grinder. I don't recommend grinding too much rough concrete if you want them to last though. If you're caught up between the Butchers or Butters at all, get the Butters just because they come with free extra sleeves, other than that they're pretty much the same.

|

7/11/2013 4:35 AM

If your sticking your going too slow and being a bitch. Put a full extra crank in and you'll be golden.

When I wear my diet grinders down in maybe two years time I might try some sleeves but I mainly play on skate park ledges and rails

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/11/2013 4:39 AM

They're great for street ledges. If you ride skatepark ledges only don't bother though because skatepark ledges slide fine with wax.

|

7/11/2013 4:49 AM

Im gonna be getting some stolen thermalites soon, so far the seem the best for the price to me.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

7/11/2013 5:26 AM

Some fat guy input for you:

I run Gsport Plegs, weigh 237 as of this morning, and have 0 issues. Had them coming up on like 2 years now. I don't grind a lot, and when it do it is typically homemade boxes or park stuff, still going strong.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/11/2013 7:04 AM

i just make my own sleeves it super easy and cheap you can get a meter of pvc pipe and make 10+ sleeves and the slide great

|

ride or die

7/11/2013 10:01 AM

blackrose wrote:

i just make my own sleeves it super easy and cheap you can get a meter of pvc pipe and make 10+ sleeves and the slide great

Get the black PVC, it is more flexible, Last longer from what I understand. BUT make sure you get the correct size.

Take a peg to the store that has PVC, and tell them it needs to fit SNUGLY around the peg (grab one that isn't too mangled if you can)

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/11/2013 10:41 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Im gonna be getting some stolen thermalites soon, so far the seem the best for the price to me.

the mongoose pegs at walmart are made in the same place. they are the exact same. there just $10 cheaper. and they have a mongoose sticker.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

7/11/2013 5:55 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

the mongoose pegs at walmart are made in the same place. they are the exact same. there just $10 cheaper. and they have a mongoose sticker.

i work at a shop so cost isnt an issue and. i meant silencers anyways with the metal core. thats needed to me.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

7/11/2013 7:44 PM

i jsut got the cult butter pegs, going to ride them all day tomorrow and ill post here then of what i think.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

7/12/2013 5:40 AM

I just got some PVC pipe in my case my pegs are 34mm and I just got some 32mm PVC pipe and put it in a bowl of hot water so it turned soft and just hammered my peg in and they work great and will not spin or come off iv had them for 4 month and there still going strong and it cheaper then buying sleeve I can get a metre of pipe for 5$ and can make 10+ sleeves

|

ride or die