Play it safe or do something completely different for new build.

Related:
Create New Tag

9/20/2018 3:30 PM

Ok so this is gonna be longwinded and confusing so just a heads up lol. So Ive been planing on putting together a new build for the better part of this year. Got a few parts but nothing major but Im hoping to buy pretty much everything very soon but I keep going back and forth on what I want and Im kinda tempted to go one way but it might be dumb. So I mainly ride tranny with some trails thrown in and have always pretty much rode mellow frames like T1 Barcode or FBM Deployer but building a twitchy street frame has always kinda sounded fun.Just because its so different. I was at the park about a month ago with a friend and I popped on some pegs and ever since then Ive been having a blast just messing around with pegs and getting creative with grinds as Ive never really messed with pegs all that much in the past. As far as all my builds, Ive always used as many FBM, Terrible 1, S&M, and Relic parts as I can get, and Ive always had my bikes PURE if that makes sense, but Im like tempted to just try something completely new. Like get a bunch of Merritt (Idk why but even though I hate most of merritts fans, Ive had a few parts of theirs and they've all been pretty good) stuff and get like the whole bike in chrome once again just to have something different. Ive been looking at the Fit Begin frame (I hate Begin and all the OSS cancer) because its looks twitchy and the trans brown would be pretty of I took off all the stickers. So Id get something like that with some plastic pegs and all chrome. TBH I never thought Id ever consider riding plastic pegs. So yeah, sorry if that was confusing haha. This is probably dumb but Ive been going back and forth for a while.ALSO new build was gonna be a bunch of Profile, FBM, T1, and Relic parts so you probably get the idea

TLDR: Always rode mellow frames from T1 and FBM and tempted to try out something completely new just to mess around.

|

9/20/2018 3:51 PM

Fuck it why not try it

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/20/2018 3:58 PM

Get a flatland complete and live on the edge

|

9/20/2018 4:05 PM

Try BSD

|

9/20/2018 4:40 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Fuck it why not try it

Yeah Im really tempted. So different from anything and sounds fun. Just not sure if after a month Ill be like "Why did I do this" haha

|

9/20/2018 7:24 PM

I had an s&m cam wood v2 and loved it, got an fbm hardway thinking it would be fun, hated it and ordered a custom fbm 9 months later.
Maybe get something a little more middle of the road, like a gypsy or atf. You might like a twitchy frame, but you also might hate it.

|

9/20/2018 11:36 PM

Go for it man, if you're not keen on Begin (who is lol?) but like the specs why not check out the BSD ALVX? Really nice looking frame that. I ride a Mutiny Comb V3 (20.6 tt, 13-13.5 CS, 11.8 BB height) after previously riding a 20.75, 14, 11.5 and it feels great

|

9/20/2018 11:46 PM

Go for a T1 Ruben, 11.75bb 13.25 slammed rear in the shorter frames, 74ht nimble and stable. As for parts if you like profile and those companies wht not stick with them instead of gettin something you may hate.

|

9/21/2018 6:48 AM

Get front brakes #yolo

|

It’s all bmx

9/21/2018 6:55 AM

Oh, I've recently switched to 165mm cranks, and gone lhd. I got odyssey cranks and hubs after years only riding profile hubs and cranks, and it makes a really pleasant change. 165mm cranks are the future.
How about the t1 skapegoat frame? Not too crazy, but also different from what you're used to

|

9/21/2018 7:36 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Oh, I've recently switched to 165mm cranks, and gone lhd. I got odyssey cranks and hubs after years only riding profile hubs ...more

Why'd you switch to LHD?

|

9/21/2018 8:19 AM

the Begin is fine, If you wanted the same Geo I'd go for a Battleship though.

|

9/21/2018 8:27 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Oh, I've recently switched to 165mm cranks, and gone lhd. I got odyssey cranks and hubs after years only riding profile hubs ...more

Yeah I was thinking this too. I dig the ruben and the skapegoat

|

9/21/2018 8:28 AM

blizzbikes wrote:

Go for a T1 Ruben, 11.75bb 13.25 slammed rear in the shorter frames, 74ht nimble and stable. As for parts if you like profile ...more

Yeah thats true. See I was like go big or go home so like get everything new but that makes sense. Im just indecisive lol

|

9/21/2018 9:12 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Why'd you switch to LHD?

Fancied a change really, hoping to learn a few different things like bb slides and crank arm slides. I pulled a few rhd, but having the sprocket on the crank arm slide side scares me. And bb slides on the back foot side feel weird. I don't have a rail to learn either on though haha

|

9/21/2018 9:21 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Why'd you switch to LHD?

grumpySteve wrote:

Fancied a change really, hoping to learn a few different things like bb slides and crank arm slides. I pulled a few rhd, but ...more

Well shit, now you'll have to get a new "LHD sprocket" too. I know a guy.... He'll probably do you up one special wink

|

9/21/2018 9:31 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Why'd you switch to LHD?

grumpySteve wrote:

Fancied a change really, hoping to learn a few different things like bb slides and crank arm slides. I pulled a few rhd, but ...more

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Well shit, now you'll have to get a new "LHD sprocket" too. I know a guy.... He'll probably do you up one special wink

I'm using an old guarded mds sprocket, it's too scary to not use a guard on the back foot side. So I'm tempted to look into guarded sprockets instead of stems haha (but to be completely honest, I might give up on parts in general. Other brands already make everything you could ever want or need, and I can't really afford to risk losing money. But let's not discuss that here)

|

9/23/2018 11:46 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Why'd you switch to LHD?

grumpySteve wrote:

Ive been messing with bb slides on the subrosa rail.

|