Funding Issues

Related:
Create New Tag

1/26/2017 1:46 PM

My link to my GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/I-only-need-a-few-hundred-dollars.

I have a GoPro Hero Session and my brothers MacBook Pro or computers at school to edit on when I start to film. I need help to get this bike as it is difficult without my job (obvious when considering my age - 15). I've tried using resources such as eBay but it's gotten me nowhere. My YouTube channel would be unique as I would be the only YouTuber doing BMX videos in Philadelphia. So ,I got the idea to start a GoFundMe page as a result. Any help in progress towards getting the 2017 Wethepeople Arcade Bmx for me and my Soon to be YouTube channel would be greatly appreciated. And in return, I can promise the making of many high quality YouTube videos.

Photo

Thank you if you are reading this and have a great day!

-Alex Swander-

|

Stay Frosty

1/26/2017 2:14 PM

So you want to be a YouTuber doing bmx, even though you don't have a bike?

Sell your gopro, buy a bike, ride it because it's fun, not because you want to be a famous YouTuber.

|

1/26/2017 2:38 PM

Lolol you want us to buy you a bike basically, get fucked.

Yeah you'd definitely be original making bmx videos on YouTube, good luck with that one.

|

1/26/2017 2:49 PM

ummm. No... Get a job and buy a bike

|

1/26/2017 3:18 PM

|

1/26/2017 3:21 PM

Without your job considering it's hard since you're 15... Bruh I'm 15, the day after my birthday I started working (not an official job, just doing anything) and just got my (nearly $800) bike last November. Work.

|

1/26/2017 3:33 PM

I've had a job since I was 13 , kids these days got no work ethic

|

1/26/2017 3:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2017 4:00 PM

"My YouTube channel would be unique as I would be the only YouTuber doing BMX videos in Philadelphia."

Probably not actually, there are a million kids that want to be the next Scotty Cranmer, and think they can do it easily.

I will not be donating, but good luck. I would suggest walking dogs, babysitting, raking leaves, shovel snow, mow lawns and so on.

Or sell your go pro, ride and get comfortable, then WORK and buy a camera.

Plus most kids on here have zero spare cash, why would they give it to you over replacing their own parts?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/26/2017 4:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2017 4:25 PM

Fun before fame.

And not to ruin your dreams or anything but nobody wants to see bad edited gopro footage of a kid learning to bunnyhop
It takes time to learn skills, as much on the bike than behind the camera.
Don't rush and keep that in mind for in a few years maybe,
or maybe in a few years you wouldn't care about fame anymore because you'll just grow up.
then the good news is...filming a solid edit is far more rewarding for yourself than a skatepark vlog,

|

1/26/2017 4:17 PM

fuck you

|

It’s all bmx

1/26/2017 4:19 PM

If you take the advice from these guys it will be better than getting a bike for nothing it will help you for life. Next time it snows get your ass out there and knock door to door and shovel snow for money any money however much they want to give. Then remember the people that stiff you and don't hit them up next time. By the time you save enough money if you still want a bike then get it if you get it given to you without hard work you probably didn't want it bad enough to keep doing it.

|

1/26/2017 4:32 PM

I hope someone else buys that bike just because now

|

It’s all bmx

1/26/2017 4:42 PM

i think i will buy it and video myself giving it away to a kid at my skatepark that deserves it..... lazy fuck

|

1/26/2017 4:56 PM

It's not just something to think, "I'll just make YouTube videos." Unfortunately, it doesn't go that simple, believe me. Filming and editing takes time, lots of time, especially if you're looking to make money from YouTube. Unless you're not in school, it'll be almost a full-time "job" for you to pump out quality content that people actually like.

You gotta work for your bike. You gotta work for mostly everything in life. That's the way it works.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

1/26/2017 6:56 PM

yeah. I would definitely sell all the camera stuff, get a decent bike (which you could DEFINITELY do if you really have all that GoPro stuff) and spend the year OUTSIDE learning how to ride rather than INSIDE editing videos.

I am 47, work 2 full time jobs, and still have not been able to get MY new BMX because real life stuff always manages to take the money....house repairs, medical bills,2 kids in college, 1 in HS, who is actually your age (with his own BMX that we salvaged from my friends garage and we cleaned up....him using his own money to get parts etc) I WISH I had a GoPro that I could sell to get my bike....

seriously, being a BMXer has WAAAYYYYY more cred than a Youtuber ermm unsure

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

1/26/2017 7:05 PM

Work for it, as these guys said. I had some sweet bikes a few years ago, had to sell them because life happens. Everything is sweeter when you earn it.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/26/2017 8:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2017 8:31 PM

Wow. Kids just want everything handed to them nowadays. If your not a troll, you are insane. Seeing this just makes me realize why this country is so fucked. I bet you want me to ride it and learn tricks for you too. I guess I could do that. Here ya go.
Btw do you think your magicly going to have pro level skills on a bike? First sell your stupid go pro, then buy a used bike on Craig's list. Ride it for at least 2 years every day, then you could maybe think about buying a camera to make youtube videos, that no one will watch, because your still not good enough. You have a lot to learn kid.

|

1/26/2017 8:58 PM

Sell the damn camera... I'd much rather have a bike than a GoPro.

|

1/26/2017 8:59 PM

Hey guys, i don't want to get a job because i'm lazy. Giv me ur muney plz!?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

1/26/2017 9:19 PM

fuk u al

|

1/27/2017 12:39 AM

Just save up every penny you come in contact with. Without a job that is the only sure way. It may take a while but it sure beats buying it with other people's money. Rake leaves, shovel snow, walk dogs, sell some old stuff, just don't go crawling to the internet and asking for money; all you'll get is ridicule as you can see. Earn your bike and it'll feel a hell of a lot better in the end guaranteed.

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

1/27/2017 5:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2017 5:44 AM

LOL

You want help? Here are some ideas on how to get some extra cash:

-ask your parents to help.

-sell the GoPro. You don't need it that bad

-sell your video games or whatever you have laying around that you don't use.

-work. walk a dog (like someone above mentioned) buy bulk candy and sell it in school. Sweep somebody's sidewalk. Paint a door. Wash somebody's car. Do something someone would be willing to pay for

|

1/27/2017 7:58 AM

Sell your virgin body

|

1/27/2017 8:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2017 8:27 AM

Get a job. Mow lawns, rake leaves, shovel snow. Shit, sell your GoPro to buy a bike. Getting into BMX just for YouTube is the wrong reason. I really want to say fuck you, but I figured I would give advice instead. I'm 15 as well, and I have a job at a local restaurant doing dishes and cooking food. Believe me, It's not hard to get a job. Apply at all your local businesses and make the money yourself instead of wasting other people's hard-earned money for something you'll just quit when your shitty YouTube idea doesn't work out and you realize BMX was harder than you thought. All you need is $200-250 dollars to buy a Mongoose Mode 900 and you'll be golden and you can make that pretty fast. Just my 2 cents.

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."

1/27/2017 8:47 AM

owen.lox wrote:

Get a job. Mow lawns, rake leaves, shovel snow. Shit, sell your GoPro to buy a bike. Getting into BMX just for YouTube is the ...more

this^ ..idk I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say didn't mean to come off as lazy. Someone most likely gave him that idea and he thought he'd give it a shot.. to take a line from home alone, "he's a kid. Kids are stupid" lol.. the donation way isn't the way to go though. not for this. Bad idea. work for it. Earn the bike. Hope all works out for you kid

|

1/27/2017 9:58 AM

owen.lox wrote:

Get a job. Mow lawns, rake leaves, shovel snow. Shit, sell your GoPro to buy a bike. Getting into BMX just for YouTube is the ...more

Firebrand wrote:

this^ ..idk I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say didn't mean to come off as lazy. Someone most likely gave him that ...more

I don't think he did either. He could easily make $200 dollars though. Lets say you charge $20 to mow a lawn, if you do only 1 lawn a day for 10 days, thats 200 there. 5 days if you do two lawns everyday and boom, you got a money for a bike in less than a week. Maybe his parents could hook him up if he pays them back, thats what I used to do.

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."

1/27/2017 10:52 AM

Woooow. Hope this is a troll lmao.

|

1/28/2017 5:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2017 5:57 PM

when i was 14 i saved up for about 6months doing odd jobs to buy a KX 80 dirt bike

turns out i didnt save enough(i needed 700$ and only had 500$) so i bought a honda spree and i rode that thing like crazy..

that is untill one day my mean ass mom took it away and gave it to her best friend to rot in her garage

i never got my scooter back eithersad

now im in my 30's and have bought me all the honda scooters,goped brand gopeds,and bmx bikes i could want

|

1/28/2017 10:10 PM

welfarebum wrote:

If you take the advice from these guys it will be better than getting a bike for nothing it will help you for life. Next time ...more

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to see if I can do any odd jobs and save up until I am to purchase the bike. And I'll consider doing that next winter.

|

Stay Frosty

1/30/2017 10:21 AM

owen.lox wrote:

I'd buy you the bike because you're willing to work for it. bravo kid, bravo. props for not being a lazy cunt

|

It’s all bmx