Please Help on what kind of GT I have

Related:
Create New Tag

2/23/2018 10:56 AM

Hello new to the forum and hoping someone can help me with what kind of GT and What year this is. I bought it from someone who didn't know anything about it just used it then threw it in his garage. I am thinking it is a GT performer around 2006 but the back part of the frame by the seat post is not the same . Any guidance is appreciated since I want to rebuild this bike for my step son. The serial number is S1GT3763 30222
Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

2/23/2018 11:11 AM

I don't know much about old bikes but the one piece crank and plastic pedals suggest that it's a walmart bike

|

Hmmm

2/23/2018 11:55 AM

No its not a walmart bike IT has GT stamped all over it and the parts on it are all GT parts

|

2/23/2018 12:06 PM

Look like powerlite bars too. Late 90's at a guess. Piston stems are quite desirable. But I'm not a gt fan so that's as much as I can tell you

|

2/23/2018 12:57 PM

What I can see using the pics from the BMX museum its almost identical to a 2006 GT Performer. The only small difference in that year is where the frame connects to the stem. There is a gap in the 06 performer mine doesn't have one. But that year has everything else the same. I put out word to GT Bikes to see if they can come up with anything . But the serial number doesn't come up ether. At am at a loss. Worst case for the little I paid for 2 frames the other a 2000 Performer. The parts both bikes have on it is way more than what I paid. And I know the other is a performer so maybe make a bike out of that one. My days with GT were in the 80's with my 1985 GT World Tour. That was the greatest freestyle bike ever made! ITs worth somewhere in the 2k range now which is untouchable for me. So these restores will have to do .

|

2/23/2018 1:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2018 1:29 PM

|

2/23/2018 1:42 PM

If you haven't noticed, you are in the wrong place. Try bmxmuseum

|

2/23/2018 1:57 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

He found out the year and model, so I'd say he did ok... lol

|

2/23/2018 2:39 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Bryan91 wrote:

He found out the year and model, so I'd say he did ok... lol

Yeah but how many people in here ride bikes that are even more than 10 years old in here? All you have to do is look at the bike checks. Bmxmuseum is filled with old school and mid school guys.

|

2/23/2018 3:13 PM

Omg thank you so much that’s it !!!! Wow I scored big time with this purchase !!!! And as for the comment about I am in the wrong place , last time I checked this was a forum about bmx bikes and I got the info I needed . So I Think I found the perfect place . Thank you Bryan once again !!!!

|

2/23/2018 8:27 PM

jpezzuti wrote:

Hello new to the forum and hoping someone can help me with what kind of GT and What year this is. I bought it from someone who ...more

Omg. I love the bars!

|

2/23/2018 9:13 PM

This was a hell of a find , I walked away with two GT’s , a 2001 Jamie Bestwick Pro and a 2000 performer for $45 . The performer needs a ton of work but I am going to make it a 1987 / 2000 pro performer with old school parts and decals and newer style frame . The bestwick pro should be ready to go by the end of weekend at least to ride . Then I’ll start to clean it up . It’s fun having GT bikes back in my life to share with the kids . It makes me think about my 1985 GT world tour !!! I loved that bike !!!

|

2/26/2018 2:47 AM

I was going to suggest it might have been an interceptor

|