Please I Need help!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2014 10:16 PM

Hi I am new to BMX. My name is Vince I am 6"1 and 200 pounds I am in very good shape as i do sports year round i just turned 15, I am having some issues though.
- I started BMX because of friends but i am having trouble doing some simple tricks....
-I can never get my second wheel of the ground of a bunny hope and my bike is fairly good. I am wondering if it is because of my size or i just cant get it please help me out.
-What do you usually where when riding hard and trying new tricks?
-Do you listen to music if so what kind? (I like chill rap like Logic, Hoodie Allen and Wax)
-How long did it take you and where is the best place to practice if a skate park is not near by?

|

1/2/2014 10:59 PM

Ride curbs for the basics ..... Keep at it it takes time doesn't come to you overnight

|

1/2/2014 11:04 PM

Size ain't an excuse I'm 6'6 and 245

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/2/2014 11:21 PM

It took me a year to get a decent bunnyhop. 3 years and my height is around bar height.

|

1/2/2014 11:29 PM

Don't sweat it man, just ride and have fun and it will come in time. You are definitely not too tall to ride BMX, but you want to be on a full size 21" frame bicycle for sure.

When learning your bunny hops remember it's just a combination of two moves. First, practise getting your front tire off the ground. Once you have this down, practise just getting your back tire off the ground on its own. You do this by kicking up your back feet and pulling the back wheel up towards you. Once you have those down, combine the two by first pulling up your front wheel and THEN your back. You don't want to hop both wheels at once as you won't be able to get on to higher obstacles this way, or be able to clear bigger gaps.

The cool part about BMX is that you can ride anywhere. Go out in to your neighbourhood and find things to hop up on and practise your bunny hops, find a cool lip that you can use as a ramp, maybe find a ledge that you can drop off and go have fun. Even better, grab a couple shovels with your buddies and build some dirt jumps. But most importantly, get off the Internet and go ride your bike! smile

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx