Please help

Related:
Create New Tag

8/4/2016 11:50 AM

So I just got my new bike in yesterday and I went to build it and my front wheel doesn't fit in the fork it's the wheel that came with the bike not a new wheel or anything what should I do, the picture is how the wheel sits in my work on both sides no matter how I put it Photo

Photo

|

8/4/2016 11:57 AM

Is one of the dropouts angled? Are there nuts on the axle that you think are unnecessary or are on the wrong side?...

If not obvious take it to a local shop. Shld be they'll figure it out

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

8/4/2016 11:57 AM

The legs of your fork may have gotten pushed together, so the only option I see is to spread them apart. DO NOT do that just yet, as it could break the fork. You should look online and see if anyone else with that bike has had the same problem, and no matter what the outcome you should contact DansComp (if you ordered it from them) and also Sunday. Their advice would be better than mine.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

8/4/2016 11:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2016 11:59 AM

Also like Charlie said, one of the dropouts could be bent/angled.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

8/4/2016 12:06 PM

Pretty much what everyone else said also check the wheel itself to make sure the axle is even and not bent as wheel, its a bummer that your new bike came like this I would call the distributor or shop and see what they might say.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

8/4/2016 12:35 PM

Just pull your forks open a bit and put the wheel in.

|

8/4/2016 1:18 PM

Might not be a bad idea to contact who you got it from.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/4/2016 1:58 PM

Appears to be a cheap loose ball bearing hub. Simple fix, tighten the bolts and wheel is fixed. Turn the inner part/cone, then the nut to lock it. There is nothing wrong with it.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/4/2016 3:12 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

Appears to be a cheap loose ball bearing hub. Simple fix, tighten the bolts and wheel is fixed. Turn the inner part/cone, then the nut to lock it. There is nothing wrong with it.

Unless it's not loose. Then you'd be over tightening the cones and crushing the bearings.....

|

8/4/2016 3:18 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Unless it's not loose. Then you'd be over tightening the cones and crushing the bearings.....

it doesnt sound loose at all it just doesnt fit and i dont wanna be trying to bend my fork that far and not be able to get a new bike if i mess anything up

|

8/4/2016 4:31 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Westlee wrote:

it doesnt sound loose at all it just doesnt fit and i dont wanna be trying to bend my fork that far and not be able to get a new bike if i mess anything up

Call up wherever you got the bike from, send those photos (maybe have one from the front of the bike aimed at the forks to show they are pinched.)

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/4/2016 5:52 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Westlee wrote:

Then don't try bending the fork: assume it is a hub/axle issue and play with the tightness just a bit to see if tightening come & nut gives just a little extra clearance

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

8/4/2016 6:24 PM

Charliekeet wrote:

Then don't try bending the fork: assume it is a hub/axle issue and play with the tightness just a bit to see if tightening come & nut gives just a little extra clearance

Before you mess with loosening or tightening cones, grab the axle tightly and wiggle it. If you feel a "clicking" or play, THEN tighten the cone/locknut.

If not and it rolls smooth DO NOT LOOSEN OR TIGHTEN IT.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura