Please help/Fuck hollow bolts

Related:
Create New Tag

8/29/2013 4:40 PM

so i hate clogging the board with "plz help threads but im gonna lose my shit soon
I've got an animal jumpoff remix with a stuck, broken pinch bolt. The (hollow) bolt snapped in half after the friend I got it from over tightened the rear of the stem. both pinch bolts broke, but one before the other. To make up for the missing bolt, which he was able to remove, he overtightened the lower one, and, yeah. Anyway, i removed the back/unheaded half with a pair of pliers. However, I've tried removing the head of the bolt with an allen wrench, and the bolt spins, but doesn't move. How can I get it out?

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

8/29/2013 4:44 PM

Take pliers and try to pull it a bit and stuff.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/29/2013 4:45 PM

Sounds like there's a burr on it from breaking. Try using a punch from the other side, just be careful not to damage the threads while you're doing it.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

8/29/2013 4:50 PM

My pliers are too fat to reach inside that far, and i was told to punch it with an allen: I just stick an allen in there and push/smash it out?

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

8/29/2013 4:57 PM

hmuifulikefriedchicken wrote:

My pliers are too fat to reach inside that far, and i was told to punch it with an allen: I just stick an allen in there and push/smash it out?

You have a better chance of screwing up the threads with an Allen wrench. Try to find a punch.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.