Please help me with 360s

Related:
Create New Tag

5/4/2020 7:27 AM

I can just about get the rotation of 200 but then I land on the ground with my brake on and pivot on my back wheel. I can't stop landing tailheavy. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

|

5/4/2020 11:06 AM

Build a bigger jump , go faster

|

5/4/2020 11:12 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Thanks, I'm trying on flat, any tips for that?

|

5/4/2020 11:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2020 11:19 AM

eskimojay wrote:

smsamuel wrote:

Build a bigger ramp , it’s better to learn 360s on a jump , makes you more versatile with 360s and more confident to do them at speed which is a good step to taking them to flat ground , I’ve seen tons of riders try to learn them flat first and the majority of them get stuck doing sloppy turtle speed 360 tire taps , the trick to good 360s is speed and confidence

|

5/4/2020 11:17 AM

eskimojay wrote:

smsamuel wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Build a bigger ramp , it’s better to learn 360s on a jump , makes you more versatile with 360s and more confident to do them at speed which is a good step to taking them to flat ground , I’ve seen tons of riders try to learn them flat first and the majority of them get stuck doing sloppy turtle speed 360 tire taps , the trick to good 360s is speed and confidence

👍

|

5/4/2020 11:44 AM

its obvious but you have to hop high and most importantly, tuck the back end up to hop 360.

|

5/4/2020 11:59 AM

Been working on these a lot as well, turn your head!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

5/4/2020 12:24 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Defo turn head as if your looking behind. Along with your bars. I was trying for literally weeks at the same park every Wednesday for 2-3 hours a time. A guy was watching one week and said your getting there all you need to do is turn your head more to your shoulder and keep ya bars turned. Nailed it first time. In fact for the rest of the night I was finding it almost easy. However as with all these things you must keep doing em. I stopped for a short period trying other stuff and then when I tried a 360 air out. I slammed like the first time all over again. Good luck

|

5/4/2020 1:04 PM

readybmxer wrote:

winny wrote:

Defo turn head as if your looking behind. Along with your bars. I was trying for literally weeks at the same park every Wednesday for 2-3 hours a time. A guy was watching one week and said your getting there all you need to do is turn your head more to your shoulder and keep ya bars turned. Nailed it first time. In fact for the rest of the night I was finding it almost easy. However as with all these things you must keep doing em. I stopped for a short period trying other stuff and then when I tried a 360 air out. I slammed like the first time all over again. Good luck

Thanks for all your advice you guys!

|

5/8/2020 6:46 PM

When you feel yourself drop push your bars forward and suck up the back end

|

I believe in hub guard protection

5/9/2020 2:00 PM

As kind of a mental thing, I like to picture where I will be facing after the spin before I jump, then like a bunch of other people said, look that way and your body should guide you there with practice. This goes for all rotations, 360s, 270s, 180s, etc.

|

5/9/2020 9:34 PM

What helped me when I was learning was my carving the opposite way and then trying to spin fast. Majority of the time I never land full 360. I’ll like 300 and pivot.

I rarely feel the need to hop 360 though. Really only 360 into quarters when I do them hop

|

5/10/2020 3:44 AM

Stop pivoting. The more comfortable you get with 360 tire taps (what you’re doing), the harder it’ll be to stop dropping that back end. Hop hard, turn your head and shoulders hard and keep them corked around. Also make sure you’re hopping up if that makes sense, don’t drop your inside shoulder. Then during the spin, tuck hard again as you pass the peak of your hop and keep the back end high.

With the pivot thing, if all you can spin is 270, then land with both tires at the same time, step off the bike if you have to so you don’t crash, crash if you have to, and work on spinning faster and hopping harder till it’s 360. But don’t pivot. I promise the pivot is going to make the 360 harder to learn.

|

5/11/2020 6:40 PM

jmz313 wrote:

its obvious but you have to hop high and most importantly, tuck the back end up to hop 360.

This. Learning to tuck the tire helped me immensely. After you hit it once, it will become second nature.

|