Plis help me with the bunnyhops am making this again but plis answer

Related:
Create New Tag

10/17/2016 12:26 PM

Ok my problem is that when I bunnyhop I always land on my front tire and am so fucking frustrated beacuse I know it's wrong. I ride for about a month. I have tried literally every fucking technique and I have watched every video on YouTube to learn to bunnyhop properly and it's fucking killing me. I always land on the front tire and I can bunny hop like fucking 5 cm...... ahhhh plis help
Here is what it looks like I can't upload a video for some reason so here is it in pictures

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

(◑́_◑᷅ )

10/17/2016 12:55 PM

Pull up with your arms more, so your front wheel goes higher. You can give yourself an additional boost by leaning back a bit during that motion. At the same time, straighten your knees so you can actually get a "jumping" motion.

Next, bring your weight forward, push your arms out, and scoop the bike up by bending your knees.

Watch more videos, you'll get it.

|

10/17/2016 12:59 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Pull up with your arms more, so your front wheel goes higher. You can give yourself an additional boost by leaning back a bit ...more

Thanks but how long did it take it for you and did you have the same problem
But thanks for replaying

|

(◑́_◑᷅ )

10/17/2016 1:09 PM

That looks like a hop try lifting your front up first, maybe it will work?

|

10/17/2016 1:16 PM

It didn't take me awfully long, you just have to play around with the rhythm a bit. Youll get it progressively higher when you develop technique.

|

10/17/2016 1:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2016 1:23 PM

Yeah you just need to lift the front higher first. You need to get almost to the point you feel like you're going to loop out. At that point your legs should be straight. Then just hop, bring your feet up toward your ass (the same way you would if you were jumping without a bike). As your knees and back wheel come up, push your bars forwards. Try to keep all of your weight central the whole time by counter balancing your ass with your legs and arms.

One way to practice the motion is by gently riding into a wall. Push against the wall so your back wheel comes up (again putting your ass over the back wheel, bending your knees, and straightening your arms). Then let the back wheel come down as you shift your body weight back into a normal riding position. Pull your back brake, and as your wheel touches the floor start to lean back a bit to lift the front wheel. The momentum will help lift the front. As you pull back, just hop on the back wheel.
Once you've got your head around it, see how many times you can hop on the back wheel.

The hardest thing is getting your head around all the little steps, then putting them into one quick fluid motion. You'll get it, and once you've got it, you won't lose it.
Also practice by hopping up low curbs and stuff. Just manual a bit up to a curb, you can even let your back tyre hit the curb before you need to hop (actually my favourite thing to do on my bike) and eventually you'll just get it and be able to do it without thinking.

Just imagine the motion of jumping without a bike. You compress yourself down, and spring up. You lift your arms to help give momentum. It's almost exactly the same, the only difference is your hands are holding your bars and you need to lift them, and your feet are on pedals instead of the floor.

|

10/17/2016 1:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2016 1:24 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah you just need to lift the front higher first. You need to get almost to the point you feel like you're going to loop out. ...more

AKA a bump jump. Super fun and it can actually help you learn the motion by forcing a scooping motion. Just dont faceplant haha

|

10/17/2016 2:00 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah you just need to lift the front higher first. You need to get almost to the point you feel like you're going to loop out. ...more

Yo thanks a lot guys for all the information

|

(◑́_◑᷅ )

10/17/2016 2:02 PM

Don't get frustrated, BMX takes time and practice. Everyone progresses at a different rate and just because you haven't learned the bunnyhop doesn't mean you're not as good as others.

Bit brutal, but think of it this way: There's always someone out there who's worse at riding a bike than you. Hehe...

Steve nailed it, as usual, so take that advice.

My two cents would be this: Try to find some small, destructible or flexible object like an old shoe or maybe a 2X4 wood to hop over. just something that won't hurt you if you don't clear it. Keep at it and use all the techniques. Generally, the height that your front wheel goes as you begin to hop is about the same height as your back wheel will be as you level out.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/17/2016 3:49 PM

Don't have your bars so far forward. Try bringing them back a bit. You are VERY stretched out over the bike so when you level you have to lean REALLY far forward, throwing the front wheel down.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/18/2016 7:11 AM

along with what everyone is saying here, in the pics, it looks like you are leaning your body weight forward towards the handle bars in the middle oft he attempt. When I was first learning I would do the same thing and always land front first. I had to learn to keep my weight back the whole time, and keep my chin/head up so I did not "look down" to where i was landing. It helped me to put a little obstacle to hop over...literally a soda can or plastic bottle...so that I was targeting ahead of where I was going to land. This helped me keep my weight correct. I still can only hop about a 1 foot now, but i always land back tire first.

This also helped me land when I hop off of things like curbs or smaller jumps...when I started to learn 180's it was the same thing...my head position was effecting the weight distribution. I am now working on that...

took me about 3 weeks to get the bunny hop thing straight...has taken me 6 months to even get 90 degrees out of a 180 attempt, so definitely realize that each trick will take different amounts of time for each rider

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

10/18/2016 8:06 AM

As someone who is also learning the basics of bunnyhops, how do I keep my seat from not smashing my testicles/gouch?
My seat is pretty low to begin with so what should I do? I can only assume I'm not lifting the backend correctly.

|

10/18/2016 8:20 AM

Sheldon. wrote:

As someone who is also learning the basics of bunnyhops, how do I keep my seat from not smashing my testicles/gouch?
My seat ...more

sounds like you are not keeping your legs stiff/absorbing the shock correctly if it is during landing or are pulling up too aggressively if it happens as you hop

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

10/18/2016 8:30 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Don't have your bars so far forward. Try bringing them back a bit. You are VERY stretched out over the bike so when you level ...more

This your too small to be riding Chicago bars

|