Pls Shed some light on the tree v2/v3 cassette hub

Related:
Create New Tag

10/19/2014 2:47 PM

thinkin of getting one......good? Bad? personal experiences?

|

10/19/2014 2:59 PM

I'm gonna be that guy. I've never run it personally but I've heardthat it's super good

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

10/19/2014 3:30 PM

I have only heard good things

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/19/2014 3:35 PM

Ohian has them I'm pretty certain, maybe he'll see this and give you some input. I never rode them so I can't say, but spec-wise they seem dialed. Only think I don't like is it uses a single spring wraparound design driver but that doesn't automatically make it shit though.

|

10/19/2014 3:45 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Ohian has them I'm pretty certain, maybe he'll see this and give you some input. I never rode them so I can't say, but ...more

ya same, the internals and driver reminds me alot of the ody v3

|

10/19/2014 4:45 PM

It's great besides the bushing. Driver spins slow and rough, especially when it's new. But otherwise it's smooth and rolls forever and looks awesome.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

10/19/2014 5:15 PM

All my friends that run them have super smooth spinning drivers. I mean one of them can double crank flip no problem.

Ive heard of the axle bolts being shit gor grinding since theyre aluminum. Otherwise its a very nice hub. Not a fan of the C-clip but im not aware of it being a problem in the Tree hubs.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/19/2014 11:21 PM

I have them, highly recommend them. Have all of my hubguards arriving in a few days as well, Axle bolts are not aluminum however, you can choose that option buying them separately to lower the weight. The aluminum bolts are also 14mm thick, I have them in the back with pegs and have no problem. original;bolts are chromoly . Rode mine for a year and still have yet to have one spoke come loose, wheel is still straight as well. I have the V3 cassette. Only thing I didnt like was the older hubguards, with the new guards Ill be giving my profiles a winter vacation. Ive had zero problems with my hub and I know it'll continue to do so. Sam is also awesome should you ever have a problem they are there to help. GET IT!

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

10/19/2014 11:23 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

It's great besides the bushing. Driver spins slow and rough, especially when it's new. But otherwise it's smooth and rolls ...more

No idea what this is about, mine runs smooth with no issue as said above

|

REFS-

Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

10/20/2014 5:19 AM

Photo

All I know is tree stepped up there hub guard game so now I consider this hub worthwhile :D
|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

10/20/2014 6:56 AM

Been waiting soooo long for these hubguards, I think like 2 years or more, its been some time. Only one I didnt buy is the chromo driveside cause my aluminum one has so much life left. I'll get some pics up in a few days when mine arrive

|

REFS-

10/20/2014 7:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/20/2014 12:33 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

Been waiting soooo long for these hubguards, I think like 2 years or more, its been some time. Only one I didnt buy is the ...more

I would replace it just because of the sliding difference, aluminum sucks after having my first chromoly guard I'll never go back haha

If it ain't steel it ain't real

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram

old edit

10/20/2014 12:33 PM

Been waiting soooo long for these hubguards, I think like 2 years or more, its been some time. Only one I didnt buy is the ...more

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

I would replace it just because of the sliding difference, aluminum sucks after having my first chromoly guard I'll never go ...more

Steal may be real but if its you plastic, you know its fantastic! tongue tongue laughing

|

REFS-

10/20/2014 12:35 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

I would replace it just because of the sliding difference, aluminum sucks after having my first chromoly guard I'll never go ...more

Steal may be real but if its you plastic, you know its fantastic! tongue tongue laughing

Can't disagree with that

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

10/3/2017 9:46 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote: Photo

All I know is tree stepped up there hub guard game so now I consider this hub worthwhile :D

Does anyone know where I can find a how-to video on how to install these? Am I suppose to be taking off any parts from the actual hub when installing these? I cant seem to figure this out and been wanting to properly install this for months!

|

KRANCLIFE FREESTYLE BMX WEBSITE

REFS: Stelle119 Also check my rep on BMX-Forum, Have much more there if you want to scope'

10/3/2017 9:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/3/2017 9:50 AM

daviesjpg wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a how-to video on how to install these? Am I suppose to be taking off any parts from the ...more

If it's for a Tree hub, you need a set of inserts for them to fit correctly. You take the existing collar off and replace it with the guard with the insert. They should be available from Tree.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

10/4/2017 6:00 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote: Photo

daviesjpg wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a how-to video on how to install these? Am I suppose to be taking off any parts from the ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

If it's for a Tree hub, you need a set of inserts for them to fit correctly. You take the existing collar off and replace it ...more

Damn man, now I feel like an idiot. Just bought em' off their site! I REALLY appreciate it bro!

|

REFS: Stelle119 Also check my rep on BMX-Forum, Have much more there if you want to scope'

10/8/2017 11:21 AM

Anybody have any idea how to take cone spacer off from hub? thanks

|

10/9/2017 11:22 AM

Disregard! Finally figure it out!

|