Police and getting arrested.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/3/2013 9:31 PM

Today I rode a spot that was in a trespassing zone. The cops yelled at me to come to them and i hauled ass 5 miles home haha. Has anyone ever got arrested for riding? What happened? Shit, this should be on askreddit...

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

4/3/2013 9:44 PM

All he probably would have done is told you to leave, or at worst just issue a warning. If it was a repeat offense though you'd likely get a fine, not arrested though.

Never been arrested for riding *knock on wood* but I did get put in the back of a cop car WHILE riding cause I knocked a bunch of trash cans over haha

|

4/3/2013 9:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2013 9:53 PM

Nah I was riding this "Private Property" it's pretty much a Bus rest stop, where all the bus drivers go for their break. They have the nicest riding set up for mannies it's beautiful.... One day I went and this metro cop almost runs over me and he starts screaming "Get over here".... I thought about running but I was like fuck nah gonna show this guy I ain't scared of his ass so I go back and he starts screaming at me over trespassing property and shit. He then proceeds to call me stupid and a bunch of other shit saying he was going to fine me personally and some other shit. Then he says get outta here so I went home and I no longer go back to that shit place.

You shouldn't get arrested though unless you're grinding some real nice marble ledges If you do damage to property you can get arrested depending on the damages and what not. Correct procedure would to give you a warning.... If you mouth off to them and act like a smart ass they will fine you. Cops are like parents they feel like they have power over you so they treat you like shit whenever they want.

|

4/3/2013 10:02 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

Nah I was riding this "Private Property" it's pretty much a Bus rest stop, where all the bus drivers go for their break. They have the nicest riding set up for mannies it's beautiful.... One day I went and this metro cop almost runs over me and he starts screaming "Get over here".... I thought about running but I was like fuck nah gonna show this guy I ain't scared of his ass so I go back and he starts screaming at me over trespassing property and shit. He then proceeds to call me stupid and a bunch of other shit saying he was going to fine me personally and some other shit. Then he says get outta here so I went home and I no longer go back to that shit place.

You shouldn't get arrested though unless you're grinding some real nice marble ledges If you do damage to property you can get arrested depending on the damages and what not. Correct procedure would to give you a warning.... If you mouth off to them and act like a smart ass they will fine you. Cops are like parents they feel like they have power over you so they treat you like shit whenever they want.

last part is so true. as much as you wanna feel like a badass for mouthing off to them, it's better you don't.

I remember one time 2 friends & I got caught riding at a big bust spot and he was half being a dick but half being chill. He was all "blah blah blah you guys should know damn well by now, look over there and tell me what that sign says! You guys are lucky I didn't get a call or I'd issue fines out for all 3 of you!"

He said his method with dealing with us was that if someone calls the trespassing in, he gives us a warning or fines if we've been previously warned before, but if he's just strolling by and sees us, he just tells us to leave.

Right as he's about to leave, my one friend got smart with him and said "We don't got nowhere else to fuckin go." so the cop walked back over and they mouthed off for awhile before he said "Alright, I'm just gonna issue you a fine since you don't know how to just leave like your buddies here."

|

4/3/2013 10:35 PM

^^^^ Yea totally =P Although gotta keep in mind some cops are dicks just for the sake of being dicks maybe they're assholes in their family relationships you'll meet chill cops and cops that are assholes. Sometimes it's just best to eat your pride and just stay quiet... Although If the cops start beating on you for no fucking reason you have every right as a U.S. Citizen to defend yourself but it has to be pretty apparent he's beating you for no reason.

Most cops or security guards that you'll encounter will act tough when kicking you out because it's private property and if you get hurt you could legally sue the owner of the property and win the lawsuit. Some security guards are chill though I've had a chat with them and I subliminally try to get them to tell me the times they work and take a break so I can go back and ride the spot again soon as I see a security guard I bail....Keep in mind these are security guards. Security guards are WAY more lenient than cops don't fuck around with cops teasing them and shit cause they will get you. I think it sucks that we get kicked out of spots i've seen kids get out from school and start smoking weed but they don't get kicked out.... fucked up world gotta deal with stuff like that. Stereotypes.. I hope everyone that rides Bmx learns not to judge everyone based on a certain experience like people judge us.

|

4/3/2013 10:43 PM

I've been arrested twice for trespassing, all you get is a slap on the wrist, community service, small bullshit, no jail time. No mouthing off, no bullshit... Cops around here are just power stricken, instead of us pretending to be little badasses, it's them. Just show respect, running isn't always the smartest option, technically you could get in more trouble for running than trespassing, next time just show them respect, cause you might not always be lucky enough to get away. A big problem now a days is kids think they're smarter and in some cases above law... I'm all for getting that one clip in the perfect spot or riding the best spot in town, but there's no reason why cops and riders can't have an equal mutual respect.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

4/3/2013 10:47 PM

Me? wrote:

I've been arrested twice for trespassing, all you get is a slap on the wrist, community service, small bullshit, no jail time. No mouthing off, no bullshit... Cops around here are just power stricken, instead of us pretending to be little badasses, it's them. Just show respect, running isn't always the smartest option, technically you could get in more trouble for running than trespassing, next time just show them respect, cause you might not always be lucky enough to get away. A big problem now a days is kids think they're smarter and in some cases above law... I'm all for getting that one clip in the perfect spot or riding the best spot in town, but there's no reason why cops and riders can't have an equal mutual respect.

Technically if they don't put their sirens/lights on.. they're not chasing you. So if a cop does go after you run all you want & if you get away, then fuck yeah haha, but if you get caught and they try saying you ran from them, you can fight that easily. You can easily get away with saying you didn't know they were after you or something. Once the sirens/lights come on though, then just stop.

At least how that's how it is here.. I got chased before and no sirens or anything were put on but eventually I got fucked cause I didn't make it across traffic in time, he bitched at me for running and I said he didn't have his lights/sirens on and that I was simply leaving (even though I was hauling ass) and he let it go.

|

4/4/2013 3:42 AM

Nah never got arrested, I got stopped a few times for grinding on rails and once for trespassing in a school that has this amazing ledge that goes into a drop, perfect spot!
I might post pics if it stops fucking raining.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/4/2013 7:40 AM

never been arrested. yelled at, told to leave, and got warnings. usually for riding parks that arent for bikes and staying out too late. but i almost always get kicked out of the one spot if the one security guy is working. its like the only street spot because i live in bumf*** nowhere college town bethany. still a sick spot and always worth it. we usually try to get security to chase us (not in a bad way) but in like a way that we can mess around. since there is nobody around in the summer he can do what he wants so we race him! haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

4/4/2013 7:47 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

never been arrested. yelled at, told to leave, and got warnings. usually for riding parks that arent for bikes and staying out too late. but i almost always get kicked out of the one spot if the one security guy is working. its like the only street spot because i live in bumf*** nowhere college town bethany. still a sick spot and always worth it. we usually try to get security to chase us (not in a bad way) but in like a way that we can mess around. since there is nobody around in the summer he can do what he wants so we race him! haha

Haha racing the fat security guard while he's busy watching some old TV series and eating a donut.

|

4/4/2013 8:46 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Technically if they don't put their sirens/lights on.. they're not chasing you. So if a cop does go after you run all you want & if you get away, then fuck yeah haha, but if you get caught and they try saying you ran from them, you can fight that easily. You can easily get away with saying you didn't know they were after you or something. Once the sirens/lights come on though, then just stop.

At least how that's how it is here.. I got chased before and no sirens or anything were put on but eventually I got fucked cause I didn't make it across traffic in time, he bitched at me for running and I said he didn't have his lights/sirens on and that I was simply leaving (even though I was hauling ass) and he let it go.

Like I said, cops around here are power stricken, they don't miss a damn thing, if you run and get caught you're going to get in trouble. I know it's different every where, but like I said, technically you could get in more trouble if you run than you trespassing.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

4/4/2013 9:41 AM

Aav1996 wrote:

@last part, my friends were riding a marble ledge and I have no idea what happen'd but the whole thing collapsed and cracked... we rode to a friends house down the road and we came back the next day and it was still down, + its right next to a main road...

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

4/4/2013 3:03 PM

ive been arrested 3 fuking times for riding lmfaoo thats what happens when you ride nyc so much security and 5-0 and tons of sick marble ledges worth it though

|

516-468-9424. jdizzle.domin@aol.com Refs: Snm AN1MAL, Chris12345(x2), TCbmx, scramhype,kevinburnett,dream(x2) tomdon, mgbmx666, handlebar-to-face

4/4/2013 4:11 PM

I've gotten chased by a cop car, but that's cuz i talked back to the security guard.
just be nice to police and leave if they ask you to, since they're just doing there job and don't understand bmx like you do.

|

4/4/2013 4:30 PM

I just wrote a whole paragraph about what happened but accidentally click the "back" button on my mouse ugh *facepalm* so I'll summarize what happened ; I was accused of trespassing,vandalising,breaking and entering, being under the influence, being high on medical substances, being high on marijuana, possessing a weapon, having needle marks on my arms, being a disturbance to soceity and resisting arrest. I was LOOKING AT AN ANTHILL. The cop swore at me and did background checks and put me in handcuffs and shit. I was biking home one night and there was an anthill by a local car-lot so I was kicking it and the cop gave me shit. I was 14 at the time....

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/4/2013 5:14 PM

one time i was at the town park and we were by the river and there are rowboats tied off to a dock. We were sitting on the bench. all the sudden these girls that like maybe 18 or 20 pull out chairs and a table and start having a book talk or some shit. we were walking on the dock at one point and you are allowed to be on it. after like a half hour this cop comes up to me and my friend and says i got a call saying that you guys were throwing seaweed on the boats . we said we didnt do it and we didnt the cop was like did your parents ever tell you not to lie to the police. he didnt believe us because we were trying not to laugh. someone was there with their kids earlier but we werent on the docks when they were there. the cop was kinda being a dick but he wasnt mad or anything. the cop told us to leave. so we did. when we leaving walking up the hill with our bikes my friend said to the girls why did you call the cops on us. they said they didnt and laughed. the cop told us to keep walking. the cop talked to the girls before he talked to us when he accused us of throwing seaweed onto the boats, . we went up by the basketball courts and once the cop left my friend went back down and was like why did you guys call the cops for something we didnt even do and they laughed again and he called them stupid bitches or something i cant remember. i could see if they called the cops if we were yelling and shit, even then its wrong to, but we were quiet. there was a group of us like 7. the way we say it they called the cops because they didnt want us there. it was funny as hell though.

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

4/4/2013 5:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2013 6:07 PM

Just be chill with the cops and usually, usually things go much better.

|

Startin a new team of BMX lesbians called Bikes N Dykes

4/4/2013 6:36 PM

Mr.Buck Nasty wrote:

Just be chill with the cops and usually, usually things go much better.

usually cops where i live are cool about stuff (unless its something bad) like one time we were hanging out at this park in my town its in the center of my town with a gazebo. we were hanging out in the park across the street from a house. these two kids we dont hangout with just showed up and started screaming fuck, and being obnoxious as hell. when they were screaming i was across the street buying a drink and all the sudden this old guy is yelling at them and saying hes calling the cops. so the cop shows up and is like. i know that guy is annoying and we get complaints about you guys a lot (meaning me and my friends). the cop just told us to hangout at the gazebo next time. since we werent being smart asses the cop was chill. another time the same thing happened without those two kids being there and people werent screaming and the same old dude comes out and starts screaming at us and telling us to get off his property and telling us we were going to hell. it was funny but i went with my non idiot friends to the gazebo. my smart ass friends went back and stayed in the street if front of the guys house. the guy might have threatened us but i cant remember that guy has yelled at us a lot. the street isnt that guys property and he said it was thats why my friends went back. i know it isnt his property but it is right in front of his house

|

4/4/2013 6:50 PM

G-LandRider wrote:

one time i was at the town park and we were by the river and there are rowboats tied off to a dock. We were sitting on the bench. all the sudden these girls that like maybe 18 or 20 pull out chairs and a table and start having a book talk or some shit. we were walking on the dock at one point and you are allowed to be on it. after like a half hour this cop comes up to me and my friend and says i got a call saying that you guys were throwing seaweed on the boats . we said we didnt do it and we didnt the cop was like did your parents ever tell you not to lie to the police. he didnt believe us because we were trying not to laugh. someone was there with their kids earlier but we werent on the docks when they were there. the cop was kinda being a dick but he wasnt mad or anything. the cop told us to leave. so we did. when we leaving walking up the hill with our bikes my friend said to the girls why did you call the cops on us. they said they didnt and laughed. the cop told us to keep walking. the cop talked to the girls before he talked to us when he accused us of throwing seaweed onto the boats, . we went up by the basketball courts and once the cop left my friend went back down and was like why did you guys call the cops for something we didnt even do and they laughed again and he called them stupid bitches or something i cant remember. i could see if they called the cops if we were yelling and shit, even then its wrong to, but we were quiet. there was a group of us like 7. the way we say it they called the cops because they didnt want us there. it was funny as hell though.

good story. people always gotta be on your case hahah. how old were u at the time

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Email: benignimatt@gmail.com
Xbox GT: CreeD Viibez

4/4/2013 6:50 PM

I got put in hand cuffs but we where let go except for my one friend because he was over 18, he went to jail for a month but me and my other friend had 3 months of some judo class... Ya i know wtf, i would have been cool if we wernt forced to go, and ill admit it was fun learn to flip people and fight my friend but most of it was doing push ups for hours... But anyways we got caught after breaking into a school to grind some really nice ledges they had, and then play manhunt, and at that point two of my friends are on the roof and one yells cops and just jumps down and we have to find the others cause where playing manhunt... So where yelling to my one friend "dude theres cops we gotta go" and guess what... He didnt believe us right away... So he finally get down and we are all halling ass to the door we open it and theres cops in the distance, so we try five more dore before finding a safe exit but after were out the fence had barb wire and lead to some sort of work plant -_- so we just decide to sit and wait for doom. Then we call are friend who had left earlier, just try to guess who answers, the fucking cops "are you guys still in the school?" And my friend hangs up on him... So we continue to sit there and my one friend who got 1 month thinks hes going away for 15 years idk... So he begging us "please guys give yourself up the worst you get is a warning" ya right.. Not after destroying ledge and taking a piss infront of the camera while flicking it off, after like an hour we all deside to surender, or so i thought, so we all get up and we walking with one hand up other on our bikes and i look back and all my friends except one are walking in the other direction df? Then what do you know fucking helicopter... Anyways me and my friend surrender, and the cop says one climb other at a time and pass the bikes so we climp the fence and were put in hand cuffs next thing you know my other friends come around the corner followed by two cops with dogs and guns drawn, at this point im just think we are fucking fucked... Then they tell us to call our parents, and im just thinking foreal? You had helicopters out here and we just call our parents to get us sweet. Then they gave us the place to go to talk about punishment and the guy i talked to was chill af hes like i suport you guys and what you do just dont be hopping fences, and he knew a couple skateparks lol anyways he said i didnt seem like the person to be there lol

|

Refs:
ac~handley -les.cheek - the_bmxist -Skids007(x4) - Roqfan - jared42069 - Bmxnick2511

4/4/2013 7:24 PM

matt X stolen X bmx wrote:

good story. people always gotta be on your case hahah. how old were u at the time

i was either 13 or 14 it happened over the summer but i cant remember if it was after my bday or not

|

4/4/2013 7:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2013 7:39 PM

kevin burnett wrote:

I got put in hand cuffs but we where let go except for my one friend because he was over 18, he went to jail for a month but me and my other friend had 3 months of some judo class... Ya i know wtf, i would have been cool if we wernt forced to go, and ill admit it was fun learn to flip people and fight my friend but most of it was doing push ups for hours... But anyways we got caught after breaking into a school to grind some really nice ledges they had, and then play manhunt, and at that point two of my friends are on the roof and one yells cops and just jumps down and we have to find the others cause where playing manhunt... So where yelling to my one friend "dude theres cops we gotta go" and guess what... He didnt believe us right away... So he finally get down and we are all halling ass to the door we open it and theres cops in the distance, so we try five more dore before finding a safe exit but after were out the fence had barb wire and lead to some sort of work plant -_- so we just decide to sit and wait for doom. Then we call are friend who had left earlier, just try to guess who answers, the fucking cops "are you guys still in the school?" And my friend hangs up on him... So we continue to sit there and my one friend who got 1 month thinks hes going away for 15 years idk... So he begging us "please guys give yourself up the worst you get is a warning" ya right.. Not after destroying ledge and taking a piss infront of the camera while flicking it off, after like an hour we all deside to surender, or so i thought, so we all get up and we walking with one hand up other on our bikes and i look back and all my friends except one are walking in the other direction df? Then what do you know fucking helicopter... Anyways me and my friend surrender, and the cop says one climb other at a time and pass the bikes so we climp the fence and were put in hand cuffs next thing you know my other friends come around the corner followed by two cops with dogs and guns drawn, at this point im just think we are fucking fucked... Then they tell us to call our parents, and im just thinking foreal? You had helicopters out here and we just call our parents to get us sweet. Then they gave us the place to go to talk about punishment and the guy i talked to was chill af hes like i suport you guys and what you do just dont be hopping fences, and he knew a couple skateparks lol anyways he said i didnt seem like the person to be there lol

Damn helicopters for riding on school property, sounds to me like your police dep. watched too many SWAT TV shows lol.
Still must have been scary.
Reminds me of this.
Photo

|

4/4/2013 7:53 PM

I feel like this thread has boosted my reading level

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

4/4/2013 7:55 PM

Icant180 wrote:

I see not everyone applies the TLDR.

|

4/4/2013 8:06 PM

Icant180 wrote:

andyferly wrote:

I see not everyone applies the TLDR.

lol, only on the boring stuff

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

4/4/2013 9:16 PM

andyferly wrote:

Damn helicopters for riding on school property, sounds to me like your police dep. watched too many SWAT TV shows lol.
Still must have been scary.
Reminds me of this.
Photo

We hid for like two hours lol they had firetrucks there to get one the roof cause they where to pussy to climb lol the thought we where robing the school but the helicopter was really unnecessary

|

Refs:
ac~handley -les.cheek - the_bmxist -Skids007(x4) - Roqfan - jared42069 - Bmxnick2511

4/4/2013 9:55 PM

in my town we literally have one spot, but it is behind a grocery store and the cops get pissed if we go back there. one day, me and like 5 other people were grinding back there when a cop comes, we decided to just be chill and not run. but the cop was being a total dick. some other cops in my town are very understanding because we literally have NOWHERE else to ride, within like 10 miles. he gave me and my friends a $300 trespassing ticket. after sitting there for an hour, the cop made us call our parents to pick us up. when i got home i got grounded for a couple months, and on top of that i had to do a shit ton of yard work. this was during summer, and now since then i got 2 more tickets from the same douche bag for: 1) riding with no helmet 2) another trespassing (this time i was in an empty field, just drinking a monster) the dude is a total dick and is literally just looking for ways to get us in trouble.. (fyi: we always treat the landowners with respect, and they never call the cops, just Sgt. Duechbag is always posted behind places that we aren't allowed to ride at)

so after my third ticket, i had to go to some teen meeting thing once a week for 2 months. we all had to sit in a circle and discuss why we were there. all the other kids were telling full length storys and shit like "im here because I stole an xbox" or "i was caught injecting 5 whole marijuanas into my bloodstream." when it was my turn i said, "i was caught riding my bike behind Albertsons" Everyone there thought i was lieing or some shit, so i was just sitting there like a fucking idiot while everyone was staring at me waiting for me to finish my 'crime story'

so yeah, i guess i learned my lesson. but its such bullshit that theses cops are literally making biking illegal in my city, and we dont even have a park to ride. The closest one is 10 miles away, but only scoots and skates are allowed, and we get tickets if we try to sneak in. im Sorry if you read all that, i didnt mean to type a full length book.

|

4/4/2013 9:59 PM

cmores wrote:

in my town we literally have one spot, but it is behind a grocery store and the cops get pissed if we go back there. one day, me and like 5 other people were grinding back there when a cop comes, we decided to just be chill and not run. but the cop was being a total dick. some other cops in my town are very understanding because we literally have NOWHERE else to ride, within like 10 miles. he gave me and my friends a $300 trespassing ticket. after sitting there for an hour, the cop made us call our parents to pick us up. when i got home i got grounded for a couple months, and on top of that i had to do a shit ton of yard work. this was during summer, and now since then i got 2 more tickets from the same douche bag for: 1) riding with no helmet 2) another trespassing (this time i was in an empty field, just drinking a monster) the dude is a total dick and is literally just looking for ways to get us in trouble.. (fyi: we always treat the landowners with respect, and they never call the cops, just Sgt. Duechbag is always posted behind places that we aren't allowed to ride at)

so after my third ticket, i had to go to some teen meeting thing once a week for 2 months. we all had to sit in a circle and discuss why we were there. all the other kids were telling full length storys and shit like "im here because I stole an xbox" or "i was caught injecting 5 whole marijuanas into my bloodstream." when it was my turn i said, "i was caught riding my bike behind Albertsons" Everyone there thought i was lieing or some shit, so i was just sitting there like a fucking idiot while everyone was staring at me waiting for me to finish my 'crime story'

so yeah, i guess i learned my lesson. but its such bullshit that theses cops are literally making biking illegal in my city, and we dont even have a park to ride. The closest one is 10 miles away, but only scoots and skates are allowed, and we get tickets if we try to sneak in. im Sorry if you read all that, i didnt mean to type a full length book.

You should have fought the trespassing one. You would have easily won if the landowners said you could ride there. A cop does not decide where and where is not trespassing, the owner of the land decides that. And if they said it's okay, all you would have had to do is told the cop "See ya in court dickhead" minus the dickhead part haha, but then show up to court after getting written consent or something from the land owner and make the cop look like an idiot.

|

4/4/2013 10:12 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

You should have fought the trespassing one. You would have easily won if the landowners said you could ride there. A cop does not decide where and where is not trespassing, the owner of the land decides that. And if they said it's okay, all you would have had to do is told the cop "See ya in court dickhead" minus the dickhead part haha, but then show up to court after getting written consent or something from the land owner and make the cop look like an idiot.

the landowners didnt really like us being there. but they never called the police on us. sometimes, if we were being loud or something, they would just ask us nicely to leave. i dont think that they would give us consent to be there though. but right now we are trying to petition for a skate park.

|