Polishing Alluminum

Related:
Create New Tag

5/15/2013 7:28 AM

I know there was a thread like this a few weeks back, but I wanted a fresh one. I want to polish hubs. They're already stripped.

I want a detailed instructions on how to polish them to almost a chrome look/finish.

GO

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/15/2013 7:37 AM

lots of steele wool and a polishing agent, like chrome polish or something, use a coarse steel wool, than move to a finer one than use the chrome polish

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

5/15/2013 7:57 AM

So you rawer them. Now go buy mothers aluminum polish
First steel wool the surface, then take a paper towel and rub the hubs. They towel will get a black residue which means its working. Just cover the hub in polish, then take a micro fiber rag and wipe it off (softer the rag the better) put some elbow grease into it to get it shiny or just a buffing wheel on a bench grinder or a drill. Then you can clear coat to help hold the shiny. It'll dull it slightly though.

Wala!

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/15/2013 7:58 AM

get a drill and a fine wire wheel. thats how i polish my stem

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Email: benignimatt@gmail.com
Xbox GT: CreeD Viibez

5/15/2013 9:25 AM

Come on bastards. Pictures would be nice too, of what you've polished.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/15/2013 10:52 AM

yeah I don't have pictures but mothers mag and aluminum polish works good, I just used a rag to polish it

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/15/2013 11:52 AM

|

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/15/2013 11:53 AM

|

5/15/2013 12:05 PM

You polish that Allen key too? Lol

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/15/2013 5:54 PM

Yeah hhahah

|

5/15/2013 6:07 PM

How long do you think it will take me to do a rim? Also, will I be able to do a good job first try?

|

5/15/2013 6:34 PM

The time mainly depends on how easy the ano comes off. Just watch it close. That shot will boil and eat your parts. Don't enclose it, toss it in a bath tub, lather it with oven cleaner, wait 15 minutes, you'll see if it's taken effect (the bubbles will have color floating in them), wipe it down with a paper towel and repeat. After its off the rim will e dark grey, buff it with steel wool, apply polish to a rag, wipe over it nice and good (literally wipe, don't put the entire jar on it). Then get a different rag that hella softer and rub until it shines. Then either keep doing that or just a buffing wheel and boom. You have a polished rim

For a rim I would leave it as a day project.

|

5/15/2013 6:36 PM

It's rawed I just need polished

|