Poopy chain alignment

Related:
Create New Tag

3/21/2014 7:16 PM

So I finally got my mission cranks on and I honestly love them so far, anyway I had to ghetto rig it with spacers to take space up on the spindle and my crank space on the chai stay is way off (don't like that) and now because I tryed to even it out as best as I could my sprocket and chain pop and creak so the chain alignment is very off anything I can do to stop the chain from popping and tearing my sprocket off and note the cranks will not come off, like would a half link work better? I want to stop the popping and creaks

|

3/21/2014 8:03 PM

pics?

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/21/2014 8:10 PM

Photo

Photo

Photo
|

3/21/2014 8:11 PM

Pretty sure it shows everything

|

3/21/2014 8:15 PM

that spacer in between the sprocket and the bearing. why is that there? is it a normal spacer? if so take that out and voila it should be fixed.

|

Deviant BMX store

3/21/2014 8:17 PM

it keeps the cranks more evenly spaced away from the chain stay and the cranks dont move at all so i need something to stop this sound

|

3/21/2014 8:32 PM

huntsforbunz wrote:

it keeps the cranks more evenly spaced away from the chain stay and the cranks dont move at all so i need something to stop ...more

just switch it to the other side. I can 99 percent guarantee that that is the reason why.

|

Deviant BMX store

3/21/2014 8:33 PM

It might just be the pic's but looks like the axle's are kinda off try to straighten the wheel better? I know it's annoying i had the same problem before...

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

3/21/2014 8:35 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

just switch it to the other side. I can 99 percent guarantee that that is the reason why.

could be this too.

|

3/21/2014 8:37 PM

deviant i CAN NOT TAKE THE CRANKS OFF

mikel i did that and make the chain tighter so it cant really pop or lift seemed to fix it alittle cant tell for sure right now due to not being able to ride, do you think if i get a half link it will fix it?

|

3/21/2014 8:39 PM

Well then there is nothing you can do! unless you give the chain a crap ton of slack so that it can move sideways like that. Why cant you take the arm off?

|

Deviant BMX store

3/21/2014 8:42 PM

Doubt it.. Youtube it seriously you will probably get a better idea on how to do it..

|

3/21/2014 10:24 PM

It looks even? If not switch the BB spacers then add crank spacers on that to give it length so the chain is aligned. As long as a crank isnt rubbing you're fine.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/21/2014 10:29 PM

It doesn't look too terribly far off, maybe a bit but really hard to tell from the photos without seeing it in person.

Is that a new chain by any chance? Or new sprocket? Both of those could cause popping noises. Also if your chain is too tight.

|

3/21/2014 11:18 PM

How have you fucked new cranks already so you can't get them off?

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

3/22/2014 1:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/22/2014 1:31 AM

So basically what you are saying is that you cant take your cranks off and you need to sort something that requires you to take your cranks off to sort it

|

3/22/2014 7:47 AM

Jamie.MacMillan.28 wrote:

So basically what you are saying is that you cant take your cranks off and you need to sort something that requires you to ...more

That's what I was thinking.... What keeps you from taking the cranks off?

|

3/22/2014 3:08 PM

My alignment is kinda rubbish as well, what can i do about it?Photo

Photo

Photo

|

3/22/2014 5:00 PM

SundayFundayBMX wrote:

My alignment is kinda rubbish as well, what can i do about it?Photo

Photo

Photo

Take the small cone spacer out and use a small washer or two to get the sprocket closer to the bb

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.