Possible trans yellow?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/30/2013 10:32 PM

So im buying my friends bars off him(to help him out and i just want extra bars) and i want to repaint them trans yellow. So has anyone done this before? If so how did it come out? And i was wondering if duplicolor metalcast with a yellow cap work? Also can someone give me a brief explanation on how to do it or just put a link to a fourum with it please since the search bar isn't working on my phone

|

whip cream pouring like waterfalls!!!!

4/30/2013 10:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/30/2013 10:39 PM

This girl did a how to

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/How-to-paint-parts-trans-red,1280673

SBC did one too, I can't find it at the moment, hold on
here: www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/How-to-properly-spray-paint-your-bike,1271417

the trans discussion is spewed about though, personally I'd use the first link I posted cause she did a good job with it. Not that SBC didn't, just cause she explained trans more in depth IMO

|

4/30/2013 10:41 PM

Thanks i was looking for that one but vital has been acting stupid on my phone my only question left is what would happen if i put a matte coat on it

|

5/1/2013 4:04 AM

edward_the_bird wrote:

Thanks i was looking for that one but vital has been acting stupid on my phone my only question left is what would happen if i put a matte coat on it

Then you would not get a translucent effect.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/1/2013 2:08 PM

Ok thanks :D

|

5/1/2013 6:41 PM

you can see through mat clear.

|

5/2/2013 5:52 AM

ill just do it to my old forks which are bent and see how it comes out

|

5/2/2013 6:27 AM

edward_the_bird wrote:

ill just do it to my old forks which are bent and see how it comes out

That's a good idea, if it come out nice then do it to your frame.
Post pics, I'm interested in this.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/2/2013 11:25 AM

Im going to paint the bars trans yellow for my flatland bike that im going to complete through the summer so my color scheme can be gray and trans yellow but im waiting for the bone deth penetrator cranks to come put so i can put those on my bike and put my thunderbolts on the flat land one although if i want to ill try it on the flatland forks if it i do it good

|