Post your favorite build / bike-check / etc

Related:
Create New Tag

9/12/2015 4:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/12/2015 4:19 PM

Post 'em!

I'll start with a recent favorite bike of mine (from a user here actually, user 'flea')

Photo

(I'm looking for inspiration, as I'm about to replace a few parts and not sure what colors to get them in, and will likely be refinishing my frame around that)

[LINK TO IMAGE]

I'm almost tempted to try this style, already have the tape and most of my colors but hesitant to pull the trigger..
Photo or
Photo
^both are user 'charlielambourne's from this site

|

9/12/2015 4:22 PM

Right now I'm in love with this 20.5" project/backup bike, i've moved all my best hardware to it and it's tuned and rides great, but the frame is just a shitty flat-black basecoat I put on it, it's not a finished coat in any sense. I always do low-sheen black but wanted to try something different this time, and to separate from my other bike (my united looks identical to this bike..))

|

9/12/2015 6:05 PM

Photo

Fit wifi, inman bars, tl stem, light, gold bling, khe and maxxis tire etc.
|

45 refs and counting check profile.

9/12/2015 6:20 PM

Four wrote: Photo

You just posted this because of the giant ears

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/12/2015 6:22 PM

rapist seat

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/12/2015 9:06 PM

Photo

My old bike before it and my Kona got stolen R.I.P

Photo

Luke Parkers bike from Colony looks amazing . Fat , motorcycle tired , slimmer brown seat , hourglass HT with the low profile graphics and the over all build just is something I really like .
|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/12/2015 10:20 PM

nice ears m8

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

9/12/2015 10:28 PM

Garrett's Fiend
Photo

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

9/13/2015 7:13 AM

One that someone posted a while back.
Photo

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

9/13/2015 8:46 AM

Justin Care's bike Photo

|

9/13/2015 9:24 PM

bmx-ism, i've always hated the look of using spacers under stem when you've got a front load, it just doesn't flow so great to me...ditch the spacers and get topload and/or taller bars. Looks more natural.. His teal green fiend was like that, too, was also sick as this one is!

|

9/13/2015 9:48 PM

adfkje wrote:

bmx-ism, i've always hated the look of using spacers under stem when you've got a front load, it just doesn't flow so great to ...more

I'm just really into the geo mostly, the bike looks just like any other blacked out bike.

I prefer the look of front loads over top loads personally. You say it doesn't 'flow', that's probably why I like it.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

9/13/2015 11:49 PM

Broken bmx dirt jumper

|

9/14/2015 5:44 AM

adfkje, the hatch-markings are done with window screen, it will be WAYYYYYY easier instead of taping.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/14/2015 7:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2015 7:23 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

adfkje, the hatch-markings are done with window screen, it will be WAYYYYYY easier instead of taping.

I believe he may have been talking about drywall mesh tape like thisTaco or Balls

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

9/15/2015 10:08 AM

jp_sucks that's dope!

|

9/15/2015 10:14 AM

Dave Lawrence, can you explain more have you tried this? Kokxxy is right, that is the product I have on-hand to do this with, in fact I used it one before I ever heard of this, I put it on a fixie's (raw steel) sprocket and sprayed black; the lines were not nearly as sharp as I'd hoped they'd be, and I'd given-up on using that in paint-work since until seeing this 'betley' style of it on bmx frames. DaveLawrence you are probably very very right though, that window-screen would make a far sharper line (although you'd have to tape it in-place, so you could really only do 1 side of the bike at a time I think)

I've googled a lot on that style of painting, seen some dope ones and seen some that I'd simply black-over if they were mine! Have got a ton of ideas though, am strongly considering the 'galaxy' colors (dark blues/purples, black, white bursts) but also a navy/gold/white approach, think I need to do this on cardboard before approaching my bike!

|

9/15/2015 11:20 AM

My fave build is my bike tongue kissing
Photo

Re plated frame and bars ^v^

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

9/17/2015 1:20 PM

'plated'? With what?

|

9/18/2015 7:41 AM

Whats that head tube badge anyway?

PS

I quite like that galaxy/tape color combo.... But nah, I won't run it, I like dark and sombre themes....

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

9/18/2015 7:44 AM

adfkje wrote:

'plated'? With what?

Copper plated yo

|

please embed videos

My art c:

[b]

9/18/2015 7:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2015 7:47 AM

Skylight wrote:

PS

I quite like that galaxy/tape color combo.... But nah, I won't run it, I like dark and ...more

Subrosa :D

|

please embed videos

My art c:

[b]

9/18/2015 8:00 PM

Photo

|

9/18/2015 8:04 PM

Photo

|

9/20/2015 9:04 AM

Skylight wrote:

PS

I quite like that galaxy/tape color combo.... But nah, I won't run it, I like dark and ...more

that's my general feeling, but lately with my running 2 bikes at once (trying to dial-in perfect setup), I am constantly confusing them because they are both matte black and look identical! So really gotta do *something* to make one visually different haha

|

9/20/2015 9:05 AM

oahz24 - holy god is that thing clean!!

|

9/20/2015 9:41 AM

adfkje wrote:

oahz24 - holy god is that thing clean!!

http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/Colony-Fan,47820/setup,87227?ptab It's from one of our members too!

|