Powerblocks or Streetblocks?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/21/2013 11:19 PM

Everybody has powerblocks, yet they aren't even that strong? mainly for only park use and apparently
the sidewalls blowout???

Nobody has street blocks but they are just as light and overall better tires?
What tires do you guys think i should use??

Are they the same? I've never had any other tires other than Odysseys...
I only ride park and i never ride dirt anymore, i don't ride street.
I'm a fairly smooth rider,

Do you guys think i should have a powerblock front and streetblock rear?

Or powerblock front & back or streetblock front and back?
Apparently they are smooth and quite durable...

Anybody use them? Give me a quick review?

|

4/21/2013 11:25 PM

Fit faf

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/21/2013 11:28 PM

future FBM wrote:

Fit faf

That's not my damn question...
I don't like fit faf's, and i can't afford $60 for just 1 fucking tire.

|

4/21/2013 11:34 PM

future FBM wrote:

Fit faf

jake-loves-to-ride wrote:

Calm down. You typed as if you knew what you were talking about yet ended with a question mark. Are you makin a statement or asking a question? Because honestly both those tires suck a fat ass dick. And even in AUS aren't steel bead fafs cheaper?
Aitkens are good, paths are good, kinks are both good, demo matchetes are good. Anything but khe, maxis, tioga.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/22/2013 12:13 AM

future FBM wrote:

Fit faf

future FBM wrote:

Calm down. You typed as if you knew what you were talking about yet ended with a question mark. Are you makin a statement or asking a question? Because honestly both those tires suck a fat ass dick. And even in AUS aren't steel bead fafs cheaper?
Aitkens are good, paths are good, kinks are both good, demo matchetes are good. Anything but khe, maxis, tioga.

FIT FAF is $60 AUD and powerblocks and streetblocks are like $20-30 AUD.

I don't wear out tires quickly so i was looking for something cheap, light and reliable.

I have Odyssey Path's and i don't like them. the tread lasts for a long time but they feel really sluggish.
100PSI still feels like 75-80.
They feel super stiff and feel like ass.

KHE, MAXIS and TIOGA all make good tires? i don't know what you're talking about.

I want smooth, semi-reliable, light tires.
I never asked for what tire you like, i asked basically if someone had to choose between the two what they would do and someone who rides them if they are decent?

I made statements and questions. But im sorry that im not rich enough to spend $120 on tires.

|

4/22/2013 12:39 AM

Maxxis grifter

|

4/22/2013 1:05 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Maxxis grifter

i checked those out on my mates bike, i like the foldable version, not the non-foldable, but everybody is starting to have them, and im not a big fan of the new maxxis, i have an M-tread thats lasted 6 years haah.

|

4/22/2013 1:17 AM

I had Grifters. Thing was amazing. Gripped like other. But it also got a giant hole in it without me even having time to wear it out sooo idk.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/22/2013 1:19 AM

Spenlard wrote:

I had Grifters. Thing was amazing. Gripped like other. But it also got a giant hole in it without me even having time to wear it out sooo idk.

yeah my mate said he would never ever ride street with them, and he took his pegs off just cause they worn so quickly on the walls.

|

4/22/2013 2:13 AM

Spenlard wrote:

yeah my mate said he would never ever ride street with them, and he took his pegs off just cause they worn so quickly on the walls.

I'm pegless. It was on the tread haha.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/22/2013 5:44 AM

I have a powerblock on my freecoaster, it is a lower PSI tire, sidewalls aren't great if you grind all the time, they don't last terribly long, but they are light. They actually were designed as a race tire. (Obviously streetblocks weren't).

I would look into something else for a longer life/better sidewall if you grind a lot.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/22/2013 6:11 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I have a powerblock on my freecoaster, it is a lower PSI tire, sidewalls aren't great if you grind all the time, they don't last terribly long, but they are light. They actually were designed as a race tire. (Obviously streetblocks weren't).

I would look into something else for a longer life/better sidewall if you grind a lot.

i dont grind at all. what do you think, powerblocks?

|

4/22/2013 7:05 AM

As long as they offer a higher PSI (100ish) tire, and it is all you can afford, go for it I guess. I see them worn all the time from racers getting less than half a season (racing 2-4 times a week and minimal training).

I rarely ride my coaster so that is why mine has lasted so long.

What other options do you have in that price point?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/22/2013 8:06 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

As long as they offer a higher PSI (100ish) tire, and it is all you can afford, go for it I guess. I see them worn all the time from racers getting less than half a season (racing 2-4 times a week and minimal training).

I rarely ride my coaster so that is why mine has lasted so long.

What other options do you have in that price point?

streetblock or powerblock... i want KHE MAC 2 tires, but they are $50 each

Just wanted to try out the powerblocks for fun

|