Premium Aurora??

Related:
Create New Tag

7/29/2017 5:43 PM

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on this.

http://www.albes.com/premium-aurora-v-2-BMX-frame/

|

7/29/2017 11:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2017 11:30 PM

If men weren't slowly turning in to women, all these scrawny armed kids, 13.75 would be totally fine. Kids just want everything to be easy. 15" is long.
I think it looks like a nice frame. I'd go for it.

|

7/30/2017 2:13 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

If men weren't slowly turning in to women, all these scrawny armed kids, 13.75 would be totally fine. Kids just want ...more

this.
every frame looks the same these days, super short back end, steep headtube, long standover and diffrent stickers
its like kids are scared of 13"+ cs just because some shitty vlogger told them it makes everything easier

|

7/30/2017 2:14 AM

Old local rode one and did backflips and barrel rolls with it for years and it lasted him . The dude is a local legend around here . His body is fucked now but he was a gifted biker for sure .

I rode a CK and loved it , and seeing him ride would make me feel confident on an aurora .

As well I'm at 13.25 right now on my frame and it's wayyyy to short for me I'm planning on getting a frame that's 13.5 slammed so I can run it about 13.75 . Way more stable and manuals are so much easier

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/30/2017 6:41 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

If men weren't slowly turning in to women, all these scrawny armed kids, 13.75 would be totally fine. Kids just want ...more

tiho wrote:

this.
every frame looks the same these days, super short back end, steep headtube, long standover and diffrent stickers
its ...more

I think the days of cookie cutter frames are over with hydroform technology, and companies bringing back retro designs.

|

7/30/2017 8:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2017 8:18 AM

Lol it's because times are changing and 13 inch chain stays feel way better to most people. Unless you're roasting trails and 6'2 or whatever generally a 14 inch cs feels like shit especially up with a long tt.

Edit: @OP
It's a premium frame and after market it's good quality just outdated so it's cheap af so is the gutter shark. I'd cop one if I needed it

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/30/2017 9:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2017 9:08 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

tiho wrote:

this.
its ...more

Agree, us old guys that get back on after years of not riding are so lost. Every time I get on my bike now, I'm amazed how unstable it feels to me. It's so short, I feel like one of those circus bears that ride the tiny bikes. Super short bikes, steep offset ht, short front/rear ends and giant handlebars. Man, how the times have changed.

|

7/30/2017 9:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2017 9:31 AM

I noticed when I watch guys ride with a super short back end, it makes their style look weird to me. I can literally tell when a frame is under 13" by the way it's ridden. It's hard to explain, but I think it's ruining style. Everything looks kind of sketchy, and they always look like they are on the verge of looping out when they land a little back heavy, which seems to be most of the time for some reason.
I think the average weight of BMX riders has gone down by like 30 pounds in the last 15 years too. Probably mostly muscle weight. There were no scrawny guys back in the mid school days. Not many at least. Now it's the majority. Not saying this is good or bad, but I am sure it has a lot to do with back ends getting shorter. These guys can't physically ride long back ends because they aren't strong enough. I'll tell you this though, it is a lot easier to pick up a bike and learn tricks on, but the pop is gone, and you can see it in the riding style.
I'm pretty skinny myself so I can't say much lol. I noticed after working out a little how much easier it was to throw my bike around. Kids want everything to be easy, and handed to them, another reason for the short back end. I'm not hating, ride what you like. It's just an observation. I found I like 13.5 the best, but I wouldn't have a problem with 13.75. anything longer, and I'd have to do a few more push ups, but I'd get used to it.

|

7/30/2017 9:36 AM

Looks good. 13.75" is an excellent backend size, can still ride tech stuff and not throw your bike out from under you on every hop.

|

7/30/2017 9:38 AM

I decided I'm pulling the trigger on this.
This frame is very similar to the Haro Zebra I had and I love that frame.

|

7/30/2017 9:56 AM

I agree the 13 and under back ends are kinda sketch lol. 13.3-13.6 is pretty nice imo. I myself ride 13.65 because the short back ends were too twitchy for manuals and shit. I just think that 13.75 and larger are a little extreme nowadays just like how 12.75 is kinda extreme. 13.4-.5 would be a nice medium imo.

we need more average in bmx everything is either huge or tiny its lame af for the medium sized guys out there

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/30/2017 10:52 AM

I notice allot of frames are pretty similar in geometry these days , seems with the street craze every frame now has a stupidly tall standover height , pain in the ass for a short guy who likes no footed can cans

|

7/30/2017 11:10 AM

Everything is exactly the same, but I guess that's because it's what sells. It's our own fault things are the way they are. If you really look, you can find what you want. It's all out there. Might not be too common, but you can find pretty much anything nowadays. I just thought it was funny that 13.75 is considered disgustingly long. Times have changed.

|

7/30/2017 5:58 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I notice allot of frames are pretty similar in geometry these days , seems with the street craze every frame now has a ...more

Funny that 10 years ago every frame was a tailwhip machine

|

7/31/2017 7:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2017 7:50 AM

so I can't either? Lol. What makes you so special? Get the frame it looks like a sweet deal. 13.75 is not long at all. That's my point.

|