Premium Makes Frames

Related:
Create New Tag

3/30/2016 12:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2016 12:55 AM

Photo

New frame is coming out eventually , it's not just a parts sponsor anymore , although probably more invested in parts then frames .

In the mean time I'm actually sanding my CK , I looked for paint stripped but it was OOS so I bought sandpaper . Medium and fine grit . This is it so far , I actually put like 30+ minutes into it . It's not that shiny , it's pretty scratched ( the gloss coat) so a couple more rounds and the frame is getting sprayed soon . I'm not making it all raw , I'm scratching up the paint so the new coat will have something to stick too . I'm not overly concerned with the final product , although it should be decent.

Photo

Here is a super rough idea of my spare bike / CK , this isn't close as this was made in like 2 minutes and the app didn't have all the features that will be the final product

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/30/2016 12:56 AM

Photo

Can't add a picture in editing , oops
|

My Cult 2 Short

3/30/2016 6:56 AM

Black and chrome always looks badass so you can't go wrong.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

3/30/2016 7:07 AM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

Black and chrome always looks badass so you can't go wrong.

agreed, gotta love the classic look

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

3/30/2016 7:54 AM

I'm confused, they've always made frames?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/30/2016 11:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2016 11:28 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I'm confused, they've always made frames?

This.

Since pretty close to, if not day one.

But also I would sand to make things SMOOTH. So use rough grit to remove all gloss and smooth over chips etc, then a fine grit to remove the rough grit lines. Then wipe it down, then primer, then dry then primer then dry then paint, then dry then paint then dry then paint, then dry for a bit (usually an hour or two) then start with THIN COATS of clear.

Then when the last coat of clear is on, let it sit. My frame was painted on a Friday I think, and assembled on a Tuesday. I was still VERY cautious of scratching the paint, because spraypaint is never super durable. I even used engine paint. (6-8 bucks a can). Start to finish probably took me around 3-5 days of actually working on it (there was around a week and a half where the frame was apart). I rode it for 5 mins after assembly to make sure things were snug etc, and now it is hanging on a wall, over two weeks after starting it all up. It should be fully dry at this point.

Don't buy the cheap crap paint, because it is crap.

I've been curious how a plasti-dip would hold up if done correctly on a frame. Maybe I will try that next time.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/31/2016 12:51 AM

Premium was going to focus on only making parts from my assumption based on Chad's welcome to Haro Interview / Premium exit . So it's cool that they still make frames. .

I'm not getting that intricate , impatient and no time ... plus my local shop is closing on the 3rd and they say I need to be there Sunday at the most to have it built up with no customers

|

My Cult 2 Short

3/31/2016 8:07 AM

Nah i thought it was some kind of contest&the winners got to do the R&D for a frame.i could be wrong but...yea premium has had 2 of the sickest riders in the world on them&bounce out on em at least one of em started their own co.&the other one uh well pretty much sold out in my book .but screw it .it's bmx fool

|

3/31/2016 2:20 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

This.

Since pretty close to, if not day one.

But also I would sand to make things SMOOTH. So use rough grit to remove all ...more

Why would you waste money on engine paint? It's designed for high heat, not designed to be extra tough to get smashed on lol.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine