Premium Serial Number

Related:
Create New Tag

5/7/2013 1:23 PM

Hey... I picked up a Premium Products frame off craigslist the other day and I'd like to find out what year it was made (and hopefully the model). Does anyone know how to decipher Premium serial numbers?

|

I don't ride a BMX bike to look cool to others, I do it because it's fun and never do I think "Boy I sure am cool on my BMX bike."
- Capt. Nemo

5/7/2013 1:34 PM

email premium and give them the serial #. they will tell you exactly what it is

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/7/2013 1:53 PM

Yeah, I did... weeks ago. They gave me nothing back so far. smile

|

I don't ride a BMX bike to look cool to others, I do it because it's fun and never do I think "Boy I sure am cool on my BMX bike."
- Capt. Nemo

5/7/2013 1:53 PM

what is the serial number?

|

5/7/2013 3:29 PM

It is PR2W8N3121.

|

- Capt. Nemo

5/7/2013 3:35 PM

No idea, might be stock cause sometimes it'll have some kind of indication in there. Like if it were the Deathtrap frame, it might be like PR####DT205 or something, PR for Premium, numbers, then DT for Deathtrap & 205 for frame size. but I'm not sure

|

5/7/2013 4:36 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

No idea, might be stock cause sometimes it'll have some kind of indication in there. Like if it were the Deathtrap frame, it might be like PR####DT205 or something, PR for Premium, numbers, then DT for Deathtrap & 205 for frame size. but I'm not sure

Pics?
It would definitely help decipher if its stock or not

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/7/2013 5:01 PM

If it helps, I think I've got it down to somewhere in the 2009 range, judging by pics of other Premium bikes over on the museum. I'm pretty sure it's stock... any spot on the frame in particular you'd like pics of? Or just generic, here's my bike kinda pics?

|

- Capt. Nemo

5/7/2013 5:04 PM

iamtim wrote:

If it helps, I think I've got it down to somewhere in the 2009 range, judging by pics of other Premium bikes over on the museum. I'm pretty sure it's stock... any spot on the frame in particular you'd like pics of? Or just generic, here's my bike kinda pics?

Just like sides, top, bottom, gussets thats about it.

|

Instagram

5/7/2013 5:05 PM

iamtim wrote:

a pic of the frame like you'd see in a catalog, picture of the dropouts, the chainstay/BB junction, and where the headtube meets the top & down tubes. that way we can see a full pic of it, dropouts & headtube/gusset marking, and the CS/BB junction to get an idea of what it is

|

5/7/2013 5:17 PM

Also, I need to find one out lol
Pr1w8g0419

|

Instagram

5/7/2013 6:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2013 6:49 PM

Here's a collection of pics I just snapped:

http://sdrv.ms/11gWCos

D'oh, I forgot to do a full-frame shot. Sorry, I'll get one next time I'm outside. I'm pretty sure it's a stock/complete of some sort. Not that it matters, but it's got a 21" top tube.

|

- Capt. Nemo

5/7/2013 7:07 PM

Nice frame, I like that color a lot

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/7/2013 7:43 PM

Thanks, I like it too. The forks are orange, which I'm not too fond of, but the frame color is great.

|

- Capt. Nemo

5/8/2013 5:58 AM

iamtim wrote:

Thanks, I like it too. The forks are orange, which I'm not too fond of, but the frame color is great.

Ugg orange lol if they are keepers then I would raw them and either leave them like that or paint them black that would look good wit the frame

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/8/2013 6:21 AM

Fames in good shape. i think the duos came in an gray color in 2010. no standout features on that frame.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/8/2013 6:29 AM

iamtim wrote:

Purple bike wrote:

Ugg orange lol if they are keepers then I would raw them and either leave them like that or paint them black that would look good wit the frame

They're good, solid, Premium forks. Definitely keepers. However, I'm working a deal for a Standard Bash fork for it. If that falls through, yeah, the orange fork is going black. smile

|

- Capt. Nemo

5/8/2013 6:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2013 6:48 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Fames in good shape. i think the duos came in an gray color in 2010. no standout features on that frame.

Yeah, I was thinking it was a duo. The seat that came with it, though, isn't a pivotal and the 2009 duo came with a pivotal. And I can't find a good pic of a 2008 duo to compare.

|

- Capt. Nemo

5/8/2013 12:03 PM

Before this falls off the first page, just thought I'd bump it one more time. smile

|

- Capt. Nemo

5/8/2013 12:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2013 12:21 PM

iamtim wrote:

Before this falls off the first page, just thought I'd bump it one more time. smile

2008 Duos

|

Instagram

5/8/2013 12:21 PM

|

Instagram

5/8/2013 12:42 PM

That looks like it. I think that's right on the money. Found an old Albes page on it ( http://www.albes.com/browseproducts/PREMIUM-DUO-STOCK-BIKE-2008-Model.html ) which says it's full chromoly frame. 20.8", which is a bit short of the 21" it was sold to me as, but... it feels great when I ride it and I don't know how big of a difference .2" is going to make anyway.

Not bad, not bad at all. Thanks for helping me out, folks. smile

|

- Capt. Nemo

5/8/2013 3:55 PM

2009 Premium InspirED Bike
Premium Frame w/21"TT, DB DT, Full Crmo, Mid BB, Internal HT
Photo

|

100+REFS
I'm on the Vital legit list.
Terrible One!
Mutiny Loosefer.
Tumblr.
PSN- timm-377