Premium vs. Sabrosa

Related:
Create New Tag

4/7/2021 7:33 PM

Looking for opinions
I’m looking for a used BMX for not a lot of money.
I found a Premium Solo and I found a Sabrosa Salvador. But I also found a Custom bike that has a Volume frame. I’m mainly looking for opinions on the Premium vs. the Sabrosa.
Any input would be appreciated

|

4/7/2021 10:52 PM

What’s your price range? Both those bikes have a lot of hi-tensile steel (not desired) and single walled rims. I would see if you can find a used bike that’s full chromoly within your budget. But to answer your question...

Both companies are fairly reputable and known to produce decent bikes. They are fairly similar when it comes to build quality (not full chromo, sealed bearings all around, 8-spline cranks, single walled rims, hi-tensile steel bars) but the Solo has only a chromo down tube while the Salvador has a chromo top tube, down tube and wishbone so it should be a bit stronger/more durable.

They differ more when it comes to geometry. What top tube length is the Solo your looking at? It’s available in 20, 20.5 and 21. The Salvador (non-XL) is only available in 20.5. Also the Solo has a (based on today’s standard) long chain stay (13.75) while the Salvador’s is fairly average (13.5).

I would choose between the two based solely on which bike fits you better. What’s your height and age? What type of riding do you do? The answers to these questions would best help decide which bike would be a better pick for you. But bro you’re just outside of Chicago! If you could swing it, you can probably find a bunch of nice used full chromoly bikes on OfferUp for $250-$300 all day!

|

The crap of our past fertilizes our future.

4/8/2021 4:29 AM

for like $20 more i would recommend the kink whip, you get a full cro mo set up

|

4/8/2021 4:41 AM

I prefer wethupapol and flubikes for completes

|

4/8/2021 7:26 AM

Francky wrote:

Any thoughts on the new Fot or Sonduy completes?

|

4/8/2021 9:58 AM

Francky wrote:

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

Any thoughts on the new Fot or Sonduy completes?

I like S&N and CULP personally.

|

4/8/2021 7:58 PM

younggotti wrote:

for like $20 more i would recommend the kink whip, you get a full cro mo set up

He's looking at used bikes, if they were new bikes I would agree but a brand new Whip would likely cost much more than the used ones he found.

|

4/8/2021 7:59 PM

Out of those 2 used ones, they're very similar but the Salvador has a bit more chromoly in the frame, so I would pick that.

List the specs on the custom you found and a price, it might be better to get that

|

4/8/2021 10:32 PM

aww did I upset the little virgin and now he’s come looking for me in other threads? Go tell your mom on me while you’re having sex with her again.

|

4/8/2021 11:01 PM

u mad bro?

|

4/8/2021 11:19 PM

Let’s tongue kiss under the bleachers like we did when we were teenagers babyboi <3

|

4/8/2021 11:30 PM

I have a better idea, shove that spicy chicken up my ass like that time you got really drunk and let me peg you dressed up like your mom cause it reminded you of the only time she ever really loved you

|

4/9/2021 12:25 AM

Shaked makes me want to slam my head through my wall again

|

smile

4/9/2021 8:21 AM

get the subrosa. theyre more popular.

|

4/9/2021 8:28 AM

Welp. I think Shaked scared another new user away.

RIP JoeMomma.

When are the mods going to ban Shaked?

|