Premiums Warranty

Related:
Create New Tag

7/28/2013 10:29 PM

my guttershark has a small crack on the downtube and i was wondering if anyone here has ever gotten it warrantied or any of their frames. i have to go to a bikeshop in the next town over and i wanted to know if i go there and look at the frame and then give me a new one there? or the shop sends it off to premium and they mail me a frame? i emailed premium and got a stupid response i just want some first hand experience

|

7/29/2013 11:52 AM

probably shouldn't have bought a guttershark
can't expect a 3 pound frame to hold up, should have gotten something more solid, like an s&m

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/29/2013 12:09 PM

3 pounds is a shitty weight for a frame.. that's almost half of what i'd want the weight to be..

but to answer your inquiries, i'd first check with the place it was purchased from.. they usually keep records of purchases for warranty purposes and most manufacturers would rather deal with them, than the general public since they can readily verify any defects and they usually have an established rapport with the distributors.. if they have any on hand, they can just give you one, then send the broken frame in for an exchange..

I think i've heard of a couple people going through multiple guttersharks or upgrading through warranty, to something more durable.. so you should be ok there.. just check with the seller first though and if they can't directly warranty it in store, they'll help you get it done.

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

7/29/2013 12:10 PM

Their, warranty lasts as until you realized you wasted your money on one of their frames.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

7/29/2013 12:17 PM

FuckYoCult wrote:

Their, warranty lasts as until you realized you wasted your money on one of their frames.

That's terrible, sir.. i got their 1948 cranks, and those are amazing.. though i'd probably never get one of their frames.

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

7/29/2013 5:36 PM

Your "local" shop will not be able to hand you a new frame probably. Chances are good they will have to contact Premium/Haro with photos about it, and then IF it is covered, they will ship one out to you. I would guess you are looking at like a week to 2 weeks turnaround, give or take.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/29/2013 6:06 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Your "local" shop will not be able to hand you a new frame probably. Chances are good they will have to contact Premium/Haro ...more

The shop i go to does it with forks and wheels or whatever and they have a nearby warehouse with frames, so they can get it to the customer within a day.. they usually take care of stuff in-house, and then deal with the manufacturer themselves.. but that could be just them.. they are badass like that.

|

-- Jean Rostand

7/30/2013 10:54 AM

I haven't been on this site in a while, when did premium become the new eastern?

|

7/31/2013 7:59 AM

iFLYBikes wrote:

I haven't been on this site in a while, when did premium become the new eastern?

idk, man.. seems like every brand eventually gets the treatment.

|

-- Jean Rostand