Premuim stinger Problem

Related:
Create New Tag

12/28/2013 12:17 PM

my stinger is gay cause when im walking with it and its fine but everytime im walking it its silent in one part then it sounds regular so idk if the driver fucked?i refret buying stinger i rather have bought profile mini

|

12/28/2013 12:23 PM

Thats why you don't buy Premium haha. It might be your driver , does it engage , or do you get "ghost pedal" when it goes silent?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/28/2013 12:25 PM

Is the driver slipping?

|

12/28/2013 12:27 PM

nope driving dsnt slip at all it just ghost silent

|

12/28/2013 1:51 PM

_reyesbmx_ wrote:

nope driving dsnt slip at all it just ghost silent

you mean its only silent when its ghost pedaling? coz that just means.. well nothing, thats what happens when it ghost pedals. try greesing the pawls a bit. or (depending if its a wrap around or individually sprung) bend in or pull out the springs. basically so they dont push the pawls into the ratchet ring as hard

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

12/28/2013 1:57 PM

Should of got a mans hub

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/28/2013 2:08 PM

Photo
so i pull out the springs on the paws?
|

12/28/2013 2:11 PM

like skrecth it?

|

12/28/2013 3:26 PM

What are you talking about? Hubs can't be gay, they don't even live

|

12/28/2013 3:45 PM

just finished de greasing all the internals of the hub and skretched the springs and its LOUD AF ,its sounds like a raptor going 1 billion times faster when im walking it

|

12/28/2013 3:48 PM

_reyesbmx_ wrote:

just finished de greasing all the internals of the hub and skretched the springs and its LOUD AF ,its sounds like a raptor going 1 billion times faster when im walking it

You definitely want a tiny tad of some kind of oil on the ratchet ring and pawls. You are seriously going to kill this already messed up hub running the driver fully degreased. Fully sealed hubs were meant to be ran fully DRY except for the driver o-ring, the driver, ratchet ring, and pawls and springs. You definitely need a bit of light oil at the least. And do not use WD40 for sake!

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/28/2013 3:53 PM

Grease that shit up. If its already a mess , you wanna grease it good , as mentioned above. This should help !

|

My Cult 2 Short

12/28/2013 3:56 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Grease that shit up. If its already a mess , you wanna grease it good , as mentioned above. This should help !

Oil or some type of lube, not grease! Even if grease, apply a VERY LITTLE amount if that. Sex lube as I said before works okay too. xD

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/28/2013 4:08 PM

You get general grease and you can apply it to your bolts , spindle , or hubs . Get grease and apply it to your bearings and make sure you wipe off any extra and you'll be fine.

|

My Cult 2 Short

12/29/2013 4:50 AM

_reyesbmx_ wrote: Photo
so i pull out the springs on the paws?

no, for those i wouldve squashed em down

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

12/29/2013 9:42 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Oil or some type of lube, not grease! Even if grease, apply a VERY LITTLE amount if that. Sex lube as I said before works okay too. xD

Grease works just fine, I used it all the time, as it was not too thin to just run out of the hub. Just apply it sparingly (just a little bit).

Coming from a former Service Manager at one of the largest bike shops chains in the US, Park Tool Polylube or something similar with a little Wet Finish Line Chain Lube mixed in is perfect to keep your driver lubed, but still loudish. That is what I started using to keep things going back when I was stupid and liked my hub loud. Now I don't care as long as it works well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura