Pressure

Related:
Create New Tag

3/4/2014 1:44 PM

Ok to start this off i am not looking for"oh just be yourself don't worry about it" or any other gay crap like that.

Do you ever feel pressure to only ride a certain thing.. Like if you ride 4 pegs do you feel wierd or awkward going to the spark and hitting the box? Like i have a default for my bike setup(hence why i change it so much)

0 pegs park rat or smooth flow type(brakes/no brakes no difference)
2 pegs still park but a bit more well rounded.
3 pegs big style big tricks big gaps(think dennis enarson or tyler fernengel)
4 pegs street demon.. only ride street. ride 3 mph and use every peg in every line(think iz pulido or brandon begin)

ANd i seriously change it constantly to fit into those criteria.. I cant ride park with 4 pegs and i cant ride street with no pegs.. i dont know it is just wierd.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/4/2014 1:45 PM

i ride 1 peg, your post is invalid.

|

3/4/2014 1:47 PM

sbc785 wrote:

i ride 1 peg, your post is invalid.

ok then... 1 peg means super creative and possibly brain damaged =P

|

Deviant BMX store

3/4/2014 2:06 PM

i can certainly agree with that last part.

To me, pegs say nothing of the rider except how they actually grind...or if the pegs are just there for giving your buddy a ride on the back.

|

3/4/2014 2:23 PM

brandon begin is gay /thread

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

3/4/2014 2:27 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

brandon begin is gay /thread

mikel is gay.... /thread

|

Deviant BMX store

3/4/2014 2:28 PM

I just ride flatland. ..lol. this thread is lame

|

It’s all bmx

3/4/2014 2:30 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

mikel is gay.... /thread

mikel is not gay.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

3/4/2014 2:31 PM

I ride pegless and only ride street, there arent ledges or grindable stuff around me tho

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/4/2014 2:49 PM

No lol. I do prefer riding without pegs, theres a noticeable difference for me. But truly, I dont give a fuuuccccckkkkkk. I would rather use my pegs AT the park than spend the 2minutes to take them off while I could be riding.

Its not like people are going to pick on you about that
"HAHAHAHA!! What a poser! What kind of park rat are you?! Using pegs. Hahaha loser. I bet you dont even flip whip bro"

I will take my pegs off before trails though. Unless its some dope ass trails with ledges and rails, you look like an idiot riding pegs at trails. And pegs will take a gnarly chunk out of the jumps if you bail haha.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/4/2014 3:00 PM

while i agree with most of whats being said i mean more along the lines of if you see a rider with 4 pegs do u just assume street.. or if you see a rider with no pegs do you assume park? i obviously do.. a

|

Deviant BMX store

3/4/2014 3:02 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

while i agree with most of whats being said i mean more along the lines of if you see a rider with 4 pegs do u just assume ...more

I assume they ride a bike.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/4/2014 3:04 PM

Photo
|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

3/4/2014 3:04 PM

i look for how trashed their pegs are, if they're new i assume they're some squid who wants to be a hardcore rider, if they're beat i'll assume they know what they're doing.

|

3/4/2014 3:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2014 3:22 PM

i just ride pegless and a rear brake everywhere cuz thats just my riding style and thats how ive always had my bike. but i cant help but assume a guy with 4 pegs at a park will just be hitting ledges and rails all day, until i see him boost a quarterpipe and be like "well shit, i shouldnt jugde a book by its cover"

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

3/4/2014 3:25 PM

sbc785 wrote:

i look for how trashed their pegs are, if they're new i assume they're some squid who wants to be a hardcore rider, if they're ...more

Do I look like I know what I'm doing lolol Photo

|

3/4/2014 3:27 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

while i agree with most of whats being said i mean more along the lines of if you see a rider with 4 pegs do u just assume ...more

Well, if i see 4 pegs i do adsume that he is riding street

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/4/2014 3:33 PM

sbc785 wrote:

i look for how trashed their pegs are, if they're new i assume they're some squid who wants to be a hardcore rider, if they're ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

dude thats dangerous as shit... id be afraid for my legs in a bail.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

3/4/2014 3:34 PM

ive always ridden with 2 pegs. been wanting to get into 4 pegs so i can learn opposite side grinds and do some more variations. im getting bored with just 2

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

3/4/2014 3:41 PM

I just recently took off my pegs. The only time I ever used them was for stalls on sub boxes at parks and feebles and smiths on really low boxes. Basically I had no use for them. Plus doing front pedal feeble stall things on quarters is more fun than legit feebles for me

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

3/4/2014 3:44 PM

element4all wrote:

dude thats dangerous as shit... id be afraid for my legs in a bail.

I never hit it, I don't think I ever come even remotely close to doing so. Now if I rode a peg on the switch side in the rear, then I'd probably be hitting it haha. Thing's 5 years old now

|

3/4/2014 3:57 PM

I also just recently took off my pegs, ain't shit around here to grind on, plus it looks cleeean

|

3/4/2014 4:13 PM

i took my pegs off to lol.. I suck at riding ramps and only ever do grinds so figure if im pegless i have to ride ramps... or get really creative either way its a plus.

|

Deviant BMX store

3/4/2014 4:26 PM

Who the fuck cares if you judge someone for his bike than you're just as bad as a scooter. I ride 3 pegs. I can barely grind ! I have them for astetics and when I do grind I can , plus the 2 top pegs let me muck with hang five and try some flatland or crooked grinds. I run a coaster , doesn't mean I'm street . A setup for riding street or park. Thats how I like it as long as it's dialed I really could care less. Ride what you like.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/4/2014 7:35 PM

I ride trails with no brakes when most people i know ride with brakes...usually most people assume i ride street but dont

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/4/2014 7:37 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Who the fuck cares if you judge someone for his bike than you're just as bad as a scooter. I ride 3 pegs. I can barely grind ! ...more

Photo
|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

3/4/2014 7:43 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Photo

Time to start a fund for some new pegs...
Do not want to read obituary titled: ground to death by own pegs.
|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

3/4/2014 7:48 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Who the fuck cares if you judge someone for his bike than you're just as bad as a scooter. I ride 3 pegs. I can barely grind ! ...more

boston wrote: Photo

Thanks haha honestly so true. I've seen pegless people destroy guys who are "street" and even had some guy on a DJ come to a park and show everyone up. BIKES DONT MATTER.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/4/2014 8:18 PM

boston wrote: Photo

Time to start a fund for some new pegs...
Do not want to read obituary titled: ground to death by own pegs.

If I wanted to replace it, I would. It has life left, no sense in getting rid of it haha.

|

3/4/2014 8:35 PM

I dont use my front or opposite side pegs AS MUCH, but i ride flatland/street so it works out

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5