Pretty set on this wheelset. Let me know what you think

Related:
Create New Tag

7/18/2013 1:15 PM

Pretty sure going to go with the gsport ribcages or rollcages front and back im not to sure whats more stronger some input would be nice.
Also for hubs im thinking about the odyssey antigram in the OIL color cause its nasty and waiting on the front one to come out. Not to sure how good the antigram is either.
The other option for hubs i was thinking the profile minis cause ive heard very good things from many of people.
Lastly i was thinking of getting the rim laces for free from ALbes. Is there USA made spokes and nipples good or no???

|

7/18/2013 1:18 PM

Go with GSport Ribcages no doubt.
As for hubs if you wait long enough the new GSport Simians will come out both front and back.
As for now if you want matching hubs go for Antigram/Vandero2.
Antigram is basically a slimmed down GSport Ratchet, same internals, smaller axle and bearings and different shell.
Either ways you're good to go.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/18/2013 1:20 PM

spokes are spokes....profile and tree hub are my favorite, bsd are nice too....Didnt a lot of people have antigram issues??? Get a ratchet with a 3/8 conversion kit, blows the antigram away.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

7/18/2013 1:22 PM

andyferly wrote:

Go with GSport Ribcages no doubt.
As for hubs if you wait long enough the new GSport Simians will come out both front and back.
As for now if you want matching hubs go for Antigram/Vandero2.
Antigram is basically a slimmed down GSport Ratchet, same internals, smaller axle and bearings and different shell.
Either ways you're good to go.

Ok thanks for the input man you really helped a lot. Albes said they could lace the rear for now and send it then do the front when the oil color for the front came in. Not to sure what to do there cause im in love with the oil. Never heard about the Gsport simians going to take a look

|

7/18/2013 1:27 PM

JNazarak642 wrote:

Ok thanks for the input man you really helped a lot. Albes said they could lace the rear for now and send it then do the front when the oil color for the front came in. Not to sure what to do there cause im in love with the oil. Never heard about the Gsport simians going to take a look

The Simian is just a Marmoset with some improvements.
As for the Oil slick it's your call if you feel like waiting for them to come out then go ahead, I know some people have already pre ordered them.
If you want to go with black hubs then Marmoset no doubt, I rode both the Marm and the Vandero 2 and both great hubs, I'd still go with the Marm if I was you.
As for the Simians I'm not sure how long it's going to take cause the front one is done but as for the rear one there's been talk about it and some testing but nothing concrete.

|

7/18/2013 1:28 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

spokes are spokes....profile and tree hub are my favorite, bsd are nice too....Didnt a lot of people have antigram issues??? Get a ratchet with a 3/8 conversion kit, blows the antigram away.

You can get the Ratchet directly in 3/8", I just don't see the point in that.

|

7/18/2013 1:38 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

andyferly wrote:

You can get the Ratchet directly in 3/8", I just don't see the point in that.

Ok also coming from a pure moto background and not so much bmx whats the difference between 14mm and 3/8 is it the actual axle??

|

7/18/2013 1:47 PM

G-Sport Ribcage 36h Rim Black
Odyssey Antigram 36h Front Hub Oil Slick
Odyssey HGS Spokes x 36 Black
G-Sport Taper Hex Alloy Nipples x 36 Black

Odyssey Antigram 36h 9t Rear Hub Oil Slick

Good Spokes & Nipples are PARAMOUNT to a decent wheel build. Spend the extra money on good Spokes & Nipples your Wheels will last a lot longer!

|

7/18/2013 1:52 PM

Topsey wrote:

Odyssey Antigram 36h Front Hub Oil Slick

Odyssey Antigram 36h 9t Rear Hub Oil Slick

Good Spokes & Nipples are PARAMOUNT to a decent wheel build. Spend the extra money on good Spokes & Nipples your Wheels will last a lot longer!

Thats what i was thinking!! Also i looked around for the gsport nipples and really couldnt find them in stock. Also where would be a good place for those spokes if i go that route

|

7/18/2013 1:59 PM

www.EmpireBMX.com

Tom who owns & runs Empire is seriously the best in the business! He will sort you out with everything you need! Email him, ask him for that Wheelset & if he doesn't have everything in stock already he will get it all for you!
|

7/18/2013 3:40 PM

I'd go for Tree hubs. Just built a front one up for my friend and I love it. Easy to build and the wheel seems very strong and stiff. Plus it is absolutely the smoothest hub I've ever seen. Love everything about it. I'd take it over my Marmoset any day.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/18/2013 3:57 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I'd go for Tree hubs. Just built a front one up for my friend and I love it. Easy to build and the wheel seems very strong and stiff. Plus it is absolutely the smoothest hub I've ever seen. Love everything about it. I'd take it over my Marmoset any day.

Cannot wait to get my hands on the Straight Pull Hubs! I'm waiting till the 4140 CRMO Guards are released, then i am getting a complete new Wheelset! Tree-Sport FTW!

|