Primo Hollowbite V2 Cranks?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2014 10:42 AM

anybody have the primo hollowbite v2 cranks? thinking about getting some and wanted to know what yall think

|

5/14/2014 10:52 AM

I used to love and still miss my old powerbites. Simple and easy to work on. I'd expect the same from these.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

5/14/2014 11:05 AM

Excellent cranks and amazing value for money you can't go wrong.

|

5/14/2014 11:21 AM

I just got powerbites they are epic

|

BORN FAST ish

5/14/2014 11:46 AM

crispy_nugget wrote:

I just got powerbites they are epic

I can confirm this

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/14/2014 7:41 PM

Id get power bits.
But yeah the V2's are still pretty good.
I have had all three
V'1 I swapped for powers because the guy wanted a lighter bike hahaha
Havent failed me either. pedal boss has come loose once but you just tighten it back up and it's fine.
Get powers

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/14/2014 9:35 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

Id get power bits.
But yeah the V2's are still pretty good.
I have had all three
V'1 I swapped for powers because the guy ...more

I've read somewhere that putting a washer between the pedal and crank will keep the boss from coming loose at all. Pretty simple fix.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/14/2014 10:32 PM

Shadow noctis or fit 24 indents .....can't go wrong with profiles......my buddy has hollowbites and now can't get his pedal out .... The housing just spins with the wrench not sure if the v2s fixed that problem

|

5/14/2014 10:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2014 10:37 PM

Dunno how many times this has been said, BUT,
GREASE THE DAMN THREADS!!!

If you do, your pedals will not get permanently bound to your cranks.
Simple solution.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

5/14/2014 10:59 PM

boston wrote:

If you do, your pedals will not get permanently ...more

Grease will help when taking things off, but there's two sides to this problem. When tightening the pedals, if you over tighten you risk loosening the insert.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/14/2014 11:12 PM

boston wrote:

If you do, your pedals will not get permanently ...more

BMXism wrote:

Grease will help when taking things off, but there's two sides to this problem. When tightening the pedals, if you over ...more

True. But using common sense helps prevent it.
I'll put it this way,
I used to be an HVAC tech, and over tightening black iron pipe can split fittings and cause leaks. And believe me it's not easy, but I can torque a wrench enough to do so. However, if I tighten till I can't see threads, it's tight enough.
Similar case with pedals on cranks. If you can't see threads, and it feels tight, it is. Unless you weigh 300 lbs and gap small buildings, that should be plenty.
Amirite?

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

5/14/2014 11:27 PM

boston wrote:

I'll put it this way,
I used to be an HVAC tech, and over tightening black ...more

Exactly. Great example. Although not everyone will use common sense.. then blame the parts. I know it's not the greatest design, but it works if you know what you're doing. Maybe Primo should have this info written down in the instructions or something...

|

5/14/2014 11:32 PM

BMXism wrote:

Grease will help when taking things off, but there's two sides to this problem. When tightening the pedals, if you over ...more

boston wrote:

I'll put it this way,
I used to be an HVAC tech, and over tightening black ...more

BMXism wrote:

Exactly. Great example. Although not everyone will use common sense.. then blame the parts. I know it's not the greatest ...more

Lol!
You know even if they did, nobody would read them.
Sad... But true.
Common sense and proper installation techniques aren't exactly prevalent in this day and age. If they were, the these parts/companies suck threads would dwindle massively.
A man can dream...

|